Fab Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Fab Friday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:45 pm

hello again - dd older came with me to the vet - d dog did wonderfully - I am in shock.
Last week the cat was $430 and this week the younger dogs was $480 with tick and flea meds. 3 year shots given which is good. her nails are trimmed - wonderful.

I did some other things. Nothing earth shattering.
Played with dogs outside until my fingers were freezing.(next time wear gloves). :D The weather people say that it will be 19 degrees tonight.

hello d twins - hope you find your hearing aids! I understand the safe places try to hide things. You had good intensions when you put them away. May you find them soon.
Glad you had the dear cleaning angel today!

hi d Nancy!
yay on learning about new things - good for you!~

hi d lady!
texas twinkies - lol I didn't even know they were a thing! (and "that your taste buds aren't hardy enough for those") :lol:
yay on getting 3 hours done and medical appointments done!

It's 1:44 here and time to get to work. I feel like I caught up on the rest I needed!
it's now 3:11 pm
vacuumed (but not well - the shelves in the basement closets - nothing to get rid of - pretty empty.
vacuumed stairs

I don't know why I am hungry - but I am hungry. :)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:07 pm

this showed up on my feed - I think it's trying to tell me something 8-)

"decide what your priorities are and how much time you'll spend n them".

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:46 pm

home from a successful trip out. Everything went smoothly and faster than I expected. It only took 4 hours from start to finish.

Twins - I hope you find them and let your mind rest. DMIL lost two sets of hearing aids over the years because her dog ate them.

I'm going to put my feet up until TOTH and then start that hourly challenge
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:40 pm

went through more drawers
put frozen chicken breaded tenders in the oven - not something I normally would serve but I was lazy.
corn is microwave.

I don't care for orchids but dd older loves them - I am hoping we can get tickets for two weeks from now.

I also erased some emails - lol I have over 7000 emails. 8-)

d lady - put those lovely Toesies up - you deserve a nice rest!

we haven't lost hearing aids to the dogs but have lost a pair of glasses from one of the dogs we used to have (loved that girl). Her name was Lucy - a shepherd lab - a big girl, and she saw dd younger asleep on the couch with her glasses on - dd was about 10 years old - d dog took them off without waking dd and gave them a good chew. :shock: ;) :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:51 pm

I have mixed up a nice soft green shade of paint for the wood basket planter.
I have it painted with the first coat of paint on it now drying before the next one.
It really needed it and looks so much better more like an Easter basket now! :mrgreen:

Walked yea.
I watched some of a show and fast forwarded through a couple fighting / arguing not peaceful.
I have had dinner I've been really enjoying zucchini and cheese & egg these day some with meat.

I am down to one huge bag of cooked pumpkin in the freezer in 1/2 c. servings apx. a gallon or two of it.
Then the clean out the deep freezer begins next month if not before.

I got the dishes done.
Did some journaling.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:54 pm

I accomplished that hour challenge.

When I took the prescription bottle out of the prescription bag I instantly knew the prescription count was off. We were supposed to get 90 pills but the bottle was only half filled. I counted the pills and there were only 40. I don't think this has ever happened. I called the pharmacy and they reviewed the cameras which showed they didn't put enough pills in bottle. They apologized over and over while offering to drive the missing pills to us. I am not expecting them to make the 40 minute drive here and again back so I told them we would pick the missing pills up the next time we were in the city. All is good.

I'm watching Yellowstone. It is like watching a train wreck happen. I keep covering up my eyes and fast forwarding because it has horrible violence, but I can't wait to see what happens in the story line next. I only watch for about 10 minutes at a time then take a break from it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:39 pm

Hi!

We had leftover spaghetti with meat sauce for supper. I had a long nap this afternoon. Blue Bloods season 14 starts tonight at 10.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:29 pm

Sewing today, finishing the top out to 36 inches, two parts put together. Got a photo of it at this stage right before phone battery died.

My phone flashlight :roll: was my pal for extra light for my eyesight with the very dark fabric. (yes, the sewing machine has a light. yes, there is an overhead light with two bulbs, and still... ..) I was picky and slow, scaredy-cat for sure, so I'm rewarded by nothing to do over. whew

I gathered little scraps of all the fabrics and made a 4x6 index card of sewed-down bits to give the lady tomorrow. She wants to know the colors of every single thing, it seems. Dd is taking her other items as well.

Having our company here for lunch today was very enjoyable.

About tv - Don't know if anyone was a Resident Alien fan but it has a new season :? on Net flicks after a two-year absence. What a brave new world we live in when old shows we thought were firmly in the past just get picked up by another production company and suddenly return. HRH binged on previous seasons to get ready. It is comedy/drama/sci-fi. I wish it was a little heavier on the comedy, but it's good. Scripts do have to have problems or there's no story.

Wow, veterinary bills are amazing, blessed. I remember when Tobias had his kidney trouble - bet it would cost more now. He had to stay overnight. We were chatting with our company about whether either of our households would ever get another pet. Big decision.

Return to “Post When You Can”