Ta Da Tuesday! Count 'em up!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Ta Da Tuesday! Count 'em up!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:33 am

Count up those ta das today and let's hear about them, loud and clear!

Celebrate your successes!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Ta Da Tuesday! Count 'em up!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:04 am

My first ta da was having the garbage out last night - of course, they haven't been showing up at 8 a.m. lately either. But that's one thing done. I was up at 7:30, another accomplishment, and have done parts of a.m. routine yet. Dh just came back through after his workout and is in the shower.

I only have my workout today, but need a grocery trip and will make lasagna sauce. Right now I'm heading out to walk the ddog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:21 am

My first day in Driving Miss Daisy mode with DS15.5 driving on state roads. I'm usually the driver 99% of the time but now I'm in the back seat and just discovered there is time to do all kinda of things. We are on our way to gym so only 10 miles but it feels luxurious to sit in a different place and perspective
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:43 am

d harriet - glad you are finding you need less pain meds! Can't wait until you no longer need anything and that the shingles completely disappear!
happy sewing!!!

hi d twins thank you for starting us!
yay on getting the trash out before bed! yay on getting up at 7:30 as well!
enjoy your walk

hi d lady - lol on being able to do things while being in the car! Did your d son enjoy driving you all?
enjoy being Ms. Daisy!!!

hello dear everyone!!!! May you have a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:55 am

good morning to you all!
I have no idea why I struggled with getting to sleep last night -

what I would like to do today: My hope

dailies
5 minute round robin (this has been helping me a lot especially with my ADHD moments - I can do 5 minutes when my ADHD level is taking me off track.
weekly work in kitchen: clean table well
clean the top of the fridge
remove drawer on oven and vacuum and clean underneath.
weekly: bathroom work - No more than 15 minutes - include dusting and rinsing wood trim on floor and doors

work outside hope:
fill bird seed (including the way back) there is only a bit of snow left.
clean under the bird feed
put away dog toys
put away other things.
Outside: pick a card, any card.

I decided to take some time to myself - away from dogs- for 20 minutes. It was really nice to be a lump on a log. Done :D

dh is happy but has been sitting a lot. His breathing is better.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:28 pm

bw2, glad your dh's breathing is better.

Two more ta das: bought groceries for lasagna and gassed the car.

Next I need to put away groceries that I'm not using, fold a load of laundry and reboot, and start the sauce. I'm also running the roomba, although I skipped the bedroom because there's more to move there. I put the next load of dirty clothes on the bed to get them out of the way and the dog is sleeping on them so sweetly. :lol:

So far since the mail ran yesterday I've received two HOA checks. That leaves eight, I think.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:35 pm

Good Morning ladies;
Got good sleep the last part of the nite after I got up and took a baby asprin my shoulder was hurting from sleeping on it wrong I guess.
It is fine now.
QT & journaling working on this & bujo.

Cleaned sinks first thing. x
Dump trash x
Take trash to curb. x
bfast. x

Next
s2s

Waving wtg on all your successes!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:40 pm

Thanks, blessed. I have been puzzling over it and posted in A, C and N thread about some funny problem solving. Perhaps my brain is growing from the eye-crossing!

Also remembering how Sunny and Harmony like chatting about the puzzles of sewing. (Well, Harmony would make no bones about it - patchwork will make you pull your hair out! lol.) Would love to hear from them.

Glad to hear that blessed's dh is better.

Smiling to think of Miss LadyM puttering down the road at her leisure, solving the world's problems, I'm sure.

I may still yield to HRH for muscle on our trash and recyclables today, although dd43 and family question whether his eyes let him discern the nearly-same colors of the cans without me. It will be sunny, so maybe I'll just accompany and supervise.

His retirement came upon us gradually - we never quite know what to say about a date of his retirement since he was consulting for the last long while, but he is definitely retired now. He always says to friends that we are an unusual couple - we spend so much time together yet neither of us plotting the other's demise, lol. But who would have thought that of all the things on which we'd have become a team, it would be trash and recycling that others notice.

Actually, we don't team up on much, usually surprised at what projects the other finds interesting. Maybe that's best!

The DPC is still out there unanswered and bugging me.

Need to plan more than usual so that I will be ready for appt Thurs. Will be first time I've really gone out in weeks. It was suggested to me to postpone but I can't postpone everything. Time to get back to meeting deadlines. The funeral Saturday would be difficult but as dd25 says if we don't go we'll be sorry later - quite right.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:58 pm

LOL, I'm reviewing the obstacles that the Roomba found, and one is a photo of a dog behind walking through the camera range!

Sauce is simmering away but I'm afraid to get very far away because it needs to be stirred, and I'm so very ADD these days. I'll need to leave to work out in a little less than an hour.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:59 pm

d harriet! so happy your dh and you are beginning your retirement journey - have fun!!! lol - I loved that - not planning each others demise - that made me smile - too funny!

Hi d Nancy hope your shoulder feels better!
yay on your work

yay d twins on your groceries and gassing up the car!
Happy cooking!!!

hello all.

Return to “Post When You Can”