Galentine's Day Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Galentine's Day Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:55 am

Celebrating women's friendships!

Actually, I see now that Galentines is supposed to be yesterday, but I'm a little unfamiliar with the concept, so we're celebrating today. After all, we had pancakes to eat yesterday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Galentine's Day Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:31 am

I am picking up dcousin and we're meeting another cousin for lunch today. The other cousin had an old photo to show off - I think I have it and actually have a partial key to the thirty or so people in the photo together. It's the Burns family - my mother's maternal grandmother, sisters and brothers, children and grandchildren from the early thirties. But since it's Valentine's day, I think the restaurant will be crowded and busy. Anyway, we'll see.

I have a list going of other stuff for today. And I'm not sure what dh can eat for supper for tonight? I though he was finished with dental work but he still needs a cap on this last work so I think he's supposed to be cautious. He says he's eaten enough lasagne! I think I can make fish - and I need a grocery trip too I believe.

Right now, need to s2s, walk ddog and eat my own breakfast, Will need to be leaving in a little less than two hours.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:45 am

I think Galentine's day is perfect for valentines day!!!!
Thank you d twins for starting us!
have fun with your cousins!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:35 am

I am up and the robins chirp alerted me to day break when I was journaling so I got up from my chair to see the sun rise! :mrgreen:
I slept till just before six and had dreams of release yea!
Good sleep is a blessing.

I have a deviled egg to have in a bit.
Sipping my special cup of coffee now Bridgerton berries & cream with some whipped cream on top to celebrate today.
I have special foods like shrimp for later after bacon and a box of chocolates for one a day.

Did my anti P. task today getting the spare room cleared this week has been my goal and big stuff is out of the center of it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:45 am

hello d Nancy! Good morning!
We don't have robins yet but have had the first flight of heron come through!

ready to start the day again
I gave the dogs some chew bones bc I need them to be busy for at least five minutes. :roll: :D

hope you have wonderful wonderful day!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:47 am

Happy day to all ya'll ! Are we gal pals? lol - I remember that was a much-used phrase once.

HRH will be making his rounds to the porches of the women (and girl) in the family. We made up little bags last evening after dd25 had gone to bed, to hide from her, too. Very small gifts except for dgdC, of course, who really rates with her grandfather, lol, and gets a teddy bear. Dd25 took her own little bag to work.

We should have done it yesterday, getting there first before, for instance, dgdC is potentially Valentine-d out at school today. Oh, well.

4 of 6 of my checkmarks were earned yesterday - cleaning, laundry, sewing and garden. Today I hope to make sure declutter and exercise are in there, even if some others don't make it.

The sewing right now means committing to large pushes that require some real time to give. I had it yesterday but may not today. I may take a step back.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:59 am

Hi!

I've re-started having vitamins and orange juice in the mornings.

We will be having soup and grilled cheese sandwiches by request for supper tonight.

The sun is shining here, and it's cold. No snow yet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:53 pm

Taking a break to CUOP

Today is a busier day than most. Regular stuff plus cooking tonight meal for 125 people plus a doctor appt.
I've pushed going to the gym off the schedule for today because I need that time slot.
Public school and homeschool are in process.
DH and i will start cooking the meal and then pause to go to doctor appt. We will leave the ovens baking and then will finish when we get back into town. This is the 4th time we have prepared this menu for a crowd, so it is just a matter of following the previous timeline in prepping everything.
I am thankful for the cards because all I need to do is just do the next right thing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IGnf5Rg-Ws clip from parks and rec. dd older told me this is how she remembers it starting for her age group.
too cute!

Just a quick wave bc my ADHD brain feels like it could go down a rabbit hole and my body feels like it should be moving and working. 8-)

waving to d lady
waving to d harriet
waving to d cathy
waving to d Nancy
waving to d twins

waving to everyone. d helia and d harmony hello too.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:20 pm

I have been out to the garden and retrieved planters and found one that fits for where I want it yea!
Put the ones that did not fit on places to wait for the spring wash up of them.
That will be after it is warm enough to get out the hoses and leave em out to use this spring.
Had my breakfast Rx & vits.
A. M. journaling is done.
Got my steps in for this part of the day yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”