Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:36 pm

Gym/exercise time is done.
Home school is done.
Spaghetti & meatsauce is now ready to eat.

I'm taking a break before starting my afternoon plans.

I remembered to charge my phone for the 2nd time today. I normally charge it once a day (while sleeping) but have discovered it is always low on battery when i take DD12 to her counselor appt. I do sit in the waiting room playing on my phone for an hour while DD12 meets with the counselor. I don't like driving in the city and interstate at night with a cell phone battery that is about to die. I do have a charger in the vehicle and a portable charger, but it seems simpler to just charge before leaving and then not have to think about it.

Three more items considered and decisions made.
** Small dog crate. We never close the door on this crate so why have it? Micro legs are only about 2" tall so he is challenged to get over the entrance to the crate. I removed his bed from the crate and now he can get into his bed without a struggle. I am not ready to give the little crate away but have removed it from our living space and relocated it to the garage in a high storage area.
** Ice tea maker. We have a system to make our daily tea that we love. We haven't used this appliance for years. Why do we even have it? This was an easy decision to make
** Microwave food cover. We never use it. If we need to cover food in the microwave, I wouldn't use plastic. Why do we even have it? Another easy decision to make

quote I recently read and pondering -
"The more things you have, the more things you have to manage.
Simplicity isn't merely cheaper, it's easier."
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:51 pm

I always start the garden season, (even though it's only February), with a lot of sounds, grunts, phews etc. without realize I am doing it :lol:
UGH, GROAN! just for standing up and once I am up then I let out a PHEW! or a WOW - I did it! :lol:

trimmed some more hydrangeas, started to cut down the lavender.
put away being done as well.
We have a very gray sky now and. Tut tut - it looks like rain!
played with the dogs again
went to the bank to get cash for tomorrow
paid cc

I will stop outside work
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:54 pm

yay on exercise and home school being done d lady
oh your d dog sounds like a little one!
yay on seeing that you don't need some things.

I like that quote!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:59 pm

LadyM, James Clear quote? I get that email too! BTW, I have my phone charging almost anytime I'm in the car as a habit. I also charge in the evening.

bw2, so glad you're getting started in the garden so early. You'll have to build back up to your work level. IKWYM about getting up from the ground, now that the trainer knows I can do she has me on a mat for core work so I have extra practice. :lol:

My energy has been so good while we've had good weather this week. We have rain coming in tomorrow, OTOH I don't have anything on my calendar for tomorrow. And we have social obligations both Saturday and Sunday so I am going to try to hold firm on not adding a social event tomorrow.

My workout was outstanding. I felt strong and did good cardio work too.

I haven't heard from dh - he said he thought he would come home after root canal which was at two. I'm hoping we won't be going out to dinner tonight - I don't think he will feel up to it but he hates to appear week or ill. I knew his mouth was hurting when he cancelled his workout this a.m. and was seeing the dentist - two days ago he told me he didn't have time to see him.

I am going to push off the paper taming for tomorrow. I need to walk the ddog, then I'm going to try for some time upstairs at the stamping desk.

edit: no time for upstairs. I walked ddog and then picked up poop in back yard since we have rain forecast for tomorrow. And dh says he's fine to go out for dinner, although at 4 they were still working on the temporary crown. :?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:47 pm

Change of plans for me today.
Feeling puny & a tummy issue so decided self care needed to be moved to the next up option.
Got pants on before 2:00 and walked around the back yard with ddoggo after lunch cleaned up after her.
Came back inside and here we are.
Cool rainy cloudy and fuzzy blanket might need me for nap time. LOL! :mrgreen:
Blessed w2 I did not get all the tulips in last fall that I wanted to b/c I could not find the kind I wanted in stock.
I put in 20 bulbs I try to do two packs but wanted the fancy parrot ones none were to be found in the colors I wanted.
Got my steps in used my stat bike today.
Did the dishes after dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:33 pm

Hi!

Dh and I ended up having home made cheeseburgers and I baked some potatoes for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:41 pm

d twins I laughed when you wrote that she (your trainer) puts you on the mat to do extra practice!

glad you had a great work out d twins!

I am sorry you aren't feeling well d Nancy!
I hope you took a nice nap with a cozy and fuzzy blanket
I love the fancy parrot bulbs - I accidentally got one last year and had planted it. It was beautiful when it bloomed!
yay on your work out as well.

hello and have a good evening everyone!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:39 pm

I survived the first time for DS15.5 driving in the city. And doing it at night. AND driving 80mph on the interstate at night.
My stress meter was pegging out a few times, but I remained calm.
I feel like wet noodles after going through that experience. It is time to relax and stop for the day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:54 pm

Boy… you deserve some rest now, LadyM!

I have rested, almost all day long, but did go to dgd’s ballgame tonight. Tomorrow we’ll split up and ddil and I will go to her game; ds and dh will go to dgs’ game.

Boy… I know which side of Kathryn’s family my house would be on. Sooo sooo many repairs are needed here and dh says we can’t afford it right now, and his stress level certainly can’t take it right now. I don’t really see a solution to this right now.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”