Rainy Days and Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Rainy Days and Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:03 am

It's a rainy day here, LadyM has snow, I hope someone has great weather somewhere! We've been dreary for several days now. The challenge is not to let it "get me down."

I hope someone is bringing some sunshine to the village today!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Rainy Days and Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:35 am

Dh is back at work today but needs the follow up dental work to finish with the tooth worked on Saturday. The swelling is down.

We had a decent time at the game last night. I think I just wanted time to myself after the long weekend with dh so I didn't feel very social. He felt very social. We came home at the end of the third quarter. He watched the rest of the game, I got in bed reading and was checking updates periodically. So I was late to bed.

A friend last night is a doc and he says my wrist is probably carpal tunnel syndrome. First step is the overnight brace.

I'm just so happy to be alone in the house I may not even do anything at all.

Not knowing what the day brings, I'm not planning dinner for us right now. We still have chicken noodle soup and can make a sandwich, if dh can eat well.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:43 am

It's overcast here and colder than yesterday. We had record breaking temps on Saturday, which was nice. Unfortunately it makes the regular temps for February just seem that much colder. Not a single flake of snow or drop of rain here, which is okay with me.

Leftover chili for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:04 am

We have about 4" of snow on the ground making it appear to be a winter wonderland and also cancel school today. The snow is already melting in the bright sunshine and temps above freezing. Our high temp will be in the mid 50's so I suspect the snow will be gone before sundown. IMHO it was the perfect amount of snow. Here to bring beauty for a few hours and then gone. :)

Twins - Maybe try doing the Phalen’s test? It is a simple test of holding your hands in a certain way. That is how my doctor dignosed my wrist pain wasn't carpal tunnel.

I have a cranky 15 year old. He is grounded today because he didn't do his cards yesterday. His grounding consequence is very light, but it gets his attention. He can go to work but nowhere else. However, he can still have friends over.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:08 am

Thank you for the suggestion LadyM on the wrist!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:06 pm

My daily soup is still a thing. Every single time I make it I wonder when I will get tired of eating it. I don't know the answer to that but I do know it isn't today. Another pot of soup is simmering on the stovetop now. The nutritional targets are all maxed out and it tastes fantastic. I change some ingredients every time I make it so it seems different. I like trying new things so today I added avocadoes and xtreme tortilla strips to the soup. Both of those ingredients give it a different appearance and texture change. Cronometer has been updated and my calories and macros are almost perfect today. I need a good eating day because the rest of this week is going to be an nutritional challenge.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm

d harriet - I too was touched by the young man crying when Reba sang and the topper of the planes flying by just made that song.

d twins - thank you for starting us!!!
we all need down time after a very social time! Even my super social dd younger needs some time by herself; but it is when she needs and not on my schedule :lol:
Enjoy the quiet today!

hi d cathy we get hit with a warm spell every February and yes it DOES make the air feel colder when normal temperatures come back!!! stay warm!

hi d lady Cancel school - do they cancel school with 4" of snow? is it bc of not having enough plows?
so happy you enjoyed the snow!!
what a good balance - I know your ds doesn't know it's good for him - following through is many times harder on the parents than the kiddos - bc of the crankiness that follows. You are a good mom!
your soup sounds wonderful!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:21 pm

It is very sunny here but really cold - I do have a headache so I will take something for it after I check this weeks weather.
I am ready to start.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:29 pm

Good Rainy Morning Ladies; Rain has stopped I woke up around six a good wake up time for me.
QT mostly done & journaling did my bujo page for today last nite.
Glad I cleaned on Sat. less today.
Might paint the other side tables one today to match the other one I just did on Sat. it is a shade liter color & I have the paint.
I like the shade but wish is was a gloss or semi gloss oh well this is a good base coat.

I see snow on the mtns. again to the S.E. of us very pretty.
Not to the North of us.

Glad KC won the game last nite.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:36 pm

Doc doesn't think it's carpal tunnel and the test is kind of inconclusive when I'm just doing it. The pain is along the outside fingers and I'm finding Ulnar wrist pain as a possibility since the pain is on outside of wrist and radiates to pinkie and ring finger.

Ugh. I didn't focus on this while dh was feeling bad but it sure may affect my workouts. So doc doesn't want to see me but wants at PT to look at it. I'm trying to set that up with the people upstairs from my gym. They want referral from him first.

I walked the dog one lap in a misty rain and stopped to see dfriend M for a minute (and let her know there were Fed Ex envelopes on her porch behind her pillows.) Got to see photos of granddaughter. Millie behaved herself with R uby. We have a light rain coming down now and ddog is sleeping on the screened porch.

I need to s2s and finish a.m. routine. I've been busy googling my symptoms. I think I just mentioned to dh this a.m.

Return to “Post When You Can”