Focused Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Focused Friday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:20 pm

I just came back from the vet - shots and blood test equaled $430.00 :shock:
I had $400 in cash for this thinking it would top off at $300 at best but it ended up with $30 something on my cc.

oh well - so much for my no spend February :D 8-)

hi d rose: you folded 3 loads of coffee? Just kidding - I know what you meant. I am just a bit silly today - couldn't help it.
I hope you have a nice time tonight with your valentines dinner. Sorry that your friends are sick.

hi d Nancy yay on getting your steps in.

oh d twins -I am so sorry his dentist is closed today but glad he called them !!! I hope the antibiotics kick in fast so he isn't so miserable!
praying he feels better fast!

well done on the planned dishes being done! how nice that your dh is seeing the value of the cards.
It will be interesting to hear the interview even though I get frustrated sometimes by these type of interviews.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:47 pm

I am struggling with moving forward today - part of me wants to work and the other sides wants to sit on my Aunt Franny. :shock:
I think I will do something nice for myself and then do an hour on the timer.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:15 pm

One of DH weekly cards is to haul STUFF to the dumpster. Our town has a huge dumpster they open to the public on Friday 2-5pm. I told the family to be ready to work 10 minutes as a team cleaning up the biggest of the 3 back yards. It is crazy how things accumulate and become part of the landscape. We filled the back of a pickup bed with STUFF that is no longer used and will not be missed. DH will haul it to dumpster this afternoon.

Another card for DH is getting his driver's license renewed that expires next month.
Another card for DH is getting tag for one of the pickups that expired last month.
I keep finding things that fall through the cracks and making cards for them to hopefully get them done on time next time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:08 pm

I have done my "home work" last page is in pencil. Texting is efficient.
I cooked up veg. & had some clean out the fridge type foods for my lunch to change it up a bit.
Listened to two podcasts.
Finished knitting a dishcloth and the completed a set and got those items bagged up yea!
-----
I walked the grid in the back yard for steps and picking after the dog.
Finished up my exercise on the stat bike.
Got the vacuuming done upstairs yea!
Swiffered the bathrooms too.
Dson picked up his clamps I borrowed so I do not have to take those over.
sweep & mop might done.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:22 pm

Just heard my 50ish year old neighbor has about 2 weeks to a month to live. It just doesn't seem possible. Her boys have come back from school to be with her. Praying for her, her dh, and her sweet boys.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:28 pm

dh and I took the dogs for a short drive - they were so happy to get out of the house.
spoke to my one neighbor for an hour
cut up some branches

It's 55 degrees here but the wind is giving me a chill! I am probably cold bc I'm wearing shorts w a sweat shirt - I was a little optimistic.

yay on your "home work" I love that!

well done to your dh! I love the cards bc they are my mental ticklers of things that I unintentionally forget!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:27 pm

I took a nap with dh and ddog. He is napping some although he feels terrible. Already said he may not be able to go to Torah study or to bowl tomorrow afternoon (they're bowling the Sunday night session tomorrow afternoon.) We're supposed to go to a social occasion so it will suite me fine if we don't go, although I hate to see him feel so bad for so long. He's had 100-101 temp most the day.

I suggested he get up and move around some.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:10 pm

((Twins' Dad))
so sorry to hear there's pain and temperature, too. Hopeful that this can be attended soon.

Hope you can dodge the respiratory stuff going around, Ramblin'.

lucylee, how are you feeling? Any better yet?

I visited my colorist today, in anticipation of a busy weekend. The young man will get here early tomorrow, work on wedding stuff, then he and dd will take me to very social funeral with a meal either on the way or back. Then they'll be doing wedding correspondence here through the evening hours.

More sewing has been happening, slow and steady - maybe painstaking, lol.

I tried a new recipe this evening, but no one likes it but me. That is so common. Tri-pasta (with spinach and tomato in the pasta itself), with broccoli tossed in for the last few minutes of boiling, drained, then cheese melted into it with fire roasted tomatoes. I thought it was good, but this family is way too suspicious for it, lol. HRH took the rest of the broccoli and made a Thai soup with it, so he was happy anyway.

Finally, the DPC call was returned, but not without misunderstanding on the part of the return caller. I hate having to do other people's jobs for them.

HRH's friend S called today and he says another friend he knows, a lady, has spent almost a year with a bout of shingles! Good heavens. I don't know if this is somehow different, maybe going back into it... .. anyway, I don't want any part of that!

My pain is much better, just in time for another backache. Perhaps from tensely bending over the sewing project? Took a pain pill for that today but I hope it's very temporary. I will ride in the back seat of dd's car tomorrow and not have to have such a difficulty getting in and out of her low front seats, they tell me. Oh, how I want to get stronger again but I have to learn to dodge all these things that knock me back down! It's getting old.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:17 pm

Blessed, I’m so sorry about your neighbor!
And sending get well soon wishes to Mr Twins, also!

Harriet, I still have a sore throat but it’s not as severe, and other than feeling like I could sleep about 20 hours a day, I am definitely better.
Sorry your back has flared up again.

Our day started with Dh requesting me to take him to urgent care. As he suspected, he has a UTI. His temperature was 103 when he got up there. They gave him a shot and RX antibiotic.
Also found out they would not prescribe Zoloft for nausea — apparently it interacts badly with heart meds?
Oops — he’s been taking it on these nights when his anxiety has been severe and he couldn’t sleep. Says he’s not going to stop taking it, either. (Not every night, he only takes it occasionally.)
\o/

GOOD NEWS!!!
Dgs scored his first points EVER in a basketball game!!!
He got a steal, tried to shoot, and got fouled. Made one of those two shots.
Then the other team got a technical and our coach picked dgs to shoot!
Dh and ds said all our fans were cheering for him so loud.
We lost, by a LOT, to the team that will probably win the finals, but I am so happy for dgs.

And I missed it, because ddil and I went to dgd’s game. They lost also, so our basketball season is over.
I’ve gotta say, I’m not sad that we don’t have an early wake-up alarm tomorrow. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:23 am

Dson learned I have decided not to go to dgd's wedding, it is out of town not far but far enough.
I just said I do not travel well & thought of my dog and his may need taken care of.
He had thought of someone else for his dogs. Any way glad that conversation is over.

I washed up a few dishes.
Did my healthy habit exercise now that dog likes that play time and thinks I can plank with her on my back now too!

Got quite a bit more knitting this evening glad for that progress.
I still need to wash my sheets so I am moving that task to tomorrow.

I hope you all sleep well and have a great weekend.
LucyL. dd was ecstatic when she realized that bb cheer season was nearly over for dgd a couple weeks back.

I'm watching an old movie.

Return to “Post When You Can”