Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:21 am

Thanks, Harriet -- dh and I will both look great with our new haircuts at the hospital, right? (Seriously, you shouldn't be able to tell that we've had more than a slight trim.)
You know what? My maternal grandmother ALSO called Every Night at suppertime. We could almost set our clocks by it. And the obvious question -- why not just eat earlier or later? I guess our supper time was ruled by my dad's arrival home from work? I don't know.
I bet your dgd is over the moon about the new chicks!
And yes, jonquils are blooming here. Everywhere except MY house. I cannot have jonquils. My yard man has mowed them down too early Every Single Time. I have given up on them. First... I planted them carelessly, and some are probably upside down, but I really loved them. The majority were here at our home site when we built, and knowing that my dmom's aunt lived here at one time made them even more sentimental. Then a few others came from a historical home in our county, where they have a plant sale every year from plants that have been there since the Civil War.

LadyM -- I am sooo sorry about the loss of the data! I certainly can imagine what you felt like when you discovered what had happened. I imagine it was much like I felt when the computer came back missing everything. Whew.

Blessed, I am so glad your dmom has some extra help! So good to have some relief for your dd.

I am missing Kathryn and Harmony too! Has anyone heard ANYTHING from Harmony??? SUNNY??? Is there ANY update?

Cathy's pork chops sound good.

Glad you enjoyed the webinar, Twins.

Looks like you've been busy, Nancy -- WTG!

Waving to EVERYONE!!!

Well, I didn't realize it was anti-procrastination day, but I have been productive. Finished the last load of laundry... straightened up in dgrands' room... finished whb vacuuming... finished cleaning the bathrooms... went to church.
The only thing on my list (cards?) that I didn't do was whb dusting. I feel like I am sorta in something similar to "nesting" mode -- I seem to want the house all clean and everything DONE before dh goes to the hospital. Part of that is because as long as HE is in the hospital, I am in the hospital. He does NOT want me to leave him for more than 10 minutes, I'm sure. He just gets panicky if he is alone in a hospital room. Also, I guess I'm thinking, it could be possible that someone will want to visit when he's back home... so, another reason to have everything in order.

Oh -- I also have not contacted my gynecologist's office. He is retiring. I guess I am going to take my ddil's recommendation and start going to the lady that she uses. This woman has excellent reviews on FB, and ddil loves her. I've never used a woman doctor before, but there may be advantages to having a woman in this situation, although I'm sure she's a lot younger than me. That's the main reason I would choose her over dmom's doctor who is in the same office. Dmom loves him, but he is probably close to my age... so... close to retirement age himself. Sigh.

And you know, something -- a hidden blessing, perhaps, in all this -- is that in times of trouble like this, you find out that some some people care, whom you would never have thought of. Tonight, one of dh's former football teammates messaged me on FB and asked what time would the surgery be. He said he and two other men wanted to come over and just be there with us. DH often, like myself, thinks he doesn't have a big circle of friends. We never, ever socialize with other couples, we don't belong to the Sunday School class or other small groups at church, and since dh got so down with arthritis, he never plays golf anymore, so that socialization group is out. But he does eat lunch once a month or so with these high school football buddies. He's not super-super close to any of them, but I guess they were some of his closest friends growing up.
I told this guy, we really appreciated it, and I would let him know when the hospital lets us know the time, but if it was "early-early" I did not want them to think they had to rush over or anything. He said, thanks, that dh just means a lot to each of them, and they want to be there to support us with their prayers and presence.
DH was just kinda amazed, and it kinda makes him nervous, as he said, "to have people going out of their way" on his account. I can understand that, and told him I would feel exactly the same way -- but it is awfully nice to know other people care.

I have not put this on fb or anything -- aside from family, and not ALL of them, I have only told 4 of my closest friends, (2 of them I only told today), and I told the two pastors I am close to, along with our pastor of course. DH has been on our prayer list since before Christmas, but not everyone at church is aware of why -- and he told his chiropractor, who put him on their prayer list. Of course, dh did tell the football lunch bunch the last time they met, and our Wednesday night group knows (but there is only dh, ds, me, and three other ladies in this group.) From there -- well, it's a small town, what can I say? The people at the drug store now know, my dfriend's bil asked me yesterday when I was at the teacher group meeting (he works at the church where we meet), the pastor there overheard and said he'd put him on their prayer list, and I told the teacher group. DH really appreciates everyone's prayers and concern, he just doesn't want to put anyone out.

Anyway... we're winding down to D-day... and I'll be glad when it's all over. Just praying dh does well in surgery, no complications, no cancer, and an easy recovery.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”