Make Monday Your Own PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Make Monday Your Own PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:08 am

It's Monday, a new week, new month. Make your day whatever it is YOU need today. Some extra rest? Got it! A to do list with accomplishments to boot! Got it! It's all your own. And when the inevitable interruptions occur, you are the one that controls that positive, take it in stride, reaction.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Make Monday Your Own PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:37 am

Today is a broken up day, in and out of the house with two funerals. The morning one is a friend - beloved in the Jewish community - we were close a very long time ago when he was an officer of the temple when dh was prez. He was also a CPA - certified around the same time so we occasionally talked "shop." The second is a memorial service for the father of a dneighbor that we spend time with.

This is a busier week. I rescheduled my hair appointment and body work appointment to Wednesday so that day is now broken up, in and our of house, too.

Weather is nice today, mid fifties and sunny at 11 at graveside, going to a high of sixty. We'll grill chicken tonight since we won't mind going outside to the grill. Butternut squash and/or a green veggie with it.

I'm going to get in the shower before ddog starts with me about her walk. I'll want to fluff my hair this a.m. too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:47 am

Twins - Thank you for the start today. I'm sorry for the loss of your friends and the grief that comes with that.

I'm playing the number game today.
PODA numbers =
** 5 out of the driveway trips
8:30
9:00
10:30
12:30
3:30
** 14 hourly goals
** 107 cards
Quote that I recently read and now pondering = Wanting well, like thinking clearly, is not an ability we’re born with. It’s a freedom we have to earn.

I experimented with adding some curry powder in the veg/meat soup I made today. Oh MY. Note to self .....a little bit of curry powder goes a long way.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:58 am

d harriet - hope it all works out with the meds - I know you are apprehensive and I pray it will be okay for you!

d Lucy hello

d twins thank you for starting us!~
praying for the families! I am sorry for the loss of your d friend and your d neighbors family! Again I am sorry!

fluffing your hair - stand in front of a nice size fan - play some romantic music - turn on fan - think model pose - end result fluffy hair and a great picture.
8-) :D 8-)

hi d lady
yes a bit of curry goes a long way - I was shocked by that too! I used to have someone who shared their wife's Indian cooking and it was so good. When I tried making it - it was way too much curry.
cheering you on through your cards.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:11 pm

dogs woke me up before the alarm yay!

I feel like I might be getting a cold and I am tired and moving slowly. I needed some time alone and put the dogs in the front part of the house with dh
thank goodness for the French doors - the dogs can see me but I can enjoy the quiet. I needed the peace!

I need to put the humidifier as everything I touch is electrifying 8-)

My hope
call vet for appointment :D I have appointments for my cat 2-9, one dog 2-16, another dog 2-23
exercise
dogs training and exercise
if the weather gets warmer then I will work outside
order some veggies - I don't have the heart to go to the store :D
walk
laundry room and kitchen work - weekly work and laundry zone work

5 minute shuffle. if I am lucky I will do 2 - 3 shuffles today. I am enjoying this as my ADHD has been flaring up.

anti ADHD strategy:
Keep you tube/tv off
exercise
go outside
-------------------
I finally feel awake - I don't know why it was a problem this morning but I am grateful that I suddenly feel better.
10:54 am - I am not even going to focus on the time as it will shut me down. (We don't have to be perfect we just have to be consistent - Kat)
-----------------------
11:52 dishes in dw and on . :D
listened to roots and refuge podcast from January 17th homemaking. :D
5 minutes in different areas but not finished with the room by room
flip flop laundry - it was so nice to have the laundry completely done so that dh could do his laundry. :D
dailies in kitchen and laundry room, :D
set up meds for the week :D
-----------------------
Now some time for me. :D
put new cover padding and new sheets on bed - put away the blankets that are clean but are not needed :D
washing one blanket right now
dh did his laundry and is putting it away. :D
----------------------------

Next right thing:
pull Monday cards
continue 5 minute room by room - I am becoming my own personal Roomba 8-)
-------------------------
1:55 feeling cranky bc I spent money today
I also haven't played with dogs or trained them - I have them bones and let them outside - I need to be a proactive owner
did a monthly job that I hadn't done since September :D 8-) - did a fix it on door as well :D
-I gave a really good clean to the outside door and inside door to the outside - full of muck and is now clean - well as clean as an old metal door can get. but it's done (including the window). :D
washed wall above stove with a cleaner wand that dd younger had bought me.

--------------------------
2:52 checkin
time for me.
Next: set timer - see how long it takes to
-cleaned the vent in laundry room :D
vacuumed between laundry machines :D
sink is clean :D
hang up my laundry put away :D
put clean dog blankets on their bed. :D
vacuum first floor :D
wash first floor surface only the kitchen and laundry room :D -
----------------------------
5:35 pm
I know I did stuff but nothing exciting that made a difference - plus it must not have been important bc I already forgot what I did 8-)
washed rags/etc. :D
I ate too much for dinner
emptied sink and put dishes in dw :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:51 pm

CI no 5 am truck going by for my alarm today slept till 7:00 :shock: :mrgreen: I slept great!
:idea: Did dishes I left them for today to have a rest on Sunday.
Did some qt stuff & journaling Planning.
Called on Refills.
Started some chicken soup part of my defrost the freezer plan & to use veg. I thawed.

Next up :
s2s & wash hair -> phone call inturupted
call to make x
Consder D's to do.
Kit. counter spiff X
Feb. Healthy habit; Do exercise get off floor 4 times X
Cook soup X
Sand dresser top x
------
Next round
Load stuff to be delivered.

Thanks for the great theme to start us off with Twins.
Blessed glad you are feeling better.
Waving to all.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:00 pm

hi d Nancy!!! Thank you!
what a good idea to make chicken soup from freezer items!
hope you have a great day!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:01 pm

I've done the big three of a.m. routine: walked the dog, s2s-ed, and ate breakfast. It will take less than 15 min to get to cemetery so I have a few minutes here.

I wanted to share a recent article: Why February is the best month for resolutions https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/01/well ... =url-share

Well, didn't get this posted before I left for funeral. Now I'm back, having a sandwich, and will head out again soon. Huge funeral, I bet I parked 1/2 mile away. Someone gave me a ride part of the way.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:34 pm

thank you d twins for the article
how nice that someone gave you a ride.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:36 pm

today I am not accomplishing a lot but I am being consistent. rather frustrating but I will continue to be persistent.

Picking up on the 5 minute rounds even though I don't want to.

Return to “Post When You Can”