Home Sweet Home Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Home Sweet Home Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:53 am

I was so happy to be home last night and I'm loving having some quiet time this a.m. with dh getting a massage.

What are you doing today to enhance and enjoy your own Home Sweet Home?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Home Sweet Home Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:07 am

Thanks Twins I luv this theme.
I have been putting up the decor items for spring this past week and have been enjoying that.
Got some trash dumped in one room need to do other rooms was a task I did not get to yesterday.
Did get the book case organized this week it looks better.
Working on the desk in my butterfly room.
I got out the planters I want to use this spring yea for that.
Waving to every one.

-----
Had bfast.
Umbrella walk done.
Painted 4 knobs on the desk in the spare room.
4 weeks till spring.
Picked up the back yard & emptied out 4 planers.
Still raining so I took my umbrella.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:26 am

I need to work in the kitchen today. I've been ignoring it, hoping it would reset itself, but it never does.

Supper tonight will be fried chicken finished in the oven as requested by dh. Chicken is defrosting right now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:11 pm

Morning y'all..

I've done my morning routines
Stripped bed and sheets are being washed
Once dried, remake the bed.
Need to do a load of towels and smelling clothes I wore yesterday
Need to go through my Mardi Gras boxes and reorginize them
Must look up my King Care recipe for my upcoming party on Wednesday
Must find original marriage certificates for my DAR application.... Found it!

Rainy and cold day here...good for working around the house.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:31 pm

I too love the theme - I am so glad you have time just for you d twins!!!

hi d Nancy! spring decorations sound wonderful! I have been thinking of doing that too. I bought some nice spring ribbon two months ago for my wreath.
your book case looks great.
hello

hi d rose good morning!
yay on getting so much done this Sunday morning
what a good day to stay home - enjoy!

Hello to everyone!!!
it's still cold here but not bitter like yesterday! labs love cold and my dogs couldn't understand why I wanted to go inside - and I usually love cold weather. This was a intense cold!

happy Sunday.
I locked the dogs out of the kitchen while I watched Garden answer highlights, had breakfast and coffee. They sleep near me all night and are with me all day and I find I need this hour to remove the velcro that the dogs and I have together. Time to check the weather and bring the dogs out. I have enjoyed the moment - 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:58 pm

alrighty time to start the day -
It's almost 11 am and I haven't spent time with the dogs. I have enjoyed every minute by myself to plan my week. that's done.
I will listen to services
I will do bible study group that I have online.

The bad: dh panic attacks last night
The good: he has agreed to call his dr. tomorrow

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:29 pm

So happy to be home! And I had forgotten that this is another U.S. long weekend so dh will be around tomorrow too. He will bowl tonight.

I went with dh to Costco. Ooooh, so many people! I get to a point where I just have to get out of there. He's going to the grocery for me now. I told him I wouldn't do both!

At Costco we got some dog bone chews for dMillie to enjoy and to clean her teeth. Unfortunately, she wants to enjoy it in the yard, and I'm not letting her out there with it. I'm trying to keep her from resource guarding, since Charleston and Boston come into our yard. I will take toys out with her but they come back in when I come in. And it's sunny, but not even fifty degrees and I'm not in the mood to sit outside with her. Any advice, bw2? She "hid" it behind a pillow once and came back inside.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:02 pm

It brings me joy to come to this SHE village and CUOP.

I am having a typical NORMAL Sunday. I am old enough and experienced enough to appreciate these moments. No dramas. No problems. No frustration. Just enjoying the moments.

Not to say that life doesn't have bumps along the way but taken with a long term view these bumps seem little. Raising kids always come with those constant bumps and challenges every single day. I try to not focus on those and keep my view on the life skills that I'm trying to teach them.

DS15 is being typical teenage boy with his choices. Nothing drastic that will affect him long term. One thing he has taken as his own is paying himself long term and short term savings the very first thing when he gets paid. He is strict with himself about this habit. Then he blows the rest of his paycheck on whatever strikes his fancy.

Need to do next -
** This afternoon the youth are having post Superbowl party. Nothing to do with the Superbowl but just a reason to have the party that was cancelled last week due to the snow.
** Need to provide money for WinterJam concert and fill out the permission pages.
** Need to provide deposit money for skiing trip the kids are doing next month. Will DD12 go? It really isn't her thing but she sometimes surprises me what she is willing to try. DS15 is definitely going so need to get those permission pages done.
** STEAM event in the city for middle school girls. DD12 seemed willing to consider attending this event. Need to verify her willingness and then get her signed up.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:54 pm

quick wave ~~~~~ listening to the Baftas - David Tennant is the host.

spoke to my neighbor - it's cute - it is always 45 minutes to an hour - I know better when she walks towards me but she is a lovely person and I enjoy talking to her. She is probably thinking the same thing about me.

It's a new afternoon - lovely.
Just played with the dogs.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:04 pm

Got everything on my list done and then some more!

I R tired :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”