Focused Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Focused Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:13 am

Don't lose your focus because it's Friday and end of the week! Let's finish with focus and a flourish!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Focused Friday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:51 am

thank you for starting us d twins!!!

I am shocked that it is Friday already! How did that happen?

It's a new day and time to focus!

today:
11:00 I have an appointment for our cat.
I am not looking forward to getting her into a carrier

timer on again
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:21 am

Slept great last night yea!
Woke up to rain yea it is not snow!
Got most of my dp done & the next page of my homework done.
I did my writing stuff yesterday.
Today some home keeping tasks are on deck for me.
Found my Valentines mugs glad I did and I'm using them this week I have two and can alternate
I got them after lh passed fun finds on my art dates during the shut down.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:43 am

It's Friday and I have nothing on the calendar! So I'm tempted to go upstairs and play all day. I'm not even planning to cook dinner at this point. Dh had another bad night I think, and took Ibuprofen in the night and the strong meds at 6:30 a.m. He said that dentist did the root canal on the upper tooth that he could see oozing pus, not the tooth pressing on it that dh thought was feeling. So he may need another root canal - the antibiotics will help both.

Just talked to him and he's feeling rough. He sounds like dd when she is feeling defeated.

And not he's home. I think my focus just flew out the window.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:40 pm

Good morning

I'm not feeling on my top game today. I woke up during the night and was awake for a while before going back to sleep. I did get 9 hours sleep last night because I was able to sleep in this morning. Now I am playing catch up with the cards I normally do during those 2 early morning hours. Most of those cards have consequences if skipped so they need to be done. I'll be fitting them in here and there today.

We are having a big 40 degree temperature swing. Yesterday it was 72F and sunny. Tomorrow temp high will be 32F and snowing. Next week it is back to more normal weather for here (60F and sunny) so the snow won't last long.

Dishes I'm creating in the kitchen today -
** Veg/meat soup
** fruit salad
** Taco
In addition, I'll be adding these items to the ready to eat items. I do love the smokey flavor from local BBQ place
** 3 lb chicken tenders
** 3 lb country ribs
** 2 lb smoked bologna

Declutter items decisions of today. I have laid these items out to get DH vote also.
** Record player. This was gifted to DH years ago and he has never used it. He claims it doesn't work right. I've used it and it worked just fine. Bottom line is ......it never gets used. Into the donation stack it goes.
** 15 vintage records. Also into the donation stack.
** 2 clip boards of information. The information is being tossed. The clipboards go into give away stack.
** Long wooden side table with a wooden basket at bottom. This study piece of furniture has been part of our home for over 50 years. I'm putting it with some other pieces of furniture that I have in a stack to give away. I'm keeping this stack of furniture for a month or so to make sure it all needs to go out the door. I'm 90% sure.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:48 pm

I am so happy that you slept well d Nancy!
how nice to find your valentine mugs.

hi d twins - Oh I am so sorry your dh is in so much pain! hope the dentist can see him soon! It's hard to feel that feeling of the ones you love. It's rather overwhelming when all you want to do is just support them.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:06 pm

bw2, Dh's dentist is closed today. Although dh has his cell number he believes dentist will say to let antibiotic take effect. His temp was 101+ tho and he went straight to bed. He didn't feel this bad after gall bladder surgery last year.

Edit: he talked to dentist and was told to take more of the same antibiotic today.

So I'm trying to stay close and haven't gone upstairs. I'm going to get my label maker and try to be useful by labeling some files.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:24 pm

I have gotten my steps in this morning for the 1st part of my day.
Got the counter spiffed.
Made the bed.
Sipping my cranberry juice.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:01 pm

Well I didn’t go to class this morning but folded three loads of coffee. Then I went to my coffee gathering.

We have a Valentine dinner at the club house tonight. We had a table for 8 but two of the couples are sick .. there’s a lot of colds and flu going around

I’m getting ready to eat my lunch and then I’ll join Blessed and start focusing on my sunflower garden. I have 6 large containers to work on plus I have some seeds I want to plant in my seed grower
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:03 pm

4 of the 6 planned dishes are done. The other 2 are being prep'd.

DH has requested that I continue to lay out his 3x5" cards each day. Most of them are weekly type task cards. I had stopped doing it when I switched my cards from 3x5 to digital cards. I still use 3x5" cards every day for the kids to do their things. It is MUCH easier to put out the kids cards rather than verbally ask/remind them to do those tasks. The kids know nothing fun happens until their cards are done However, I felt uncomfortable putting cards out for DH as if I was telling him what to do like I do the kids. IYKWIM. After taking a pause from laying out DH cards he sees the value of using cards as reminders of things that he wants to make sure happen on a regular schedule (weekly/monthly/etc). So now that the value of DH 3x5" cards has been aknowledged (and requested). It is my gift to DH that I lay out his cards each day. It is a mentorship to the kids that I lay out their cards. Same actions but different meaning.

I'm listening to the 2 hr Putin interview. It will probably take me a couple days to get through it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”