Rainy Days and Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Rainy Days and Monday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:59 pm

After Lunch CI .....
A laid back day for me nearly noon and I am still in pj's/
raining outside off and on.
I've had lunch.
I did some rows on knitting on a current multi color stripped project.
I have done some rows on a hot pad and started a stripe on it.
Took out the folding wagon.
Got the trash dumped.
Have my step count up to close to where it should be for noonish.
Success got the other email on this pc to log in now yea!
Walked!
Got another dresser decluttered cleared it off and declawed the papers on it.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:34 pm

Snowmobiles are fun. I never wore a helmet when I drove one. (My dad had one, which we were allowed to use) He'll remember this for many years.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:06 pm

hello again.

I did some weeklies in the laundry room but nothing that shows- pushing it off until next week.
flip flopped laundry
vacuumed and washed the front hall.
No work outside - oh well that's okay. it is cold.
just realized that my headache is finally gone!

tomorrow is bathroom day:
hope to use the scrubber on the bathroom shower tile.
I would like to take the curtains down and wash them and clean the window in the powder room and clean the window in dh's bathroom.
wipe the wood work

I also need a valentines day card for dh and 3 birthday cards for niece and nephews. I want to make 3 valentines day cards out of my dried flowers.
----------------------------------------
I am in a bit of a quandary about my brother wanting to keep mom in Florida. DD younger has decided it was time for her to move on - she feels a lot of guilt but mom is getting harder and harder to take care of and dd still work and have friends. DD wants to move away from Florida as there is no family near by, she misses all the cousin dinners and Naples is so expensive. July is when dd plans on moving. d mom will come back for the summer and fall.

My brother wants to get her a live in person and have her stay there permanently - bc mom will loose so much money coming back to Illinois. No family or friends - no visitors - I don't think I would like that life for her. I loved having her here; even though it was difficult at times.

My brother is a very good person and I know he will do what is right for mom but his talking about keeping her there is making me worried.

Also I can't dwell on what dd younger will do as a career. I will trust the process and I need to give it up to a higher power. I am really proud of dd for talking to my brother and moving forward with her life. I will pray that a good outcome for both of them and that dd's depression stays under control. I pray she finds her way and that she has a happy life.

I wish I would have homeschool dd as she struggled with 5 concussions affecting her brain and learning issues. I just didn't trust my ADHD and my abilities to stay on task. A step forward!

--------------------------------------
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:50 pm

(((Blessed))) Where does your brother live? And why would your dmom lose money if she left FL?
It’s a big decision, I know. (((Hugs))) and prayers for ALL of you as you work through the months ahead.

Smiling at LadyM’s ds! I think I can just SEE him saying “it was sooo worth it!”
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:35 pm

Florida and Illinois have completely different tax laws and from what I understand is that if mom moves back then Illinois takes are very large share. My brother handles all her finances. I think she has to stay in Florida 6 months and a day or something like that to get the tax benefits.
With mom's dementia continuing I don't think she can go back and forth and she would have to stay there without family.

My brother lives 2 hours from my house. I live 5 minute drive (at most) from my moms Illinois apartment.

thank you for the prayers d Lucy! So kind of you!
who knows there may be some wonderful things ahead!

good night all - I hit my tired spot 8-)

I heard there was another shooting in the New York subway
praying for the people in both this shooting and yesterdays shooting.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”