"Monday Managed" PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

"Monday Managed" PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:38 am

Just tap the wand and utter the magic words "Monday Managed" and it's done!

It's a nice thought isn't it? Meanwhile, manage your Monday, don't let it manage you!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: "Monday Managed" PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:43 am

hi d twins - Good morning!!!

Good morning everyone!!!

next s2s
dogs
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:55 am

Dh has gone to the office to do some continuing education. I have body work at 11:30 - gotta get moving because I've been lollygagging about. DH walked dMillie before he left but I need to do it again before I leave.

Nothing on the calendar for today, we may invite friends over for Costco lasagne tonight. When dh suggested buying one I thought he was buying it to eat this week, and he was planning to put it in the freezer, where I already had two smaller home made lasagnas. Miscommunication.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:55 am

Waving
Today up at 5 the truck up the st. is back on the early schedule.
Journaling & qt mostly done.
F. 34* / 50* snow flurries in our forecast this morning.
Did my book order. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:19 am

Good morning

Cathy - your fried chicken recipe and method sounds similar to how we do it. We do add a little cream to the egg dip. The dry ingredients also include some spices (salt, pepper, paprika). Also we put the chicken in egg/flour mixture twice instead of once. Otherwise it is about the same. I've never timed how long to keep chicken in skillet or oven but just go with it until the rest of the meal is ready. Fried chicken prepared other ways doesn't taste as good as home cooked fried chicken IMHO.

We had a family conference last night to discuss and decide on DS15 curriculum for the last two years of his high school. If he is going with dual education (college while in high school and/or votech while in high school) then I need to start the process to get him enrolled for fall semester. I can't say that I am happy about the final decision, but I am trying to come to peace with it. DS15 is dead set against going to college or votech right now. He is sure that he can learn more by hands-on on-the-job training. I can't disagree with him on that, but I don't like closing the door on having a formal college degree or votech type certificate. DS15 says that he can always do college/votech later if it is something that he needs. He named several people he knows that did it that way. I am dead set solid on my desire for DS15 to finish high school. He has 3 friends that dropped out of high school and are now making good money working full time. DS15 sees them not having regrets with their decision and is tempted to do the same. I concede on the dual enrollment (collage or votech) but DS15 is finishing high school.

I made cranberry sauce/juice from frozen whole cranberries. After it cools down I will package it into small containers and eat a little each day. DMom showed me how vital it is to add real cranberries to daily food. She went from stage 4 kidney failure on the verge of dialysis to a completely healed kidney. The changes she made for this to happen were adding cranberries and stop using OTC pain meds.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:00 pm

Morning…

Went to class this morning it’s sort of sunny but cold. Came home and decided to enjoy the weather so I walked for an hour outside instead of using my Gazelle … really enjoyed it

Came home and ate lunch and now about to change clothes and run errands .. need to go to UPS forAmazon returns and then to Walmart grocery store

Cathy… I make that kind of chicken for Sweetie all the time. Like others have said that type of recipe has been around for years.

Harriet … does your dd25 have her wedding dress yet? My niece is planning an outdoor wedding in August and has already bought hers. Had it delivered to her daddy’s house because state taxes are cheaper in his state than in hers :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:00 pm

Checking my status and deciding on next hour-
** 69 cards completed
** 2916 steps
** 5th hourly challenge completed

DH volunteered to make the hour ride with DS15 driving to his music lesson.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:25 pm

hello again.

yay on your 5th hour being complete and all those steps good for you.
how nice that you didn't have to drive - yay.

Good for you all for discussing the next step for high school. They can't always see that it's only two years and that it is easier to do it now than getting their GED when they are working. My dear cousin quit at 16 and after her son was born (working full time at odd hours) she decided to get her GED to get a better 9 to 5 type job.

Yay on who you are d lady!
how amazing that your mom healed her kidney with cranberry juice - amazing.

hi d Nancy! waving '
hello

hi d twins enjoy your body work!

hello to everyone.

dh went to the dr. without telling me. He left when I was in the yard with the dogs. I hope he really tells the dr. the truth bc he thinks he is fine. He looks sick and sounds really bad with the wheezing.

dogs finally fell asleep
I exercised
and some other things.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:24 pm

My plan is for DS15 to graduate high school with transcript/diploma instead of taking GED.

He has presented a creditable case for not going to college/votech. He does not want to be at an inside office type job but wants to have freedom to move around and work with his hands. He is considering electrician, plumber, HVAC, welder, carpenter, mechanic type career.

If he decides on being an electrician then he needs to work 4 years (8,000 hours) in electrical construction work, with 4,000 hours being commercial/industrial work. Other states have different requirements If this is the career he chooses and pursues then he could potentially have unlimited electrical journeyman license before he is 21 years old.

There are lots of options available, but they need decisions made and commitment to follow through.

** 79 cards completed
** 3782 steps
** 7 hourly challenges completed and rewards collected.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:54 pm

Lady M> I have always bemoaned the fact that shop class was not available for girls back in the day.
Shop class has equipment that my dad a carpenter did not have at home like a lathe.
Dgd is taking shop! :mrgreen:
My other grand daughter took welding collage course of class got her certificate and works at a mill doing repairs for big bucks.
Met her s/o there.

I have been reading a journal from two years ago lots of grand kid interaction that year.
They are older now and not as much.
Got my steps in for this part of the day.
Sheets are in the dryer.

Blessed glad your hubby went to the dr. hopping they have an open honest frank discussion about his health stuff going on,
Dgson is dating a new friend that is a girl going to met parents next month. They met at 2 yr. collage.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”