Pancakes anyone? PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Pancakes anyone? PWYC

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:13 am

What are you eating for breakfast/lunch/supper/dinner/snacks today?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Pancakes anyone? PWYC

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:24 am

I plan to have pancakes for breakfast. We also plan to have pork chops for supper tonight.

I need to wash the bed sheets this morning and mop the entire house.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 am

Cathy - thank you for the start this morning.

I love pancakes!! I rarely eat them because they cause my blood sugar to soar. But sometimes I just gotta get my pancake fix. I usually pair them with a protein (eggs and bacon) to level off the glucose drop.

I'm making macaroni salad for DH today. I asked what he wanted for valentine day and that was his request. I always think of Dove when I make this dish.

I'm enjoying my 2nd reward of the day. I am greatly motivated to complete my hourly goals and collect my reward.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:43 am

Celebrations - Watched some of the pre-Lent celebrations over the weekend : Rio footage of Carnival. Still going on, I'm sure. Exuberant, happy. So interesting to watch the floats come into view under a bridge, then workers race up and down creating (or re-creating) the height of flourishes, winged birds, and even extra interior levels as the floats joined the parade of people in amazing costumes. Extremely emotional for the creative directors of each float, who would hug and kiss each other following successful deployment, I guess you'd say. They said 2 million take part, then I heard a correction - 2 million per day, not all the same.

Brunch here will be a scramble in a big frying pan - shitake mushrooms, two different peppers, red onion, spinach. Tofu that's been sprinkled with turmeric, pepper and black salt for aroma while it's cooking. My own fresh broccoli sprouts sprinkled over. yum.

I have the makings of a chickpea salad for today, depending on how much time I have. That's a lot of chopping.

Laundry load of towels is going at the moment.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:06 am

LOL, Cathy, I knew immediately what pancakes mean today. One place I worked was next to a Episcopalian church and one of the partners took a bunch of us for a pancake lunch one year!

Left on the computer from yesterday:

bw2, I think we always have regrets about raising our kids. I wish I had been more attentive. I was honestly overwhelmed most of the time with them and working and it was so hard for me to be consistent. Ds told he once that he and dfriend Z had talked about it once and Z wished his mother had been less strict, and ds wished I had been more strict.

I haven't talked to dd just lately. She had at least three interviews lined up. She is going to Portugal tomorrow for a week. She will stay at least one night with a dfriend our ours from here. This trip will do wonders for her confidence. I wish I could travel as fearlessly as she does on a shoestring.

Dh has been planning to have lunch on Saturday in ATL with clients - adult children of long-time friends and clients (their dmom is now now deceased.) And he just suggested we go the afternoon before and see Hamilton again at the "Fabulous Fox" Theatre. So we'll go away this weekend, hoping the neighbor teen can take care of dMillie overnight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:27 am

I love pancakes for dinner more than I like them for breakfast! Happy Pancake day! :D

here in the Chicago area it is Pączki day! For years, Chicago has had a large polish population. There is a polish school in the town next to ours that has met every Saturday for years and years. My very dear sis in law went to Polish school for many years. Pączki day is big here.

The day before yesterday we watched a bit of the Brazilian Mardi Gras parade - so many colors. All I could think of is that I was so happy not to be with so many people. 8-) ;) Truly a happy event.

My eldest went to Brazil and stayed with a nice family. The funny thing is that rarely women - even the children- have covered fannies in their bathing suits. They laughed (not meanly) that dd's bathing suit bottom was so covered. The aunt wanted to get dd a Brazilian bikini. it was too funny for dd as she explained she like her bathing suit. The girls and the woman in the family thought it was so funny!

dd also went to Mardi Gras as one of her friends who now lives there was getting married - I have been there but not for Mardi Gras.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:41 am

d cathy - I have left overs for lunch, I have cut up veggies, fruit, and tonight dh and I will have tomato soup and BLT with more lettuce and tomato than bacon. Thank you for starting us!

d twins so true - dd younger did ask me to home school her and I just thought I couldn't do it. For me consistency and actually not knowing what to do next was a problem. You are right - we all try our best - and we all have pluses and minuses raising our children. thank you!

I am so happy your dd is going on trip - good for her!!!

I love Hamilton! Have fun!

d harriet! I just read that you watched Carnival. I agree - it's exuberant and happy!
your brunch sounds wonderful!

hi d lady! yay on your second reward after doing 2 hours of work! yay.
your process is really helping me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:45 am

pulling cards again - timer in hand -

hope:
exercise
stretching
dogs

Tuesday: bathroom work
wash sheets
learn about stems - lol so exciting
start my new book (old book from dh - The bully pulpit - the golden age of journalism/ Theodore Roosevelt/William Howard Taft.)
5 minute shuffle through our rooms and outside.
make valentines day cards with dried flowers that from last years garden.

I missed a job yesterday and I may do that today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:57 am

I've walked the ddog and am having brunch. Once done I need to wash up in kitchen and apply Voltaren to my hands and wrists. It really made a difference yesterday, but one must wait an hour after rubbing it in before getting hands wet and I haven't had the focus yet to do it. So I'm holding off on PT check for hands and I'll ask for a workout that doesn't stress my wrists today.

I have workout at two and dh is out tonight to bowl. He's supposed to finally get the rest of the dental work at 3:30 today. He was too swollen still yesterday afternoon for it.

The sun is out today and energy is better, perhaps. Dd called earlier and we talked about 25 minutes.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:14 pm

I am up slept in after being up i the nite with hot flash check bs and it was up so glad I thought of doing that & took Rx. :mrgreen:
It is just after nine and I've had a dev. egg & coffee. / No I do not eat pancakes they make me Far_. LOL!
Bread is rising in the dutch oven after warming up the oven a bit for that, I mixed up the dough last nite.
It is sunny here today glad to see that.
Trash is at the curb.
A M / QT & journals done.
---
Next still in pj 's shower is up I have clothes clean pj's in the bathroom indication of my low mood.
Learned of a friends death. sigh... I've been praying a lot today and still feel that heaviness & it is not mine.
Frustration.

I have / we had postponed celebrations in the past to avoid crowds at cafes' just sayin'.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”