Rainy Days and Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Rainy Days and Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:47 pm

do they cancel school with 4" of snow? is it bc of not having enough plows?

We have been known to cancel school if there is a chance of snow. Many times they predict snow but it doesn't happen. We don't have snowplows type equipment for anything other than the main interstate highways. The state, town and country roads just deal with the snow by waiting for it to melt. Sometimes the country road crews spread sand on bridges. The school buses mostly travel country roads to pick up the kids and those roads are typically the last to clear. It isn't worth the risk for buses to slide off the roads.

I used to be part of the planning for snow removal crew so I know how it works on the federal roads. We developed GIS maps with detailed plans and routes for each truck and knew exactly how long it would take to clear the roads. Federal funds make that possible, but they are only used on federal land.

I am enjoying being outside at least once every hour in the bright sunshine. I am shoveling snow just because I can. It seems a shame to have a snow shovel and never use it. It is an activity that doesn't happen very often.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm

today is the anniversary of dh and my dating anniversary - we celebrate it along with our anniversary. I was 17 and dh was 21 when first starting dating. Today we were shocked that 47 years have gone by! We have become our grandparents and our moms and dads. How did that happen :D

weekly card finished:
vacuum and rinse wood trim on floor - I can't believe how dirty it was after just one week. :shock:

d twins - I hope you find out what is causing the pain and that it can be fixed very soon!
praying that it won't bother your fitness routine! I will say wrist and hand PT is really amazing. It really is helpful.
how nice that millie and ruby enjoyed each other.
Will the dentist going to see your dh soon?

hi d Nancy! I have been finding that journalling at night is very relaxing. Did you find that?
So nice that you can see the mountains.

d lady - I know when we lived in the country - those roads were plowed last -beet or sand were put on the roads- being Wisconsin, I think most town had lots of equipment - were also had many neighbors with plows on their big trucks. The main highway was plowed first and our small roads/the county roads were plowed last. Being a far suburb of Chicago; we have lots of equipment (they also share with other suburbs if needed). We also have salt holders in different parts of town for each suburb.

It seems a shame to have a snow shovel and never use it
I love this!

I agree it is better to be safe with the school buses!!
Hello d everyone!

some weekly cards and monthly cards done - Monday is kitchen and laundry room day -
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:03 pm

Recovering from watching "10 best SB commercials 2024" youtube. The first one was the Zach Braff, Donald Faison and Jason Momoa masterpiece and I got whiplash. Even the third time watching. I still happened to have my hand on the mouse the first time and inadvertently hit pause. I did later remember there were 9 other commercials and my breathing stabilized.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:03 pm

LM my sis in Ark. said there is not school b/c of snow in the forecast for the same reasons that you wrote about.
It is raining again here.

I've had two genius ideas one is a circular opening under the table on the deck it has metal legs, I could put a potted plant there.
The one I Have is a bit small. So I will check the plant cage and potting shed for ones that fit. Might put silk flowers there to brighten
it up for now.

The other idea is the sets of hot pads and dish cloths could possibley go for the youth camp fund raiser, I will check into that.
I have been contemplating where they could go.

I did a rbr and put the lg. folding wagon outside the kit. door on the landing will take it down later. So glad to free up
space in the spare room now.

Sorted a pile of stuff on my work space today in the butterfly room as well. Happy for reduce the paper piles in there.
One at a time is still progress. :mrgreen:

Had bfast dev. egg & cooked zucchini.
BlessedW2 I do PM reflections it is great to get insights & see the progress I made during the day on paper.
I have a small kids snow shovel it works great for picking up after the dogs as grands have all outgrown the kiddie size tools.

Harriet thanks for that reminder I want to see those as I did not watch the 1st half of the game.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:12 pm

LOL — we cancel school on forecast of snow also!

Trying to get back in a semblance of routine today… but I just want to go back to bed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:18 pm

Distancing from my last post, I got a dozen red roses today. Got them into a vase and on the coffee table, lovely. A little teddy with heart and candy came, too, but turns out that is for the really special lady in HRH's life, lol, dgdC. That high I don't rate, lol. He has valentines of some sort for all womenfolk in family.

Happy Dating Anniversary, blessed and dh

Yes, we have also become my Mom and HRH's Dad, blessed. It's all good.

Would we close schools here for 4 inches ... .. hmmm. Maybe. But we have days built into the calendar to do it, and I think it often comes down to whether we've used them yet or not.

LadyM, what are the basics of your ever-changing soup recipe? (Or, put it into the H and F thread.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:26 pm

My original plan for cooking lunch for the family was scratched because I discovered at the last moment that one of the pantry ingredients was out of date. So I quickly pivoted to a guaranteed crowd pleaser = Mexican cheese queso with chips. I was already in the process of browning ground beef before I discovered my original plan wasn't going to happen. I added the hamburger meat to the cheese dip to up the protein percentage. Note to self....need to check the dates on pantry items.

***deep breathe***

DS15 came home from work so excited. His first words to me was "you can ground me for the rest of my life but it was so worth it"
DS15 got a chance to ride a snowmobile and did it without asking permission or wearing a helmet. Som friends took videos of DS15 riding the snowmobile about 50mph across snow covered pasture. I asked where did you find a snowmobile? A friend moved here from the northern states and has kept the snowmobile in storage. This was a rare opportunity to ride it and DS15 jumped at the opportunity. I am thankful that he lived through this foolishness.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:25 pm

what are the basics of your ever-changing soup recipe?

Always ingredients -
** Coffee
** 2 colors of shredded cabbage
** shredded carrots
** spinach
** rotel (tomatoes and green chilis)
** Asparagus
** 3 or 4 different kinds of protein until it hits my 100g protein macro. Today soup had chicken, fish, eggs and hot link.

Spices used almost every time -
** Onion powder
** garlic powder
** curry powder
** Pepper flakes

Most of the time ingredients -
** Mushrooms
** Cauliflower
** Sweet potatoes
** Summer squash
** legumes (lentils, blackeyed peas, or pinto beans)

Sometime ingredients -
** avocados
** xtreme tortilla wraps (high fiber & protein)

Most all the ingredients are kept in freezer ready to be used so it is just a matter of adding them to the soup pot and letting it simmer. The cabbage, spinach, cauliflower, and mushrooms take the longest to cook so I add them first. By the time I finish adding other ingredients it is ready to eat. I'm updating Cronometer as I add ingredients and watching the macros. When I reach the macros I'm seeking then I stop adding ingredients.

Today's macros -
925 Calories
49% protein
20% carb
31% fat
It is so much food that it is a challenge to get it all eaten. I am never hungry when I make this soup.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:39 pm

boys and danger!
he sounds like it was so fun! Grateful for a safe ride! it's always a sigh moment - and a prayer that the next time they think safety.
thanks for sharing your soup idea lists.

hi d harriet oh dgd got flowers!!! so sweet!

hi d Lucy I hope your day is wonderful

hi d Nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:42 pm

More monthlies done - I will have to change up the "move the braided rug under the kitchen table and vacuum both sides" to a weekly job. I think the dogs laying on it all the time is causing big piles of dirt dust under the rug.

I am getting cranky - ;)

Next vacuum the rest of the kitchen floor and rinse. done :D
all weeklies are done :D and most monthly kitchen duties done but not great!
it took a long while to get this work done - the dogs and the muck are adding dirt and dust to the kitchen.
lunch is done: The salad I made yesterday.

Next:
get what laundry room stuff done that I can.
I should work on zone 1 - I will see.
I also need to play with the dogs - I would like to start walking with them. I have to relinquish my fear and just be prepared and careful.

I would like to make the valentine days cards for the family -
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”