Pancakes anyone? PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Pancakes anyone? PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:14 pm

d Nancy - glad you checked your bs - I don't like that feeling when it happens! I also get a hot flash when my sugars are up.
glad you feel better!
I had to laugh when you said what pancakes do to you lol.
so happy you have a sunny day!

yay on walking your d dog and having brunch. glade the voltaren helped you.
enjoy your work out! praying for your dh!!!
glad you have sun out as well d twins.

Took a shower and feel so much better.
Sometimes taking a shower does wonders.

timer is ready again.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:13 pm

Home from monthly elderberries luncheon. I find myself wanting to freeze the moments because they are so special. #Treasured Friends

Small town talk because everyone knows you and someone will see you..... We were told about DS15 doing donuts with his pickup in the snow and ice slush yesterday. The people telling us about it thought it was fun and said they would have done the same thing when they were younger.

The sun is shining brightly so I want to spend time outside. I can't do anything in the garden because the raised beds are still covered in snow. Maybe I can find something else to do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:45 pm

d lady I am so happy you had such a lovely time with dear friends! Special!

I saw d rose! hello

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:52 pm

I got some but not all of the new mold on the tile but gave it a good cleaning. I am going to ask dd older to get on a ladder this weekend and get the ceiling of the shower better.

tried to clean the sink - unfortunately it is stained and I don't know why. I am thinking it must have come from one girls cosmetics when they were both here.

time to clean the windows in the bathrooms - I am not thrilled but it is Tuesday Bathroom day - ;)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:57 pm

Well I had low carb waffles for breakfast with blueberries and no sugar syrup

I still have a nasty cold. Got up and did routines plus vacuuming and dusting the main area of my home. Washed my kitchen area rugs and washed down my lower kitchen cabinets.

Ate lunch …egg salad..and then crashed. Took a nap and then made a quick grocery run.

Living in New Orleans and Mobile I loved Mardi Gras season and even celebrated it when I lived in Mesa. Last week Sweetie and I along with friends used my Mardi Gras decorations and set up the community clubhouse for their annual Mardi Gras party. There were 140 people having a good to time

Next week I am helping my friend set up her home for a delayed Mardi Gras party.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:19 pm

I have walked ddoggo. Got my step goal met for today yea!
It is mild and sunny out glad for that.
Have lunch before I left.
Did a RBR this morning and a PUPA.
Finished a hot pad too.
Did some knitting.
Dug out a weed.
Tried a planting pot for the spot but did not get the right size I have one other to try tomorrow.

There are tons of Easy Crochet hot pad vids. on yt like the ones I do.
Learned how from lh granny the year we lived on the farm.
I will put directions in the needle work thread.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:45 pm

hello again

d rose - how fun!!! I am so glad that you and your neighbors had a wonderful time! Having your decorations made the day!!! I can't wait to hear about your d friends future Mardi Gras party.
I am sorry you still have a nasty cold - praying it goes away soon!!!

yay on walking your dog and getting your steps d Nancy!
how nice that it is mild and sunny for you today!
yay on finishing a hot pad. Do you have a pattern?
I did more work but not great!

dh is worrying me - his breathing is still rough and he also sits a whole lot. I don't know; but I worry.

putting a job that was supposed to be done today on tomorrows docket: clean the bottom wall and wood trim in bathroom well.
wash the doors well

tomorrows work - I hope
weekly paperwork
work through the closets
(dh has someone picking up donations)

as I haven't been the one in control of the upstairs bathrooms I have found that there is major work to be done during the summer.
I need to wash the walls
get the one window fixed.
get a new sliding door and scrap out the old grout and put new grout in
paint both bathrooms as they really really need it. (including the cabinets)
get dd's to clean the tiles that I can't reach in the shower.
wow no one told me how bad dh's bathroom was - I knew it was going south as dh can't see things.
- I could, also, see the upstairs hall bathroom and shower needs work but I didn't think the walls were that bad until I was in there with the full sunshine.

Next: toss the ball for the dogs

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:19 pm

Home from workout. I was tired today. We worked legs and balance and core, didn't do any arm work that involved wrists.

As I wrote the above, dh walked in the door from the dentist. Then dd called wanting to discuss the interview she just had on Zoom. And dMillie was expecting a walk when I finished here.

So I've talked to dd, talked to dh (he is fine, was more like getting a filling today and he thinks he's done) and walked the ddog and I'm back finally, lol.

I went by the post office for the HOA before coming home to check for dues payments there.

So far we don't have a dog sitter for Friday night. Dh asked ds if he would help us out and stay overnight here. Now dh suggests (assuming we find someone) that he blow off work on Friday a.m. and we call a friend for lunch on Friday also. He can't leave it alone as a quick trip but has to make it more complicated!

He'll be going to bowl soon. I'm going to try to do some of the neglected HOA accounting work tonight, I guess. I also need to write a cemetery check.

Nancy, I've also made my step goal today, good for us!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:09 pm

Hi, all! It is paczki day here, too, blessed! I did not make any this year but picked some up from a nearby bakery. They are very much not the same. But they are still in the donut family, so I will gladly eat them!

I stayed up too late the past two nights — Sunday reading and yesterday just sucked into social media on my phone :oops: — and it has really caught up with me today. I spent most of the afternoon trying to fight dozing off — I think I would have been better off if I had just set an alarm and taken a nap. I definitely must make sure I get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight.

I’m doing laundry; after I get the next batch in, I’m going to grab a few plastic bags and sort through a box of papers in my room. I imagine most will be able to be recycled or trashed, but some, I’m sure, will have to be shredded. Then I’ll have to decide where to put the ones I want to keep — I’m sure that will be the hardest part. I should wash DH’s shirts, but they require babysitting, so I wouldn’t be able to work on the papers. So it will be reds and such.

Dinner here will be chicken pad Thai. DH is more than happy to cook, so long as I tell him what to make. Have a lovely evening, everyone!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:06 pm

it's so nice that you celebrate paczki day!!! A donut is always tasty. Packzi are special!

Our local Polish bakery and deli (they also have hot meals one can pick up) had previous orders filled and it was a very busy place. Hard to get any. I have to remember to order them ahead of time. We used to be able to get frozen pierogi's but they were being sold out - that they didn't have any for their dinner menu; so they stopped selling the frozen ones - they couldn't hire enough people who knew how to make them the traditional way.

hope you have a good night sleep mystery!

welcome home d twins from your work out!
you are very busy!

dd older texted me that the women at her work are having a galentines dinner.
I spoke to d mom this morning
Haven't spoken to dd younger today - she usually calls me when she is walking the dog in the evening.

dishes are emptied
whites are in the dryer
groceries are put away
dinner dishes are put away

next flip flop blanket into dryer
wash another blanket
make the bed with the clean sheets and clean blankets

I am too tired to wash the dog blankets.

Return to “Post When You Can”