Make Monday Your Own PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Make Monday Your Own PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:54 pm

Checking in...

Wow Twins, that is a big funeral if you had to park your car a half mile away.

Got this morning, went to my class, came home and finished my morning routines. It was teaming rain earlier, but the rain has stopped and now it is just cold for this area...high will only be 68* but you know me, I'll take it. It suppose to be even colder tomorrow.

Been working on my DAR application. My great grand fathers death certificate came, but his son, my grand father provided the name for my great grand fathers name and it was wrong. I've spent most of the morning talking to the vital statistic people first in NJ and found I needed my great, great grandfathers birth certificate to correct the problem, but found out the records for that don't go far enough for it. Then I realized my great grandfather wasn't born in NJ, but PA. Took me a while to figure out where to go for birth certificates that I needed only to find out their records don't go that far back unless I want to pay a $100 search fee with no guarantee that the record would even be there.

Then I spent more time talking to the gal who is in charge of our trust with several questions. At least she had answers.

I had planned on working in m office filing and putting things that are out away. Not gonna happen as I haven't even had lunch yet and I am just plan tired. Think I'll grab something to eat and read for a bit to chill out.

Tomorrow I need to have some lab work done. Thankfully the lab is very close to home. After that I'll be headed to get the oil changed in my car. There's a coffee place in the same area, so I can grab some coffee to drink while I wait for the car.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:08 pm

RR, I should have said that the parking is street parking on one side of the street mostly. There are lots of small houses and driveways not to be blocked, but each one also had their garbage can out. I could have parked closer had I turned right instead of left because I've learned there's a church parking lot in that direction.

I'm home again, like a ping pong ball. The memorial service was long also. I need to change clothes and walk the ddog soon.

Ds texted dh and he has COVID - first time for him. He has been very very careful but hasn't kept up with the booster shots. Dh is picking up some groceries for him and I'm going to make lasagna for him (probably sauce tomorrow, put it together and deliver on Wednesday.)

Tomorrow is only my 2 p.m. workout, but on Wednesday a.m. at nine I have a haircut, and at 11:30 body work.

RR, can you use a census to prove the parentage? Or other records?

And bw2, I don't care what you've done, you're probably ahead of me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:11 pm

CUOP while sitting in waiting room of state tag agency. DS15 finally made it to the 6 month mark today which means he can get driver permit.. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y

While sitting in the waiting room I decided to to through my wallet and clean it out. It was at that point that I discovered my drivers license and REAL ID expired 4 months ago. :shock: :shock: :shock: Thankfully I was able to get the REAL ID renewed while DS15 got his permit.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:24 pm

hi d rose so good to see you! yay on your morning routines and going to your class! So so good to see you!!!

d twins thank you again for the article

Yay for your d son!!! d lady - thank you for sharing about the real id

d twins I am so sorry your sweet son has covid!!! praying he feels better!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:29 pm

DH just checked and his REAL ID expires next month.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - Check the date on your driver license and/or REAL ID
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:32 pm

After Lunch CI

I got the dresser top prepped and painted it might be dry enough to do another coat now.
Did the 2 nd coat. Did a touch up on the side table too. So that color [black] of projects is nearly done now yea!
Walked dgoggo while those dried.

I mixed up bread dough and it is proofing in the dutch oven now.
I cleaned up after that and did a counter spiff in that area & it looks better that was needed.

This morning I knitted a bit & did some crochet & pray too.
Soup is containerized as well. May have mentioned this already.

Did not even think about laundry oh well...we did finally get a bit of rain this afternoon.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:40 pm

hi d Nancy! yay on painting your dresser, side table, yay
saying prayers while crafting - a blessing!
yay on soup prep and put away

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:50 pm

I am done - finished - and don't want to do anything else.
I hope you all have a lovely evening!

dd younger's depression is kicking in - she came home yesterday and found mom tipsy :shock: - Mom said she drank 2 juice drinks and dd said they were alcoholic spritzers that they had for company. I told dd to toss it as mom doesn't know anymore what things are. dd ended up staying up with her until 12:30 am as she didn't want her to take her meds at night until she was sure she was ok.

Mom also opened her mail and took here check. It's time for mom to come home again IMHO

The good news - the elevator started working just a little bit ago - almost a month with out an elevator. dd younger thinks mom's dementia has gotten worse since she has not been able to get out of the house. Dd's hope is to get her out tomorrow

Keeping fingers crossed that the elevator continues working!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:56 pm

I’m so glad the elevator is working, blessed!
And congrats to LadyM’s ds!

Just checking in…
I had a good morning — 2 loads of laundry done and cleaned 2 baths.
Now helping DH with towels… y’all know how this goes.

I feel horrible. Achy, sore throat, headache, cold…
Dgs had this Saturday. I’m going to take a nap.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:30 am

Hugs to all who need them.

lucylee, hope you feel better soon.

blessed, how discouraging for your dd to discover something dangerous and bewildering like that. Thankfully, it wears off, but, yes, meds require a lot of thought in that situation. Glad to hear about the elevator.

Hoping Twins' son gets well soon.

Today was a sewing day for me. A little gardening. Just a pain pill now to go to bed - none in the last 24 hours, so less is needed. I do have an unrelated appt Thurs and hope I can manage that without much difficulty. Then a funeral Saturday that would be meaningful to attend, but we'll see.

I did make a dreaded phone call and was truly prepared for it to take time and drive me crazy, but I haven't even gotten a call back. Sigh. So, it just continues into tomorrow as a DPC rather than being out of the way.

Tomorrow is trash and recycling day.
I have the next step in sewing all set up and ready beside the machine.

Return to “Post When You Can”