Saturday - what type of day is it for you? PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Saturday - what type of day is it for you? PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:51 am

Good Day to you!!!!

What type of day is it for you?
Saturdays can be so so many things.
It can be a day to celebrate your faith,
It can be a day to work
It can be a day to get ready for Sunday
It can be a way to end the week and button things up
It can be a day of outdoor sports or family

What would you like your Saturday to be?

I heard on a podcast that we will gain 3 minutes of sunshine every day until June (probably the summer solstice)
It's 31 days until spring

What ever it is - I hope it is fantastic.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Saturday - what type of day is it for you? PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:58 am

it is 12 degrees here - nice and chilly
waving to all of you!

My hope is to empty the hall closet into dd yougner's bedroom as this closet is becoming Fibber McGee's closet.

I had hoped to work outside but nope - I will take the dogs outside but I need to wear gloves, hats etc. It's not bad weather but poor planning with clothing. (I keep telling this to myself 8-) :D )

I have been up for a long while so it's time for me to start.
First things first.

my hope tomorrow: order seeds - I won't be starting seeds indoors this year.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:45 am

Good morning

I'm trying to decide on what type of day to have. I am thrilled to have options.

Saturday is weekly sleep-in late day for me, and I was successful in sleeping through my first hour (6am) challenge. I felt refreshed and ready to get started on the day when i finally rolled out of bed. I've been up for 1.5 hours and have completed 19 cards. 3 of those cards were weeklies.

We have a welcome 10 day stretch of sunny weather. Next week it will be in the high 70's with bright sunshine every day. I know it will switch back and winter isn't done with us. but I welcome the break.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:07 am

how nice to have options - is that wonderful d lady! good for you!
I do hope you enjoy the next bit of weather! a taste of spring/summer! I always figured that February warm up was God telling us not to give up to the winter and cold - spring is coming!

so far:
emptied dw
filled dw
cut up fruit for the day
letting dogs run of the zoomies before I walk around the yard with them/play ball with them.
more cards done in kitchen and laundry room

time is 10:06 am.
I have to remember that if my ADHD is stuck (and I am not moving to the next event/chore it means my perfectionism (which sounds silly) is coming through. I knew I had to wash the kitchen floor after vacuuming it. I couldn't move from that job and I couldn't start it. I did it - it took 10 minutes at tops and now I feel like I can move forward again.

I have decided to take on more jobs - dh didn't have a lot of jobs but I can see it's time again.

I missed the family room yesterday - :shock:
I know you are appalled as well 8-)

11:02 am.
more cards done
I still need to exercise and take dogs outside - d older dog is limping and she came to me and needed love. I can't see a thing.

12:13 lunch eaten - I am still wondering why he won't get to the doctor. He keeps wheezing. He slept most of the morning. dd older and I spoke to him but he said no hospital - no dr.

1:16 pm last hour - took dogs outside - bitter cold ;) start to plan for this week
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:13 pm

25* / 47* F.
Today I have been up for apx. 3 hrs up around six ish.
qt & journal & planning,
One more page and I'll have another journal done I will toss em as they are brain dump ones and
helping me to let go of neg. emotions from childhood. Processing & writing out the same stuff more than once
helps but they do not really know why! :mrgreen: Weekly review done.

Fed dddoggo.
Made bed.
Put dishes away.
Marched around the basement with one #2 wt. & coffee cup.

-----
The journal had more pages than I anticipated available to write in so I got those written on morning pages done.
Now making a list of people I am releasing feelings of angst of dealings with peoples over the years getting more release yea!
Separate sheets I will destroy after using.
Walked.

-----
Picked up back yard after the ddoggo.
Did a bit of desk duty
Had dinner still need to do dishes & clean up the counters.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:46 pm

d Nancy Hello!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:11 pm

Processing & writing out the same stuff more than once helps

I agree. Journalling is helpful in so many ways IMHO

DH has asked what I want to do today. I keep changing my mind and have now given 3 different answers.

DS15 isn't working today and is sleeping in. It is past noon here and he is still sleeping. I can't put into words how this changes the energy level in our home. DS15 is high energy constant vocal and action most of the time. When he sleeps everything becomes quiet and calm.

I made a pot of Spanish rice that is heavy in vegetables. There are 5 pint mason jars of it in the ready-to-eat stash. This is a favorite side dish for DH.

I made some pepperoni pizzas using sliced French bread as the base. Quick and easy. French bread is one of the carbs that I can easily over consume so I need to be mindful when it is around.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:49 pm

Hello to everyone!
We’re having a fairly quiet day here in College Town. Dgd and I stayed at the condo while dgs and dh went to the game. We’ve already been to Dominos and got our lunch/supper, and the game isn’t till 5:00 pm! We’ll be watching on tv.

Got everything ready to pack up when the game is over, except I need to fold towels that are in the dryer and put them away.

Oh — update on Servpro — it really does look like it never even happened, even better than before in a couple ways — BUT — it certainly took long enough! For that reason alone, I can’t really recommend them.

I still have a sore throat and a lot of sinus congestion, so I’m beginning to think this is allergies.
Dh is having a LOT of arthritis pain, and is sooo nervous about the surgery, mostly nervous about being hospitalized, unable to just get up and walk out. That aspect REALLY gets to him. It’s a kind of claustrophobia that has nothing to do with the size of a room. He could be hospitalized in the middle of a gymnasium and he would feel the same.

I should call my mom, and my aunt. For some reason, I’m just not in the mood to talk to anyone. Dgd is busy with her videos and a game that belongs to dgs, and I’m just enjoying the quiet.
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:32 pm

Long day here…

I’m like LadyM as Sat is my sleep in day. Got up drank coffee and then got on my glider to get some steps
In

Went to HD to buy some seeds and potting soil. Came home, unloaded my car and then ate lunch. My son came over to return our ladder and I asked him if he could look at the backseat of my car, which used to be his. I had laid the seat down but couldn’t get it back up again and figure he might know how.

The seat belt mechanism had locked and in order to get to a bolt that needed to be undone, it required taking out the bottoms part of the back seat to get to it. Thankfully my son had the right tools for the job but it still took a lot of monkeying around and a bit of my strength trying to hold the seat up/

Took us about an hour to get it done. When the bottom part of the seat was removed I found all sorts Olof treasures …sidewalk chalk, hair ties, Bobby pins not to mention a whole variate of cheerios and pretzel and cracker crumbles

Course that mean pulling out my vacuum cleaner. My son left and I decide to clean the inside of my car. Two hours later with my clothes soaked to my skin, it was finished. I would have run it through the car was but it’s suppose to rain tomorrow

Came in and took a shower and have just sat down for a minute. Thankfully it’s some thing easy. Needless to say../ I’m tired

Waving to y’all…
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Waving wildly at all! We are home!

Hamilton was wonderful last night - as always - and we had really good seats. I enjoy the music and story and themes and humor so much. We stayed at a hotel that was truly across the street from the theatre, was so easy. Very mediocre breakfast at hotel this morning and but made up for with an excellent lunch at a French bistro with pair of adult sibs/clients - their father has been a client of dh since the beginning and he considers them family.

We made a trip through a Grandin Road/Frontgate outlet - that was a disappointment to me since I thought we were going to IKEA. But we headed home earlier than I thought and have happily been here a couple of hours.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”