See your day Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

See your day Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:21 am

Can you visualize what your Sunday will look like?

Start with what a perfect Sunday would be......... and be willing to adjust for reality. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: See your day Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:29 am

My day will not be a typical Sunday. We are adjusting for reality.

DH is running a low grade fever and has an upset digestive track. We are switching from normal activities to isolation in an effort of limiting the number of sick germs being shared. Our community is full of people who has flu a and flu b.

I am still following my hourly plan because I like that frequent reward system.

Bread maker is doing an excellent job of filling the air with good smells. I enjoy the smell of bread baking more than the actual eating.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:40 am

I am u a bit late had good sleep and an active dream sinero I was taking care of and handling things I will take as a good sign.
LucyL. you post reminds me of a time when my dson was five and in laws were going to pay for my son to go to the boys club and they were trying to get him into boxing. My son was not all that gung-ho about it. They were also trying to do this with just lh knowledge and not involve me in the
decision making not telling me etc. I put my foot down and put a ka baush on that. Lh would work a lot and I was the parent that did the rides planning etc. we had church activities that conflicted. Fil was a boxer in the service. Not sorry.

I have been up long enough to wake up a bit sip on some coffee. Fed the ddoggo and let her out and back in.
I need to put clip her nails on my to do list this week.
I did a bit of stretching.
I need to s2s & wash my hair.
Have a great day ladies.

I finished up a hot pad to go with the beige speckled dish cloths I had completed one more hot pad to go in this set.
Then to figure out where these go after I bag em up. :mrgreen:
-----
On line sermon today was a two hours thing I fast forwarded through the first parts of that.
had lunch
Walked ddoggo.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:58 pm

lol I first thought it said "See ya" day Sunday lol

I got stuck on the computer watching roots and refuge and one from England and realized that watching someone else work is Not actually working! :D
I love the idea of visualizing and acting on my Sunday instead of watching someone else's Sunday adventures. Thank you d lady for starting us!

praying your dh feels better d lady!

I will say your hourly plan has been great for me as I also built in a reward system for me as well as the dogs.

hi d Nancy as well
being productive in dreams - I think that's great - it makes one feel accomplished before even getting up!
good for you on putting your foot down back them to keep what was important to your d son.
yay on self care done!

my plan for the week:
zones and repairs are written down on paper.
zones for me: laundry room and bathrooms

todays hope: pay bills
dailies
read something fun
make soup
make carrot muffins
clean the fridge - I missed it in zone 1
bible study.
5 minute shuffle has been working well for me - the little jobs seem to build up. I also don't stop at 5 minutes if the job needs more time. (depending on what it is).
plan week on calendar - spread weeklies through the week 8-) I am thinking of it like a dance - not chores.
one hour of fun reading.

I have decided to put away my cookbooks so that I can focus on basic and healthy eating without going down a rabbit hole of creative cooking. One creative cooking meal will be just fine for the week.

put music on as video's are hard on my ADHD.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:42 pm

I wasn't up until eleven. I think I was exhausted from people last night and "in a mood" because of dh's fire pit obsession. He built a fire before two couples got here and we had cocktails around the firepit. I took the tray of cheese, crackers, etc. out but no one ate much - hard to get up and down and it was dark by then. So they had to interrupt to come in for dinner and then after we were too full for dessert so back outside (and cold by then) and dh brought dessert out later. It interrupted the flow of the evening for me. And the smoke was in my face all night and I smell smokey this a.m. and I just feel put out.

He's gone for a massage right now so the house is quiet, except for dMillie barking!

The second funeral for tomorrow was announced at 11 a.m. graveside so I was right to cancel morning activities.

I need to finish kitchen clean up from last night (dh did do a lot of it, and started dishwasher last night and emptied this a.m.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:01 pm

5 minute shuffle #1 done.
my spring recall work has started for the dogs (in the front).

hi d twins!!!
Are you sure your dh and my dh aren't brothers?

I am glad you slept in!
I am so sorry that another loss has happened at your temple! Thinking of the family!
well done on having the Kitchen done before bed!

next
read something fun or do something fun. done :D
ate lunch :D

it is supposed to be 40 degrees today so I am hoping to work on the patio and then in the garage for 2 hours.

trimmed the hydrangea standards :D
cleaned out a couple pots that I missed in fall :D
Brought out recycling :D
picked up garden waste. :D
Sun is starting to wain causing it to start getting chilly. I can see I will have to get out from noon to 2:30 to get the warming benefits of the day.
Fridge is cleaned :D I will wash the top of the fridge during the week.
dogs are eating dinner now. :D cat is eating :D
I did some other work and I am getting tired.

what needs doing: fold my white laundry and put it away

I want to work on kennel with the dogs. (staying on their beds) for about 10 minutes
then play with them.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:23 pm

Well, it hasn’t been a PERFECT Sunday, but if has been okay. Dh and I had some words, mostly because of a misunderstanding in communication. I swear, sometimes it’s like we speak totally different languages.
We’ve had both dgrands all day, but they have been extra good.

Got a text from the bank, saying our account was frozen for some security reason??? Must deal with that tomorrow.
And I have to do school drop off in the morning.

Still to do —
— bath time for them and bedtime
— wash dishes left in sink, pupa, sweep floor
— allergy shots
— set up planner for the week
— do a load of laundry

(((Hugs))) Twins, thinking of you and dh as you face another loss.

Watching someone else work doesn’t get our work done, blessed? LOL! I sure wish it did!

Nancy, I think Dgd is glad she’s signed up now — Ddil found out that at least one of the girls from last year’s team is on this team, and the daughter of another friend of ddil, so it’s not so much an unknown anymore.
Dgd is all about out-doing dgs in everything, so I know she would be upset if he played and she didn’t.
But I do understand about your in-laws going behind your back! That’s just not good at all. We always make sure ds and ddil are on board before we do something like this.

LadyM— I hope ds feels better soon and no one else gets it!

There’s Harriet! Hope you’re feeling better!!! (((Gentle hugs)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:42 pm

Hi.
I feel antsy about having finished the prescription yesterday. I hope it was a long enough course and I will continue to improve. Still needing the over-the-counter pain pills, which is something I usually go for months without considering. I'm glad the heavy-duty pill is here but I am also glad I've avoided it. The pain patch never arrived, so somehow the pharmacy dropped that ball. I couldn't figure out how that was going to work, anyway, since the skin is so involved.

Trying to get back to steadier housework. I vacuumed some yesterday.

I set the LR up with card table and straight chairs for the couple to do wedding stuff on a helpful surface together in a quiet room, but they didn't get to it this weekend. Yet more house shopping took their weekend. I'm glad I did it, though. I put felt floor-protector circles on the bottoms of the table and chairs. This is my mother's old wooden card table from her bridge days. A leather cover/top, although it is pulled away at one edge. And a toddler-era attempt of mine at scratching my name in the leather. I must have gotten in so much trouble, but I don't remember it.

We made a grocery order today. I let HRH and dd do too much on that by themselves and we have 2 and 3 quantity, or large sizes of things we didn't need and hardly have room to store. This is becoming a habit for HRH that really needs to stop. We don't have a house that can store that much. No real pantry. Dd43 called with the mini-complaint that HRH got the recyclable and trash cans mixed up and she had to redo what he did. This is his eyesight - I am usually there working, too. (difference between dark green and dark blue)

So, anyway, lots of signs that I need to get well.
You're welcome, lucylee, but I bet credit goes to someone else as I am not doing much.
I join several of you in having a plan for the week but tentative.

Return to “Post When You Can”