Fab Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fab Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:14 am

Make Friday Fabulous! Whatever else happens, take a little time to make the day fabulous! Flowers? A spring time walk? A facial, or extra skincare? Reading time?

Have a fabulous day!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Fab Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:26 am

I have a busy day going. I need to prep for dcleaning lady, who will be here in less than an hour. And by 2 or so this afternoon, we'll be on the road to ATL, where we will see Hamilton! tonight at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. We'll spend the night in ATL (must nail down all instructions for ds to take care of dMillie), have lunch tomorrow, make a trip to IKEA (bookcase, and bedspread?) and return tomorrow early evening.

So I gotta get moving! First up is prep for dcleaning lady!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:47 am

Twins - thank you for opening the SHE village. I hope you have a great weekend trip.

I am thankful to be feeling more like myself. My energy level is back. I did take it at a slower pace yesterday while also doing a couple projects that were waiting on complete focus. One of those project was organizing & decluttering DH meds. Because of DH 70lb weight loss the doctor has removed about half his medication. Instead of 12 prescriptions DH is now taking 6. Two each for diabetic, cholesterol and blood pressure. I had to double & triple check that I was removing the correct meds. It felt good to take the time to visit with pharmacy to cancel the automatic refills, remove the meds from the tub I use to refill DH monthly containers and have this project off my mind.

I have two medical tests today. Both of the tests are non-invasive and will be done outpatient in the city. My rule that was established when the kids were little will apply today. Rule = When you have a medical appointment you get a treat if you act nice and don't throw a fit. DH has requested that we eat at his favorite all day breakfast restaurant. I don't have a treat in mind so I'm going with that. It makes me happy to bring joy to DH.

While in the city -
** Outpatient medical appt
** Sam -Fill up with gas
** Sam's = pick up prescription for DS15 acne
** SAm - purchase items to restock pantry
** eat at Jimmy's egg

When we get back to our town, I will restock the ready-to-eat foods from our favorite local BBQ place.
** 4lb smoked chicken tenders
** 2lb smoked bologna
** 2lb pulled pork
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:59 am

Our hearts are heavy this morning to have awakened to the news of Alexi Navalny's death. Dd25 works with several coworkers from Germany who are shocked today since that country sort of saved him last time. Sobering.

LadyM, will be thinking of you getting all the medical stuff done today.

Company coming soon. The LR took very little time to ready for that visit.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:19 am

thank you and hello d twins!!! have so much fun tonight!!!

D harriet - I too, am so sad to hear of his death! How can these things still happen. So wrong, so sad.

d lady - so happy you are feeling back to being you! I am so happy to hear about your dh's ability to lower his meds!
smoked bologna - I have never heard of that - Interesting!!!

hello dear everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:24 am

I have a vet appointment with our covid dog/and another of my ankles breaking; it will be interesting :shock: I had hoped dd older could come with me but she has an appointment.

I feel better today :D - I ended up sleeping yesterday after a headache tried to come through. 8-)

I only have one thing on my list: Closet dive for donations or toss - includes the garage.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:36 am

Smoked bologna is one of the plainer things he cooks in Gertie (smoker). This is an only open one day a week one-person little business in a tiny little town that has a big customer base that drives for miles for his unique combinations of tasty food. About the only thing I have tried only once is the Texas Twinkies. My taste buds aren't hardy enough for those.

I'm thinking backward on the timing of today events.
12:45pm arrive at medical test
40 minute drive
Leave home at 12;05
breakfast restaurant closes at 2pm so we need to eat before medical appt.
Leave home at 11:00
Allow extra time for aut-ohs...leave home at 10:45
I used to do these timing computation in my head without even thinking about it. Now I have to be intentional.

10:45 leave home
eat
medical appt
sams
Rasty

36 cards completed.
3 hourly goals accomplished. I lost track of the time and missed doing the 4th hourly goal.
Starting again next hour
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:00 pm

Dcleaning lady is doing her magic. I need to do some measuring - we're going to IKEA and I'd like to get another of their bookcases for upstairs and a bedspread for our bed. Our bedspread is probably 15 years old and was from there - a bit of the outside finishing has unraveled over the years so I'm ready to replace it.

to dos:
-measure upstairs to be sure another book case will fit
-measure bedspread so I can be sure of what size to buy
-pack stuff for trip
-be sure I can pull theatre tickets up on my phone
-info for ds re: ddog while away
-what else?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:09 pm

OMM:
I woke up on time round 6 all on my own yea me!
The wake up truck is on a new schedule and has not been leaving at 5. :mrgreen:
I was up a bit later last evening processing info. I learned from Kennedy years my era but started before I was born so
I did learn some stuff. Great perspective for me I need to go do a bit of research on the 1st book JFK wrote.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:35 pm

UGH! I cannot find my hearing aids! I am positive that I took them off while out of the house and put them "in a safe place." But I don't know where that safe place might be. I got them at Costco, and they are guaranteed against loss for two years and I'm within so I can get them replaced. But I can't believe they are lost/misplaced. I know I've worn them since we went to New York in Dec. I'm mad at myself.

I have measuring done and dcleaning lady is gone. I still need to s2s and pack.

Return to “Post When You Can”