First Feb. Fri.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: First Feb. Fri.

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:50 pm

rose so good to see you popping in!

hi d Lucy! our ground hog did not see it's shadow so it's a 50/50 chance :D

hi d lady cheering you as you move step by step, hour by hour through your day!
I love your donation pile getting ready to go!
I love seeing older homes as well.

hi d twins yay on cleaning lady!!!

played a bit with dogs
read the English garden magazine - 3 magazines out of the house now. no more left.

I did read an article on the ice farms/companies that were around until the 1910/20's. Fascinating. that could not happen now because of global warming. The lakes and rivers near us used to freeze up to 20" deep; not even close now. Actually the lake near our house never froze. There were 12 ice companies just on one lake about a half hour from here. It's a shame that farmland is gone in these areas - Now it is wall to wall shops, malls and houses. The article was really interesting.

time to work again -
next vacuum the three season room - first with bigger vacuum and then had vacuum

had a 1/2 a cup of black bean chili, some fruit.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:14 pm

I’m online with QB. Sigh.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:02 pm

what ever qb is - I hope it's a short, not stressful phone call d twins

----------------------------
finished work in 3 season room - I could do a really thorough job but it is cold in there. also watered the bushes I brought inside this fall - watering every 2 - 3 weeks to hopefully keep them alive
-watered the inside plants
-cleaned up all the bird seed on windows and ground outside and the nyjer seed in the 3 season room that I dropped and d dogs brought in from their paws.

The opossum continues to come to the yard even though there isn't seed. I think I will put seed outside the inside fence to stop the critters coming near the house.. I don't put out any bird seed out in late spring/ summer/early fall unless we have a complete drought - I put it out for the birds for the winter time. I do leave water for all animals.

on the hour I played with the dogs. next on the hour will be training the dogs and play. Afterwards will be my abs and ankle exercises.

bummed that one of the pieces of art (print) I had became faded! bummer.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:08 pm

if anyone is interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB2F6SvVjN0&t=13s

the forger is about Aldofo Kaminsky is 13 minutes long and is about a French man who worked for the resistance to produce documents to save people from the atrocities of Hitler and his followers.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:18 pm

Is qb quick books?
I have had an hour nap and it helped needed it bc I got up so early.
Took apart a journal I got at a yard sale with some pages ripped out so I took the rest out trimmed them for scratch papers and note,
some were half sheets for groc. list I put on a clip on the fridge. Used my scrap booking page cutter.
Had my lunch did the dishes dressed to shoes now.
Sun it trying to burn off the fog. 8-)
Found the basket I've been looking for it was hiding!
Put it in the dresser I glued up yesterday.
-----
:idea: Shop at home got more baskets for organizing the stuff that goes in the dresser from the basement,
I'd gotten at yard sales last summer.
Had lunch
Glued on two other wood projects I am prepping before painting.

Afternoon CI
Walked ddoggo still a bit foggy.
Saw heard a robin this week.

Had dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:44 pm

qb= quick books - totally makes sense.

d Nancy glad you took an hour nap!!!
yay on finding the basket you were looking for.
wow - hearing a robin - so neat!

spoke to a dear old neighbor for almost an hour! it was very nice to chit chat!
dogs just ate their dinner at their fall ahead time: 4:30 pm (spring ahead time: 5:30 spring/summer time)

I am learning a lot from my class; but, I find myself veering off to roads that relate to it but isn't important to learn. 8-)
I knew that I was in trouble when I looked for videos on how and why guard cells work on stoma's. geesh - the fact that watching them open and close was fascinating to me; made me realize that I was in an ADHD moment. :roll: :lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:20 pm

Yes, QB, sorry for abbreviation. I have statements to HOA homeowners who haven't paid up ready to mail tomorrow. I've done some of the things I needed to do, but wasted oh so much time today on the chat with those people.

And dh is just fired up now about early supper and building a fire and inviting people over. My part of supper is ready but he underestimated his grilling time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:08 am

the link to video is off by email to my history buff child, dstepson, blessed. I ended up watching too.

I may be better. It is a little sobering to see that there are only two pills left and to think that some of my skin still has such a bad look that HRH and dd25 try to think of positive words to tell me. "progressing", says dd after thought. But the help the med could give will have been done by tomorrow and waiting is the work. Tramadol pain script is here if I need it but managing without. News travels fast medically and an unrelated appt I had was postponed because another office saw in records that I was potentially a risk for immune-suppressed persons. Other than that, I wouldn't seem odd to others. Well, no bra.

a week of tadas are not impressive.
I wrote a letter.
I worked bit by bit on the quilt top.
I cleaned the bathtub.
2 laundry loads grand total.
keeping the dishes at bay
prayer meetings online

Binge watched "You Are What You Eat, a Twins Study" on Net flicks.

Today was the 2nd webinar. He was funny, excitedly cheerful again.

Tomorrow evening the busy couple do wedding plan things here. Perhaps i can be helpful.

Return to “Post When You Can”