Happy lunar New Year - Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Happy lunar New Year - Saturday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:03 am

It's always a celebration to be here! Happy Lunar New Year/Chinese New Year and/or Happy Saturday!

It's the year of the wood dragon! The dragon brings strength!

I had a sweet neighbor (family) who celebrated Chinese New Years and I always enjoyed being with them as they celebrated this day/weekend. Their one daughter was the Chinatown queen.

In Chicago area have a parade on Sunday. Families give red envelopes with a bit of cash to the young ones - at least my neighbors did.
I would rather go to the dragon boat races in June as it isn't freezing.

" May the Year of the Dragon be filled with an abundance of smiles and laughter".

What ever your day brings may it give you joy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: Happy lunar New Year - Saturday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:51 am

Good morning

Blessed - Thank you for opening the SHE village today.

My day is off to a good start with the first 3 hourly goals and cards accomplished. I don't take good sleep, high energy level, and clear thinking for granted. I am grateful.

I'm planning to make these dishes today -
** Smoothies.
** Pizza

Declutter decisions for today include -
** Salt gun
** Large check register book
** Financial documents from previous church. DH used to do most of the financial tasks for that church. We have a large tub of financial papers from those years. It has been over 3 years since we attended that church so I'm feeling okay with tossing most of them. However, to make sure important documents aren't included among the tossable papers they will need to be gone through one paper at a time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:20 am

Happy Birthday!
Waving to all!
Doggo woke me up wanting out to p. at 4 ish I did not go back to sleep.
I did go back to bed and listened to qt pod cast.
Then got up and did desk stuff journaling etc.
I am feeling like I can congratulate myself on getting the floors done yesterday afternoon!
Star Got my shower before bed yesterday yea!
Feeling better my hormones have settled down.
:mrgreen:
I still need to fill out my bujo page for today.
Had bfast.
It is foggy here not ground fog high fog. 31* /46* F, today's temp range.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:23 am

Hi!

We are having ribs tonight. Chili tomorrow night. We had fish and chips last night. The fish was amazing, the fries were not.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:38 am

My brother came and visited for about an hour! He fixed my drill which only needed a stronger grip to turn the chuck. oh boy, have I gotten weak over the years.

He also made a suggestion on how I can fix my screen door - he would have done it but I wanted to try doing it first.

hi d lady! good morning!
enjoy your decluttering

hi d Nancy waving to you too!
yay on getting those floors done yesterday!
glad you are feeling better!

hi d cathy - your meals always sound delicious!

waving to all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:35 pm

As we head to the visitation today, that info about Chinese New Year is helpful. My late dsisil once traveled to China, so it reminds of a conversation topic in a pinch, especially for the young man, who only met her a couple times. Dd25 is going to be wearing a pendant late dsisil gave her, although it was when there was "one left over" when all the "real" cousins had been given theirs. Lol.

I've cleaned the master bathroom this morning with a swish and swipe, at least. Really hoping the pain pill I took at breakfast catches up with me. I've told the young man to prepare for having to help me out of dd25's low car today!

They are here now, working at her computer on wedding doin's. Perhaps two art students getting married means over-the-top creative. Showed me the supersecret cake-topper they designed, which is definitely meant to keep anyone from taking themselves too seriously. (Nowadays, funny wedding cake toppers are a thing? Really?) Not inappropriate, just impish.

They've told me that I'm going with them next Saturday, too, this time to a tour of their wedding venue with the young man's Mom, the decorator, the planner, and this or that other person - goodness. "Small wedding" morphs easily into a production these days. And we've still got months to stay hyper. :shock: HRH maintains to everyone who asks that "they don't tell me anything" (he requests ignorance).

blessed, how nice to have a brother with whom to work on projects.

bbl

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:44 pm

Thank you bw2 for starting us out today! Another New Year and chance to start over! :lol:

Dh is up today watching TV, not much fever, but very very swollen. Yesterday he only wanted to try to sleep so I know he's better. He's not bowling until tomorrow afternoon - they're doing the Sunday night session at three tomorrow. I thought yesterday it was today when he mentioned it. We're supposed to go to a Jewish fundraiser tonight - don't know if he'll feel like it - I'm secretly hoping he doesn't want to go. Not that I want him to feel bad but I never enjoy these social occasions. Too much standing, music too loud to talk to anyone, food is mediocre. And we have another social occasion tomorrow night for the Super bowl, but smaller.

I slept poorly last night. He was still hurting and tossing and turning until past 12:30, when the dog wanted out. And ddog was crowding me. I slept in until nine. I must have turned my wrist wrong while sleeping too, wrist and hand are aching.

I think I can get some upstairs time today.

We're cloudy and supposed to have rain. Wish the sun would come back and I'd have some of that energy I had going this week.

Update: dh says the chances of us going tonight are "minimal." Hurray! (whoops, did I say that?)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:49 pm

I am dressed and sheets are in the dryer yea I seem to be ahead of my time slots earlier this week.
Understandably so it took a few days to re-set and regroup after this weeks stuff.
Kitchen looks good also yea for that.
I have happy feet fro the most part except for the toe I skinned last night.
Did some deep stretches and that is helping me to feel better yea.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:53 pm

:D :lol: :D Yes another New Years - another chance to start over - :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will come back to say hi to everyone!
just a quick hi!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:41 pm

I've been to the dentist with dh in case he didn't feel like driving. Dentist "opened the tooth up so it could drain." Dh is terribly swollen but feels better physically today.

I'm going to make chicken soup so will need to stay close while it's cooking. :shock: And I'll need a trip down to the grocery store below us.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”