First Feb. Fri.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

First Feb. Fri.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:41 am

I was woke up in the night by the dog barking at the neighbor getting home from a beach va cation trip I think.
Could not get back to sleep so did my qt planning journal still to do.
I feel like I've made some successes yea!

Got the dresser glued up I was worried about not knowing how to do it & just winged it yea for success on that
so glad I did not try to lift it and was able to do that with out lifting it.

What do you have going on?

CathyS

Re: First Feb. Fri.

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:42 am

Good news!! So far all of the groundhogs are calling for an early spring!! You can't see a shadow if the sun is hiding behind the clouds...

Dh is still sleeping. I have moved the small table in the bathroom and vacuumed the floor in there. Then I mopped it. I cleaned the legs of the table because there was a lot of cat hair on them. I also did the tub/shower and sink yesterday. Last night I even shined the kitchen sink. We put the tiny table in between the tall cupboard and the counter so the cats can get up to their food and water easier. The 2 older cats are large and sometimes they can't/won't jump up to the counter.

All clean laundry is away. I need to empty the dishwasher.

Today I have a big shopping day ahead of me at Walmart. Not as big as some of LadyM's shopping excursions, but my cart will be full. My pantry shelves seem too bare lately.

Dh bought a pork roast yesterday and we will be having that tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:00 am

d Nancy - thank you for starting us!!!! Happy Friday
sorry d dog woke you up but happy you got some planning done!

Actually I can hear the music of the Happy SHE Conga Dance .....

hi d cathy! can I have some of yours and d Nancy's energy! enjoy your shopping day!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:18 am

it's supposed to get warm on Wednesday and Thursday, next week. 53-56 so I may put off the outside work until next week. This temperature spike happens every February and then poof we get back to 0. We still need snow to help fill our aquifer in our area. We have been struggling with low water levels in the marsh for many years. -

I heard parts of Iowa are having drought.

my hope was to work outside but I might put that off until tomorrow etc. It will be 29 degrees later this afternoon; it might hit 37 degrees early this afternoon - (they say it will feel like 31 Degrees). I will see how I feel.

Truth be told I have work that I should do inside. maybe I will do a card bingo game 8-) :D
You would never know the cleaning ladies came - the floors - eek - that's all I can say!

set alarm for one hour - I ate breakfast and want to exercise when the timer goes off.

I am super tired as I had dreams before I woke up where I was made to dress in a blow up unicorn costume and they wanted me to ride a unicycle for kids (oh my gosh - I kept telling them that I couldn't ride a unicycle because of my ankles but there I was inside a unicorn blow up costume and wobbly riding a unicycle for a children's party :shock: :lol:
What does that mean? :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:58 am

I have done some journaling.
s2slippers happened & some bfast took my meds. & vits.
Exercise bike seems to be a great option today bc of the rain we had and fog is out now plus cooler temps.
Cal. is going to be getting feet of snow a good thing for them.
Have fun with your day gals!

Got rid of drinking cups with metal in them I thought it was a metallic taste.
Some have lead in them but claim it's covered with stainless steel I am not going to drink from it just in case...
fb said false on the post with a pic of a tester with q tip showing zine. Not my pic . so who knows but just in case skipping that.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:10 pm

Aaah! I just lost a long post! The TL;DR: Good morning all! I am impressed as ever with Nancy's ability to hit the ground running. I had to get up early today to get the car to the shop, and once DH brought me home, I had breakfast and promptly dozed off. blessed, I know about February thaws -- my most extreme example was when I was in college and one week I had to pull out summer clothes and the next, we had classes cancelled due to the snow. Though no coffee drinker, I am going to make myself a mocha with a packet of instant coffee DD got in a premade college care package. It's been sitting here for two years because none of us drink coffee.

I am twiddling my thumbs because I am supposed to have some files coming to me to proof, but they're not there yet. Dfriend told me not to turn down the gain but to turn it up; they've had consistency issues. I don't know what I'm going to do till the files arrive. Probably laundry. There's always laundry.

I will be on my own for dinner tonight. DH and DD are going to the hockey game, and DC is going out to dinner with their girlfriend. I think I will have Thai.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 pm

hello hello -

exercised
played with dogs
did a 5 minute run in fridge: dw is now running a vinegar clean.
cleaned the filter in there
more work done - took 5 minutes to go through my two magazine and recycled it.

timer: Tap dancing into each room by room 5 minutes each
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:28 pm

Dcleaning lady has done her magic. I was up on time and, thanks to some straightening yesterday and last night, had the house together for her.

I have nothing out of the house today although I should go to the post office to ck HOA box for checks. I'll cook shabbat dinner - grill steaks outside maybe? Our high is supposed to be 65 today! We have two couples coming tomorrow night for dinner but I'm getting lasagna from our favorite restaurant as a "take and bake."
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:46 pm

Good morning (it is still morning for 15 more minutes)

I'm on hour #6 of my day. DH and I have been to the gym to accomplish our final exercise session for this week.

When we left for the gym DS15 and a friend going through our refrigerator gathering things to eat. I knew they would most likely clear out all the available ready-to-eat food. Teenage boys can eat a shocking amount of food. Today they are running jack hammers, so their calorie needs are higher than normal.

On the way home we stopped by a lifelong friend BBQ place and brought home a selection of fresh-off-the-grill meat.
1lb brisket
2lb country ribs
2lb chicken tenders
2lb bologna
That should give me a running start on the ready to eat food available. I will just need to make sides dishes to go along with them.

I'm planning a trip out this afternoon. Some fun will be mixed in with the must-do's.

The donation pile has been steadily growing so that needs to be taken to our favorite charity. I think by laying the 2nd and 3rd row of seats down that it might all fit. Part of me is sad to see all this STUFF that we have accumulated and isn't being used. However, another part of me is happy to free ourselves from the STUFF that can still be used and hopefully bring joy to someone else. I'm having some success with DH being willing to let things go by asking him "If the house burned down would you miss this enough to replace it?"

An estate sale. I really enjoy visiting unique older homes and seeing how they utilized their spaces. An estate sale is to get rid of all kinds of STUFF and seeing the massive amounts left for others to deal with helps remind me that it is going to be us someday. I am not interested in buying the STUFF, but I do like to browse out of the ordinary, and items that are not available in-store.

Pharmacy has a prescription ready to pick up for DH. While at Sam's I'll buy the pantry restock items and get gas.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:14 pm

Boy, our groundhog has to be seeing his shadow! It’s a bright, bright sunshiny day here!
I’m sorry I don’t feel too sunshiny.
Everything dh does today is upsetting me. Just one of those things, I guess. And he knows he’s messing up and then goes into this thing about how stupid he is or something, and I have to go into “no, no, it’s not that bad” — but I’m still mad.

Grrrr…
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”