Sundry Saturday Stuff PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sundry Saturday Stuff PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:42 am

Sundry activities and tasks are happening today in our village, many and various. Do tell about your day!

Sundry: including many things of different kinds : MISCELLANEOUS, VARIOUS, sundry items/articles
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Sundry Saturday Stuff PWYC

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:19 am

Hi!

I've made the bed and put a small load of laundry on.

Leftover pork roast to be heated in gravy for supper.

Dh claims that he was up all night. He was sleeping in the bed all 3 times when I got up to use the bathroom.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:26 am

We're to have good weather again today - high 63 and mostly sunny.

Tonight we're having two couples here for dinner so I will get things ready today. Lasagna will be picked up and baked here, a guest is bringing salad. We have a cheesecake in the freezer for dessert, with berries and whipped cream. And appetizers the usual: cheese, crackers, fruit, nuts, whatever is in the refrigerator for a charcuterie board. Hoping dh doesn't insist on a fire outside too. Last night we rushed through our dinner so he could have the fire and company.

I need a grocery trip this morning so am ordering deli meat/cheese now.

Last night we had people here until 9:30ish at the fire. I was tired and am feeling peopled out right now, with more coming tonight.

Instead of cooking a meal for the neighbor whose parent passed away recently, I'm going to help on Monday with some middle of the day food between the morning private interment and afternoon visitation/service. So I need to reschedule my body work appointment on Monday a.m., and my haircut on Monday a.m. I will go to the service in the afternoon at two.

Right now I need to walk the ddog and have a quick breakfast and get out to the grocery. That's my sundry day, all over the place.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:00 am

Sundry Thanks for that definition I needed it.
various & many things I did a writing of the highlights of this week in a gratitude journal.
I am encouraged today by some prayer answers I saw in news reports.
They got a tip yea for that!

Up at my regular time.
I binge watched a fav. show glad to see they are doing another season yea!
Cloudy here again today no fog however that is encouraging.

Had coffee it is just now getting day light.
qt & journal some done on these.
Making good use of my new planning refill pages I got earlier in the week. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:01 am

Good morning

I slept in an extra hour this morning. Using that 1st hour of my day to sleep in is a blessing that I welcome. Friday & Saturday are the only days of the week that it can happen. We were up until 11:30 last night with DS15 and a friend here. Lots of teenage boy activities happening. They don't seem to have an off switch or a lack of energy. I am thankful for the low drama and high amount of respect.

My kitchen activities today will include making
** Spanish rice
** Fruit salad
** Veg/meat soup
** Big Green Salad
** Pizza (from freezer)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:06 am

waiting for my webinar to begin :D
it's an actual event with zoom. It looks like it would be so much fun to be there.

d harriet - I hope that you only have 2 more days of meds won't be a problem. praying the pain goes away! My d mom and law, two sister in laws and my aunt had this and I know it's no picnic. praying for relief for you!

hi d twins thank you for starting us!
hi d cathy
hi d lady
hi d Nancy
hi d everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:17 am

Swept and mopped back hall and bedroom. Waiting for dh to go lay down so I can sweep and mop the living room and bathroom. I also want to wash the blanket that is on the couch that he sits on all day, every day. I wish he was more active.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:36 am

okay I could sit watching the webinar without working but that won't do well for my body or the dogs. I could sit here all day. Telling myself: " get that timer" move your bahookey

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:01 pm

Spanish rice is made. I am thankful for my past self that grew/chopped/froze garden vegetables so they are easy to add to recipes. It makes cooking so much easier and quick.

I have started gathering the individual ingredients to make the soup and fruit salad. The two dishes use over a dozen fruit and vegetables so there is quite a bit to gather. After I take a quick break to update SHE cards, I will focus on making those dishes in between doing the next hour cards.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:35 pm

hello one hour of webinar under my belt -
so much fun for me -this would make my dh's eye's glaze over - he agreed. :D

time for the timer again.
5 minute run around - more of a slow walk 8-)

Return to “Post When You Can”