Talk it through Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Talk it through Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:55 am

Remember to talk it through, whether you're talking to yourself or others!

Talking through something on my own is an excellent way to learn, understand, affirm actions. Talking it through with another prevents misunderstandings, like buying a lasagna at Costco when there's already two in the freezer already. :roll: And our little village presents a wonderful opportunity to talk it through via writing and listening.

What kind of things are you talking through today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Talk it through Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:14 am

our little village presents a wonderful opportunity to talk it through

I consider this to be invaluable.

Thank you for the feedback and perspective on DS15 decision to do dual enrollment and other educational decisions. I treasure the real-life experiences, suggestions, advice and perspectives.

My day is off to a good start. The first 2 hours were successful. Now my focus is on making this hour a success.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 am

I need to talk myself through some priorities today. Because dh was off work yesterday and it was a "holiday" I didn't do much except what I wanted. We heated up that lasagna for our supper last night and have leftovers for tonight. (Dh says he doesn't think his mouth will ever feel the same after this infection so he's still eating softer foods.)

I have my workout today at two and registration for a genealogy institute at one p.m. and dh is bowling tonight so I have a quiet evening.

I need to talk through my priorities. For today:
-register for institute
-workout
-bank to deposit last HOA check

It's the what else? that I have trouble with. Too many choices, not enough prioritizing!

LadyM, I agree with your insistence that he finish HS as a minimum. Although he undoubtedly has friends who have done well without it, he will have the discipline and base of knowledge that is required. My mother was embarrassed that she dropped out in WWII and was very proud to have completed the GED in the 1960s, but she always dreaded those questions about what HS she went to.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:48 am

Oh I don't think you want me to start talking - I will never stop 8-)

I too find our time together invaluable as well d lady!
yay on starting your day well! how wonderful

thank you d twins for starting us!
such a joy!

praying that your dh feels better soon!
I am so happy the last of the HOA checks came in.

hello dear everyone!!! may you have a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:55 am

I don't have priorities today.

I am just trying to stay consistent with my dailies, weeklies and zone work so that things don't fall apart.

Today is supposed to be bathroom work, outside work (if the weather does what it is supposed to do), garage.

I have things to do, but deep down I know that the jobs are what I made up and not a priority. I think I will pull a couple fun things to as I work.

Have a great day!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:48 am

Cathy - how are you feeling today?

Blessed - talk away! Thinking through priorities and decisions can be helpful not only to ourselves but others also. I can't put a number on the times that I have been educated, influenced, inspired and motivated by others.

Last night DS15 decided to do his homeschool lessons for today. He wanted to be free of school today, so this is his way of accomplishing that. I'm okay with it if he gets the assignments done BEFORE doing anything else.

My car keeps emailing me that its tires need to be rotated. Bossy little machine, isn't it?

I need some fresh salad items, the messed-up prescription is still waiting for me to pick up, and the car needs some attention so it can hush. It looks like a trip to the city needs to happen. This is the only day this week without appointments so logic says it should happen today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:59 am

Good morning! I had a rude awakening this morning. I fell back asleep after DH left, and I had turned off the alarms on my phone yesterday due to the holiday, so nothing woke me until I spontaneously woke up at 8:20. DC had math class at 9:00 at the community college 11 miles away! Amazingly, we got them there in time — to the college, if not to their classroom. Thank goodness it’s mostly highway driving.

So I have just now had a shower. I stopped and got breakfast and gassed the car on my way home. Then I sat a bit and finished the cocoa I’d gotten with breakfast. So here I am, finally s2s, bed made, and CPAP cleaned at almost 11! :shock: Now I will see if I have any payroll work. I took the holiday off yesterday.

I hope everyone has a good day!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm

ordered myself a Dewalt clipper - I always have had strong hands and arms but I noticed that I struggled with thicker branches etc.
I will call the physical therapy near me.
put away all the dog food and cat food cut up the boxes :D
changed the cat litter :D
tossed garbage and put recycling away :D
dh usually does this but he can't do it now. Keeping fingers crossed on his getting better.

I am planning (the best I can) to simplify again - Anything to make it easier on me.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:36 pm

d mystery - at least you woke up fast and you got there! I am sure you are very wide awake now! Glad it worked out! :D
have a great day!

d lady - yes I agree - I have learned so so much from all of you wise wonderful women!!! I used to use a timer so that I wouldn't talk peoples ear off - remember the little girl who said about me "put a nickel" (or it could have been a quarter - I can't remember anymore and I am counting on inflation)"and get a dollar out"! She was a little chatter box herself and I am sure she heard this from a family member. :D

good for you ds!

My car keeps emailing me that its tires need to be rotated. Bossy little machine, isn't it?
:lol:
---------------------------------------
have a great day!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:51 pm

I slept in a bit today.
Did qt & journal.
Got dressed to take trash to the curb.
Swept the kitchen.
Hat vits. etc.

As for the finishing high school question. I know someone a smart person that has struggled for nearly 20 years with the emotional repercussions of not doing that and did get a ged but got badgered and put downs for not being smart so some thing is to be said for the self esteem of getting that diploma with classmates and the Graduation ceremony. :idea: One other thing I got quite a bit of money at graduation too! :mrgreen:

I am glad I found diploma of the kids grand parents when I went through lh stuff. :mrgreen:

Thinking of what is next for me.

Return to “Post When You Can”