Galentine's Day Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Galentine's Day Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:26 pm

hi d Nancy - glad you can get in your garden
yay on your steps too!

so far: it doesn't look like I have done a lot but I have been busy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:38 pm

From earlier, before I left for lunch with dcousin:

Flurry of activity here. I've s2s-ed, walked the dog just a lap, then fluffed my hair. It fluffs best when it's not so wet. Breakfast is just some fruit and ricotta cheese - I'll be eating a bigger lunch so probably don't need as much breakfast. I got upstairs and found the tape for the label maker and verified that it's correct. And while upstairs, took off a pillow case threw that and towel downstairs as a reminder that I need to wash then. I'll have dcleaning lady put them back on Friday and ds will kindly sleep here on Friday night and hang out with ddog.

I found the copy of the family photo with a key listing who is in the photo. I need to find the big original to scan for dcousins but I can do later. As I remember, at one point I had a typed numbered listing but no idea where it is. I'm afraid on a hard drive on a computer I don't have anymore?

Last night one homeowner vowed that they had mailed to P.O. box and I should receive it this week. Another dropped off the ck in our mailbox. That only leaves one, if I receive the first check. (I checked the P. O. box yesterday and it wasn't there.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:54 pm

I officially took the day off. Other than having a shower and walking to the end of the driveway to get the mail, I have been reading.

I put away the stuff in the dryer.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:01 pm

After Lunch ~
Got the top of the next side table painted and waiting to go that next coat on it.
This is 2nd of three side tables to do in the living room.
Got to watch some thrift flip painters while I did that made it even more fun!
Happy I remembered the drop cloth too yea!

Making some notes in a different booklet will be glad when it's full getting there will be done in a week or two.
Moved some decor items around that were put away for the Christmas holidays.
Found a 5# wt. nope not starting with that one, I have smaller ones to start with
Walked ddoggo.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:12 pm

Now that I've CUOPed:

Nancy, glad you're having warm weather (as are we) and thinking of repotting. I need to round up some planters myself to repot and divide some plants this spring. I don't like to do it until the days are getting longer again.

WTG on meal for 125 LadyM. Which meal is it? I agree that skipping the workout was the sensible thing, especially with dr. appointment today also.

Cathy, how much snow are you expecting? (And I completely understand about taking the day off!)

and Harriet, how wonderful that HRH takes Valentines day so seriously for all! I love this set of checkmarks: cleaning, laundry, sewing, garden, declutter, and exercise. Might adapt!

Bw2, IKWYM about keeping ddogs busy for a five minutes! Some days I'm just at the beck and call of her majesty here. I thought she would want to enjoy the sunshine outside today but she's my little shadow.

I am exhausted - having lunch with two people including one very talkative cousin - she is actually a first cousin, once removed. Her mother and my mother had a falling out maybe twenty years ago? Anyway, she had a stash of photos from her mother, who deceased. Most photos were from her grandmother, including several of her great grandparents, the grandparents of me and dcousin J. There were also some treasured photos from dcousin J's childhood. I took a few, but then ended up with the rest that dcousin J didn't want. They include a few that none of us recognized, so I think I'll start letting those go. (Like I need more photos? No way, I have dmom's plus a few from paternal grandmother, plus photos from dh's dmom. I have got to start declutting these. And I couldn't even find the one that was of the maternal grandparents and extended family of my dmom.

I didn't get to the grocery. We'll be away Friday night to late Saturday afternoon so I'll try to hold off. I did stop and get rid of the glass recycling in my car.

Ugh, I completely forgot I need to go by the pharmacy. I used all my CVS coupons etc. to stock up on the generic Voltaran.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:18 pm

Twins' Mom I have no idea how much we are expecting. We had a brief flurry yesterday that melted within moments. Nothing today so far. "Major storm" expected tomorrow. Seeing as how there is absolutely no snow anywhere near here, and not even any piles of old, nasty, dirty snow in any parking lots, I kind of hope it does snow because it's February. People are complaining about ticks on their dogs locally. At least the ice wine grapes have been harvested.

I emptied the dishwasher and now it's empty and waiting for some dirty stuff. I put a can of pea soup on the stove to warm up slowly for dh. Grilled cheese starts in around 30 minutes from now.
Last edited by CathyS on Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:35 pm

Hello all! I thought I'd stop by and say "hello!" I have a huge lull in my schedule for a few days. I don't know why; I don't have any extra meetings/ appointments the rest of this week. I do have payroll and we have dinner plans Friday - Sunday evenings. We hosted our weekly dinner last night (we've moved it from Thursdays to Tuesdays), but there were only 5 of us.

I hope everyone is doing well. I don't know the details of what each of you is up to but I'm glad to see familiar faces here. Some names I'm missing but maybe they didn't stop by today. Harmony? Dee? Is Kathryn still around? What about Mystery?

Things are going well in helialand, for the most part. My ds got married in September! That might be new news here. They're in the Seattle area. And dd28 just purchased a house! It's quite close to ours. She and dd25 are living together in an apartment and will move into the house together this spring, I believe. I have not seen it IRL, but dh has. It's small and cute, fenced backyard, and she plans to put in a 2nd bathroom.

I'm home from payroll for the day but am having a hard time finding my mojo to keep going - which I need to do. So, I'm procrastinating and seeing what you all are up to! Such a productive tactic. He he!!

It is sunny here today, which is lovely! Clear blue skies! I must take advantage of it and go to the park by the river and jog. It will be good for my body, my mind, my soul, etc. All of me. LOL! Yet here I am procrastinating...

Other things: I'm in the middle of sending out New Year cards. I'm always late with those. They should be Happy Spring cards instead! :) I'd like to make more progress on those today too. There's always payroll I can do at home also. I typically have 2 classes + exam prep (I'm on the team that creates the final exams each session) + a curriculum development project, revamping one of our writing courses with 2 other instructors. It's a nice amount of work - not too much usually but not too little - and a nice mix of tasks. And I enjoy working on a team.

Off I go to bite the bullet and get out there and jog! It's 39* and sunny. No excuse! I'll listen to a fun podcast while jogging. My jogging habit has really suffered; I'm down to 2 - 2.5 miles. It will be 2 today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:37 pm

hi d cathy - yay on taking the day off! good for you!

I have been thinking of making grilled cheese for dh and I as well.
ice wine grapes - I have never tried ice wine - I heard it was a dessert wine - interesting !
we get ticks around April but they have been extending their time in are area!
I love pea soup as well!
have a good afternoon!
--------------------------------
hi d twins
lol - I love that -
Some days I'm just at the beck and call of her majesty here
:lol: So true here as well!
my girls are my shadow as well but they keep bringing me balls or their duck for me to throw when I am doing anything :D

I have some photos that mom's cousin sent me but one of the dvd's is family that I have never heard of - I am wondering if they were his family line. Mom doesn't know them either.

sorry you have to go out again - great job on getting rid of the glass recycling.
----------------------------
hi d Nancy yay on painting
great job on using a drop cloth!
yay on all your work
--------------------------------
hello everyone. feeling tired already - very frustrated by that bc I want to keep working.
the cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow - no matter how many times I vacuum during the week the floor is always bad the next day! One would think that I never cleaned. :roll: :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:57 pm

waving at you d HELIA!!!!! so happy to see you!!!

helia

Postby helia » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:58 pm

Hello to you too blessed!

Return to “Post When You Can”