Sundry Saturday Stuff PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sundry Saturday Stuff PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:32 pm

Blessed - YGG! I have fond memories of attending the 2 yr Master Gardening course. The amount of information they provide in a short amount of time is like trying to drink from a fire hose.

Soup is made and may be the best tasting soup I have ever made. The ingredients also hit all macro and nutritional goals for the day. Win! Win!

I haven't made fruit salad yet because the soup took up more time than I expected. I did weigh & package about a dozen bags of the fresh spinach, cabbage, carrots so they will be quick to add to future soups. I like to add frozen vegetables to the soup because I can break up frozen vegetables while they are in a bag instead of chopping which speeds up the soup assemble.

DD12 is with DD47. DS15 is at work. DH and I are taking this opportunity to go on a little adventure together.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:38 pm

Hello, all!

Had a pretty decent evening on my own last night. Put on the last couple of episodes of The Masked Singer that I hadn’t seen yet and sorted through one of the boxes in my bedroom. It’s a wonder how the various things in the box ended up together. I found a bunch of office supplies; an envelope of photos from my childhood, including some of my classmates; a bunch of cards I’d saved (found $40 that my brother had given me for my 40th birthday — THAT was a while ago! :shock: ); some pieces of a game, and a scrapbook of home/garden/clothing ideas that today would be a Pinterest page if I used Pinterest. I also found various items that I should have put in a scrapbook for the kids’ preschool. I feel guilty about never doing that, but at the time, I asked for help and didn’t get any, not even from the moms that were avid scrapbookers. The preschool doesn’t exist anymore, so the scrapbooks no longer matter, and I trashed most of that stuff.

We went to the bank this morning in hopes that we could get the money that has been deposited into our old account (with the fraud hold on it) into our new account and close the old one. Unfortunately, that requires the cooperation of a department that is closed on weekends, so I have to come back on Monday. I’m hoping it’s not the same department I was on hold with for two hours on Thursday. :roll:

Probably going to spend some time on Mt. Washmore next. Have a good day, everybody!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:48 pm

Home from grocery, unloaded and put away. Dh is going to Costco.

I dropped my Fitbit weekly goal back down from 60K to 56K since I haven't hit the goal since the week that ended Saturday 6 January. I've hit 56K now and may make it to 60K, not sure.

Talked to dneighbor who was HOA treasurer last night, and for some people, it takes a lot of follow up to get their dues paid. :shock: So I'm going ahead with mailing the invoices but will need to spend time on follow up in the coming week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:10 pm

I am so excited to hear that you took the master gardening course! I am not sure if I will pass it but I am having fun!
I agree the amount of information that they give is overwhelming. I also have a tendency to go down a rabbit hole when I see a term I don't know. I have had to go outside the class and use sites that explain things and have videos/pictures/etc.

One master gardener told me she had been a science teacher and relied on her education and her teaching to help her go through the course. I will say the master gardeners that I have met are really lovely helpful individuals.

Your soup sounds wonderful!
it's brilliant that you precut your summer veggies for your dishes!

Have fun on your adventure!

hi d cathy yay on your work!!! swish swiping through your house

hi d Nancy! prayers answered - a blessing
yay on planner pages.
I am finding I need to rely on my planner more and more as I get older -

hello everyone - I was thinking of Helia today - if you pop in... Hello

Hello everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:55 pm

taking a break from the 5 minute room by rooms (boredom level is high so I find going 5 minutes through house and going around again is helping me keep my ADHD in control (for now)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:58 pm

I need to get busy again. I've s2s-ed and fluffed my hair, and started bread in the bread maker. At TOTH I'll work 45 min to :15 before. I need to set the table, still need to make the bed, straighten bath and MBR, straighten up on screened porch, clear kitchen counters, swiffer/spot clean kitchen floor maybe, put away the rest of the ingredients for the bread. Lots of other small stuff, and I could loop back to the HOA books. I was on a roll yesterday when I had to stop for supper prep and hurry it up.

To dh has a massage and then bowls in the evening. A friend passed away this morning, and the funeral is probably Monday morning - not announced yet but that's what dh hears. So helping for dneighbor whose father died is out the door. I did reschedule my hair appt already, and texted my massage therapist that I need to reschedule.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:11 pm

I have done a rbr and spiffed up the kit. counter had lunch fetched mail.
Did some knitting got some other colors of yarn on and that is fun.
It is raining out now so walk will wait or I"ll do diff. type of activity,
Way to go on your progress everyone is it interesting to read all your posts.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:35 pm

some people, it takes a lot of follow up to get their dues paid

I found myself wondered if they have the option of paying with paypal, venmo, cashapp, etc. The younger generation seems to prefer those options.

I made two pans of bread pudding. I'm using the countertop oven to bake them because the regular oven usually just frustrates me.

DH and I didn't go on our adventure yet. DS15 was being needy so we postponed it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:56 pm

I wish, LadyM. Need to think about that. We have a website, unasked for actually, but a gal on the social committee set it up and she says there's the ability to take payments. The thing about it is, tho, that most charge a % to process so we lose revenue unless somehow we could make them gross it up. Neighbor who had been treasurer said she sometimes got personal Venmo payments to her for the HOA, and sometimes cash. We only do this once a year so it seems like it wouldn't be that difficult.

I was effective in working - bed made and those rooms straightened, been working on kitchen but stopped to shape challah to rise. The table is set and I needed to wash two plates - I think we only have seven of these that I like to use. They aren't oversized - our others are eleven inches across and for a meal with three components - lasagna, salad and bread, it's too much.

I'm going to work another 45 min. I may run out of things to do, and if so, I'll relax. This time I need to do some paper taming and maybe take care of a couple more dead plants. Also kitchen floor, now that I've shaped the bread and don't have loose flour.

Dh is puttering around at something after watching TV for a couple of hours while I worked. I had him empty a pot with a dead fern and take the empty pot to the garage.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:22 pm

the program is finally done - lots of information and lots of fun for me.

time to get outside.I think?

my neighbors teen likes to walk across the yards in back, even though there is a sidewalk, down the road a bit, that gets one to the other area.
My dogs went to the end and barked at him :shock: - the high school boy stood there and just looked at them. My dogs kept barking at him - geesh - dogs!!! They seem to know, this year, that I can't walk out back to get them as easily - that has to be nipped in the bud.

- Our neighbor behind us doesn't like the teen walking through his yard and I wonder why his parents let him do that; especially when they know that these folks don't like it. I guess I am more sensitive to others properties because I was taught Not to walk on others land unless you got permission. It was a strict rule for us. Suburbs are different.

This was the same boy that played golf across all of the yards with real golf balls. Not a bad kid at all - just didn't get that it wasn't a good option when playing with real golf balls.

-

Return to “Post When You Can”