On Task Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

On Task Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:06 am

Are you on task? What does it mean to be on task? LadyM would tell us that she's up with her hourly cards and steps, another might be working from a list, and some of us (me) are hopelessly off task.

How can we strive to stay on task and use our energies for the things that are important to us?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: On Task Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:18 am

How can we strive to stay on task and use our energies for the things that are important to us?

I suspect that's part of the answer - we use our energies for the tasks that are important to us somehow for whatever convoluted reason our brain dreams up, but that doesn't account for just being all over the place. I told dcousin yesterday that I can barely get out of the house on time and remember everything anymore.

Today I have my mentoring appt at 11 and workout at 2. I hope I feel stronger today. Dh is still feeling poorly, and his blood sugar has been elevated. His trainer (whom I will have later) suggested some type of electrolyte drink, which can't hurt. He had an awful leg cramp in the middle of the night - except for that I slept well. I think we're going to eat out.

-mentoring appt
-workout
-bank for HOA
-p/u at CVS
-sheets towels for upstairs (ds will stay here on Friday night)
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:24 am

I think my tasks for a Thursday are done, other than going to knitting.

Compost, garbage and recycling are at the end of the driveway. The wind was calm enough so I could burn 3 bags of burnables. While I was outside I put the reusable bags back into dh's truck.

Supper will be spaghetti and meat sauce.

Mother Nature delighted me with a gorgeous sunrise. After such a beautiful day yesterday, we have overcast skies this morning except right at the horizon. Dh has had his coffee and I have spot mopped the floors.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:40 am

I want to go back and read what Helia added yesterday and everyone after that!!!
Can't wait!

Hello and happy On Task Thursday to all of you!!!

d twins thank you for keeping us, and especially me, on task! Thank you for starting us!
we use our energies for the tasks that are important to us somehow for whatever convoluted reason our brain dreams up
oh my gosh so true!!! I have a lot of times that I catch myself staying focused on fun creative stuff or what interests me in the moment.
hope your dh blood sugar evens out fast!
have a great day!

hi d cathy how wonderful that your tasks have been focused on. good for you!
How lovely to have such a beautiful day.

Hello to everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:57 am

Up on time today.
Have done qt & most of my journaling.
Trying to figure out my bujo now.
Got the 3rd and last side table painted & it is drying with the last coat on it now.

I sitll have knobs to paint on a desk but have to figure out how to put paper guards on the main part of
the drawers before doing that. I am thinking on that hoping to come up with an idea before Sat.
my project day.

Waving to all.
So glad I did okay being a widow on Val. day is a challenge.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:09 pm

electrolyte drink, which can't hurt. He had an awful leg cramp

I have been trying to remember why I started putting electrolytes in our daily drinks. It has been a daily habit for so long that I forgot the reason WHY. DH used to have horrible leg cramps almost every night but they haven't happened in so long that I forgot about them. Also DH Mother was put into hospital almost every year because of low potassium. It was remarkable the difference it made in her health once they got it back to where it needed to be. I wish we had insisted that she use daily electrolytes. Reminding myself.....You only know what you know.

I just finished my 4th hourly challenge and collected my rewards. I'm not feeling my best but good enough to keep pushing. I detest how I feel when I sit or lay too long so I prefer to keep moving every hour. We have nothing extra on the calendar today so my day will feel like a vacation compared to the last couple of days.

I made another pot of soup for me this morning. I will be making Spanish rice and shrimp for the family. We have some baked potatoes left from last night's meal so I will make them into potato salad to add to the ready-to-eat food in the refrigerator.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 pm

hello d lady and d Nancy

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:21 pm

Thinking thinking thinking. Maybe today should have been Thinking Thursday. I also don't prioritize enough. When I get "motivated" I write down too many things and then get overwhelmed with it all (because it all needs to be done, right?) and I don't do well then.

That puts me back to Eisenhauer Matrix: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ei ... matrix.svg I have nothing I can delegate, and everything seems important or I wouldn't have written it down. But Urgent? Hard to say, very little that is truly urgent. Before we leave tomorrow I need to get groceries (mainly because of dog food and milk) and wash sheets upstairs. Sheets will be in washer in a bit, and dcleaning lady can make up that bed. (There's something I CAN delegate!)

And this has sat on the computer awhile. I was doing other things and realized it was Zoom time so did that. Then realized I hadn't had breakfast, except for some chocolate from a box that dh brought me yesterday. (The rest went into the garbage, I'm afraid.)

Which brings to me today.
-grocery urgent (before tomorrow at two) and important
-HOA deposit: important and urg
-HOA accounting work: important, urgent only in my mind?
-CVS, not urgent or important, but should do before we leave tomorrow
-sheets and towels for upstairs, urgent by the time we leave tomorrow
-what else?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:44 pm

I like that d twins!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:45 pm

It's official - I don't want to do anything but play with the dogs, exercise and what ever my little heart desires. I know I should be working hard tomorrow and over the weekend.

Singing: Let it go!

Return to “Post When You Can”