Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:31 am

What tasks have you been putting off thinking they would take too long, or were too hard to get started? Today's the day to bring those to the forefront and get busy! Even a start on those will often whittle the job down to size!

As Dee always said:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:05 am

Ramblin',
have fun at the party tonight!

Mystery, is your morning calmer? (smile)

Twins', I had missed reading that your dh was quite so worried about the infection and having to deal with soft foods. Hoping he feels better soon. Yay, Stampin' Up supplies.

blessed, how is your dh feeling? how's he sounding?

Kathryn is missed! Last time she posted, she said her back was holding up (good news) while caring for little dgs. She was headed to IKEA - that particular shopping trip is a bear for me. But maybe hers is closer to home and not such a football field inside.

Today is an early morning for me because dd goes to a studio today and will be an off-camera interviewer, asking her boss questions. So, she was planning to obsess about clothes, etc. So, I just got up early and helped obsess. Why fight it? lol. She is 90 percent sure she will never even be in a shot. Just erring on the side of caution.

My anti-procrastination will be actually trusting myself enough to be cutting into some fabric.

We hope ( ! ) the car will be ready to pick up today after its servicing. We had thought it would be yesterday. Tomorrow is a trip through tight city streets, so car is definitely the vehicle we want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:24 am

Anti-procrastination day! I have many candidates today:
-top off potted pansies with garden soil
-run the roomba
-HOA, finish accounting for January and accounts payable as of 12/31
-DAR supplemental - need to review it, get it signed, and mail it myself

I have a webinar to watch today at 11 a.m. on "Researching a Civil War Prisoner of War." I want to at least connect to another webinar tonight that a member of my discussion group is doing. I want to support her but at 7:30 most days I don't have the bandwidth for a webinar, I just want to collapse after dinner.

Our dinner is going to be flounder, a baked sweet potato and broccoli. Dh is still not eating anything chewy. Dentist's office has to do a mold for his crown apparently? That is Monday and then it's a couple of weeks before he gets the crown. This is really drawn out and he's tired of it. Meanwhile, eating anything chewy (chicken, steak, pork chop, etc.) is not recommended. :roll: (Harriet, still hurts him to chew and I'm running out of ideas for our suppers!)

I was up early this a.m. - woke up with my nose so stuffy I couldn't breath. Got up for nasal spray and meds, but didn't help so I got on up around six. So need to get on with the day! I wonder which anti-procrastination task I can finish? The HOA accounting is probably the worst - I never seem to get enough time to puzzle it all out and feel finished.

Off to finish a.m. routine. Maybe I'll finish by Harriet's "Crossroads of the Day" at ten a.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:25 am

If it's A/P day then I need to get going with some paperwork. UGH!

No idea what is for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:26 am

Well
Well
Well
Note to self....Never trust digital data. How many times over the years have I learned that lesson? More importantly. How many times have I learned that lesson but STILL get sloppy in protecting my data?
A combination of factors came together during the night with the result being I lost 8 days of data.

Changes I am implementing to make sure it doesn't happen again.
** Don't trust Autosave feature. It is old school hands-on saving file now.
** Don’t trust version history.
** Rename file on daily basis.
** Verify in file explorer

It is a hard lesson and isn't fun to go through these experiences mostly because I get frustrated that I could have prevented it from happening.
Ohs well. It is what it is.
I start again using an 8 day old file. I will never be able to completely recreate the data lost from the last 8 days but maybe I can remember the most important and recreate it. I can choose to throw my hands-up and quit or I can buckle down and do my best. I accept that my best effort to recreate the data from the past 8 days will not be perfect. I have high hopes with low expectations.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:33 am

good morning!!!

I tend to need sounds of birds/spring/summer/water every February and March first thing in the morning when it's just bit cold or dreary out. This mornings back ground noise this morning : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdfJcN-yBIE

I checked the sunrise schedule for today and I saw that the sunrise is one minute earlier each day since the beginning of February and will continue so until June. I thought that was rather neat.

hello d ones!

hi d twins - thank you for starting us.
Thank you for such a good reminder!!!
you have a big day - I hope you enjoy your webinar!

hi d harriet - I love working with fabric - have fun!!! hoping you have a nice fixed car ready for pick up today!

Yes I miss d Kathryn as well! hello Kathryn! Harmony as well!

The good with dh - He sounds the same but looks so much better - not great but better. thank you!!! the fact that his oxygen level is 99% is very hopeful for me. He said he is extremely congested in the morning but once he is up he is starting to feel better. I will see if he sleeps in his chair all day. His eyes are no longer red and droopy and I can see him instead of the illness.

hello d cathy happy anti procrastination day to you too!

hi d lady - sorry you lost 8 days of data!
praying that you don't have to deal with that again.

have a wonderful day everyone!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 am

for some reason we are supposed to hit 63 - for my area it should be 55 instead - it's always colder out this way in the winter - it's warmer by the lake and in the summer it is cooler by the lake and hotter here.

I am going to start my day without paperwork - pushing that to tomorrow.

have a great day everyone.

starting my timer soon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 am

this came up on my feed today - I wonder if it's trying to stop my procrastination 8-)

"people romanticize their plans but dread the execution. The magic you're looking for is in the work your avoiding"
One Fit Widow

I think this was a reminder to stop raising chickens on paper. :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:02 pm

So far so good. I've finished a.m. routine and have the Roomba going. That's an easy one.

I'm signed in and waiting for webinar to start. I've been researching getting a travel CPAP for trip in April to Europe when we'll be away 17 days. Need dr's office to call me back this afternoon re getting prescription to order it online. I'll have to pay out of pocket, but it's worth it not to have to lug it around.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:07 pm

Slept ok up on time at six today.
I have done some of wt & journaling bujo & RBR stuff.
One wet mop floor awaits.
One phone call too.
Desk Duty ~ sigh
:idea:
I need to look up paperwork and do some research on a word I was not familiar for deed.
Was sort of stressing over that then remembered I had siri & google for help.
Some other papers to round up for prop. tax info. as well. Done yea!
Could save on half of $ that bc I'm a sr. cit. we will see.
One bag to donate when I do that as well.

Bfast not yet. X
Yea sun is trying to peek through.
I was excited for using my craft tote today with my planners in it
but that was short lived now back to other stuff.
Glad I cleaned up the kitchen last night & dumped trash one bright spot in my day helped! Yea!
One thing at a time I can do this!
Remembering to set up small rewards like make the call then have bfast. x
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”