"Monday Managed" PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: "Monday Managed" PWYC

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:56 pm

After a healthy brunch, HRH talked me into the idea of our ordering pizza for the boys to celebrate their day out of school. Sigh. It was fun to be with them but I certainly didn't feel great after the meal. There were some kind of breadstick dessert thingies. Oh well. And it would be on a day when the morning weigh-in saw me poised for a bit of a loss, perhaps.

Dd44 and I were treated to a viewing of dd25's wedding dress.

So, yes, Ramblin, she has purchased. She will have a fitting appointment with the shop at the 1.5-month pre-wedding moment. It is very simple, sleeveless, with reverse box-pleats at sides and back, so that the skirt poofs out from the waistline whether she decides on a crinoline or not.

lucylee

Re: "Monday Managed" PWYC

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:00 am

I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST LOST A LONG POST!!! My goodness!!!
I LOVE this new Chromebook, y'all... but it is sooo easy to hit the wrong key.

I'm not going to try to to repeat everything -- gosh... I wanted to tell Cathy and her dh I hope they are feeling better, and that blessed's dh feels better soon, and that I am sending (((BIG HUGS))) to LadyM for the periodontist appointment.
* Also 100% back you up on the finish high school goal, LadyM. Your ds may be right that college is not necessary -- my ds certainly hasn't used his degree (but I don't think he regrets the fact that he went to college. As Harriet noted, being married to an RN helps the situation at ds' house a lot, and ds is usually available for school pickup and ball practices, etc.) But these friends your ds has who have "no regrets" about quitting school -- who knows how they will feel five or ten years from now? (I'm assuming they are relatively close to his age. If they are older than ds, the same age as you and dh, well... that's surprising.)

Otherwise, I was going to say I've missed a lot this weekend -- College Town Fri/Sat, then dbil's birthday party yesterday afternoon plus all the other Sunday activity. Today, we have spent over 2 hours at the hospital with dh getting pre-registered and getting bloodwork and an EKG for the surgery Monday.
Since we got home, I have done two loads of laundry, contacted dbil and dfriends to sell basketball tickets for the Saturday after dh's surgery, and contacted two preacher friends to ask them to put dh on their prayer lists. One is dmom's pastor, who has been kinda special to me ever since my ddad died -- he and his wife were such a great help for dmom, and the other is a pastor friend from my old church who lives next door to dmom's rental house and was close to my dgrmother.

Can y'all bear another dgs story?
Yesterday was just a crazy day all around -- I was running late, dropped an earring and had to hunt all over the bathroom for it, (tiny diamond stud), and then I couldn't find my keys. By the time I got to church, I didn't know if I had set dh's alarm for AM or PM. :roll:
Got to church, late, dgrands were sitting together on the back row. DDIL wasn't going to church, having worked Saturday night, and ds was later than I was! Plus he had to be an usher, so didn't come into the sanctuary till later.
During the prayer... dgrands started making too much noise. DGD had this little activity bag that the church provides for children, but they are not cloth, they are some kind of vinyl something, and they "rattle" if you know what I mean. Finally, I turned around and made motions for dgs to MOVE... to go around the end of the pew and sit with ME.
DGS crawls UNDER the pew, in his little acolyte robe, and gets beside me, rattling the acolyte candle lighter thing as he goes. He had left it under the pew.
Now, sitting by me, he starts fidgeting with it. The bell/candle snuffer part FALLS OFF. Just falls off in his hand.
Keep in mind, dgs is a child who can break an anvil.
By this time, ds is in church and sitting with us, and after dgs keeps telling him that this was the ONLY candle lighter that wasn't jammed in the wick part... ds goes out himself to check the others and gets another one for dgs. I immediately put it OUT of his reach and dgs acts completely dumbfounded. He actually said, whispering to me (all this has of course been via whispered communication and hand signals) and dgs says, "I don't know WHY you are making such a big deal about this! WHY are you getting so worked up???"
I got so tickled at him I laughed till tears were flowing and of course I was stifling the laugh, and it was just kinda like that play, The Worst Christmas Play Ever, Acolyte Version.

Remember -- dgs has a tough time with this anyway -- pastor acts like she isn't fully confident he will do this correctly, and he is a little wild. Rather than sitting on the front row alone, as most acolytes do, he prefers to sit with us in our normal seat, second from the back. This also insures if he falls asleep after a late ballgame night, we can wake him up.
But dgs is a little wild. Two weeks ago, he extended the candlelighter as far as it would go, and he's leaving the altar with it about ten feet in the air. He had to lower it to get out the door into the vestibule. Shaking my head... :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”