Happy lunar New Year - Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Happy lunar New Year - Saturday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:42 pm

After Lunch CI ~ Had bfast for lunch today.
I have the 2nd coat on the top of a side table I am painting.
Started another hot pad not done with the other one but wanted the first bit going when I finish it.
Dug out some vol. pesky bulbs I dis like in the lawn got most of em out.
A few more for later to get.
Waiting while I charge my phone.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:37 pm

Important info for husbands: if the wife says she's about to break down and cry, or if she mentions she might run away when she goes to the grocery, it's not the time to ask for things. I am at the end of my rope. The ddog is harassing me too.

I've never gotten upstairs, and I have soup to continue with right now. I'm glad dh will have chicken noodle soup. I'm glad he is feeling better I just need to carve out some "me" time somewhere tomorrow for sure.

Step by step.
-cut up onion, carrots, and celery for soup
-take chicken thighs out of broth and shred
-drain broth to take out big chunks of onion and whole garlic cloves
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:21 pm

Twins joining you in the soup making process. I had veg. chopped and frozen ready to use in the freezer.
Chicken to de-bone so I did that put half of the meat in, froze the rest.
Dutch oven is now cooking up soup my dinner.
I have home baked bread from earlier to have with it.

On our walk had a bit of excitement a guy up the road and on the corner just came home went in their house windows down in the truck
and one dog bailed out the truck window, lead attached the dog was dangling doomed to die unless help came I started yelling, no one came so I
went up to the dog and grabbed the collar, a pug dog, uncliped it kept yelling and the dog caught it's breath. My dog stood close for comfort and
the guy came out and wondered how it got off. I said I un did it. He said thanks & we left. I gave my dog extra treats. Perfect timing today.

My heart was still pounding for a while so I started the soup I guess that is relaxing.
I have calming meditative music on now.

The soup I did last time was better than this batch diff. veg. in it and diff. seasonings lemon pepper chicken interesting.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:00 pm

Nancy - WOW! Good thing you were in the right place at the right time to save that dog life.

(((Twins))) Can your ddog be sent to doggy day care for a few hours? Kudos on making homemade chicken soup while your DH is sick.

I'm intentionally slowing down for weekly Sabbath.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:48 pm

My soup is done. This recipe has one cooking the chicken in broth with onions, garlic and parsley until it's just done. Then the chicken gets taken out shredded, the broth gets strained to take out onion chunks etc., then the carrots, celery and onion are browned in the dutch oven, the broth and chicken then added back, noodles added to cook and frozen peas near the end.

I'm really tired today. Dh's temp is back up to 101+.

LadyM, dMillie doesn't go to doggie day care because she is reactive with other dogs.

Dh and I are getting snippy with each other. He is feeling better.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”