Sundry Saturday Stuff PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sundry Saturday Stuff PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:27 pm

most charge a % to process

DS15 and I just had a conversation about this a couple days ago. DH and I have noticed many businesses have a 3-5% extra charge if paying by app or card. DS15 experienced it recently when his friend needed to pay cash for something but only had cashapp card. DS15 gave his friend $20 cash and the friend repaid it by sending DS15 money through cashapp. DS15 now is out his $20 cash in hand and has to find a way to get the money minus the process fee out of cashapp app. DS15 gets paid cash each week and he immediately puts a % of that money into two types of savings (long term & short term). I am encouraging DS15 to stay with cash as much as possible while he is in this phase of his life.

The bread pudding is quickly becoming a family favorite. Everyone said it was perfect just the way it is, but then we started brainstorming ways to modify and try different flavors. This makes no sense. If it is perfect then why do we immediately talk about modifying it the next time I make it? LOL.

One of my favorite youtubers Peter Santenello just started a new series. This series is on the Deep South. I have watched all his travel series in various locations.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:43 pm

Walked earlier & have picked up the back yard after ddoggo.
I got the dishes put away & dumped the trash.
I dis - like long vids. Bible studies on zoom class that are too long also not a fan. just saying.
Some that I enjoy and are too long I have paused and come back later for the next part.
Like if I"m listening to one and doing kitchen duty for example.
Did a section of knitting started a new color now.
Got my steps in today yea!
Have not done any on my crochet yet.Did some.
Washed up more stuff in the kitchen.
Trash got dumped yea!
Lady M Time & tide yt back int he box vids are great!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:47 pm

Some that I enjoy and are too long I have paused and come back later for the next part.

This is me. My attention span is short. I'm not sure that I've ever just sat and watched a video from start to finish without pausing it. I get bored watching the same video and usually watch multiple shows at the same time. Watch/pause, get up and do something, watch pause different show, get up and do something, repeat repeat. Sometimes it takes days for me to finish a video. Years ago I used to watch traditional TV shows and jump up doing things during commercials. Now with streaming channels there are no commercials, but I still have the same watch a little then do something pattern.

I'm currently watching 5 different shows. I switch between Peter S, Young Sheldon, Reacher, House and
Plan 2024 with Index cards
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 am

Y'all don't even want to KNOW about my day... sheesh.
DH and I are still kinda snippy at each other -- I know he feels awful, but I am just worn out with DOING everything and KEEPING everyone happy and I am in no mood to hear complaints or suggestions. He is super-sensitive about everything and I'm just at my wit's end.
It's just been a long day and now we hear that dgd is on some coach we've never heard of, from out-lying rival school... and ddil doesn't recognize any of the names (first names only) on the group text. DGD was hesitant to sign up ANYWAY, and here we are now with this uncertainty... What if they practice at the other school? (Ddil texted back to the group and coach assured her it is a team for our Tiny Town, but still -- if he's bringing a bunch of girls from the other community, then where are they going to practice?)
Maybe it will all work out okay -- the coach will be wonderful, they will practice in our community, dgd will like the other girls... and she'll have a lot of fun.

Sigh. I'm not happy.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”