Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:31 pm

That's an easy one.

My favorite kind. I try to make all my cards easy so I don't have resistance to doing them. I daisy chain some of the cards together so i can easily complete a set of them. I think P&P suggested putting many tasks together on one card but that sets off my resistance factor. The end result is the same in grouping cards so IMHO whatever works.
48 cards completed so far today. All 48 of the cards are easy so I can go quickly through them. :)

I have been thinking about how to organize important paperwork. I've tried several methods without finding the one that fits my needs.
Needs =
** ability to find & retrieve paperwork in under a minute
** Portable. Need to be able to grab and go in emergency. Tornado. Relocation.
** Waterproof. Wet damaged important papers are almost useless.
** Fire protection.
** Organized so they are easily understood by others. Someday our kids/grandkids will be going through our papers looking for the important ones.
** Storage location is still being considered with pro/cons of each place. I'll decide that after getting the papers organized.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:38 pm

I am tickled pink - we have someone to make sure mom has her meds and food on Wednesday. Her usual nurse has so sweetly offered to do Tuesday and Thursday so mom is covered so that dd can leave for her conference in Boca. I am relieved.

dd older leaves tomorrow to spend time with d mom and dd younger. dd younger said she needs a break. Mom suddenly has had trouble recognizing morning and evening. (mostly after a nap) When dd older goes then she should be better for a bit. It's like she feels she needs to take care of dd older and go out touristing
She also asked dd younger if it was 1957 - thank goodness we all tell her the date but smile. She is pretty adorable in these moments - her other moments aren't so sweet but mostly it's pretty good. (a little demanding at times to dd younger).

Their elevator has had days of not working and days of working. Hopefully next week, when the nurses come for mom, the elevators are working.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:42 pm

hello d lady
making the cards easy is a great idea!

hi d Nancy - hope your desk duty isn't as rough as it sounds.
You have got this -
yay on cleaning your kitchen last night! It must have been wonderful this morning

hi d twins yay on your work this morning!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I had the lawn/tree guy come and I hired him to do our grass this spring/summer/fall.
He also is going to trim my apple trees for cheap -
it was nice talking to him and he answered lots of questions for me.

Lunch plans: black bean wrap.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:00 pm

I was brave. I cut irreplaceable fabric. :shock: This has actually been an article topic in sewing magazines for decades - the anxiety that you could made a math or visual error and never be able to get more of the fabric. I don't think this is 100 percent irreplaceable - I've seen et sy sellers from Europe had it but that was 2023. Still, I'd hate to chance it. I did make one error on something I could just move over to the next group that requires smaller pieces and it will be good to go.

So, LadyM, I truly feel for you in that anxiety of holding your breath saying, I didn't really lose that, did I? Soooo sorry. Can you look back through any posts here and get clues? In some situations that has helped for me.

I've safety pinned notes onto everything I've done today, so that the mental work it's "saved" as LadyM is advising, but in very old-school ways, lol. I made this into stacks and sorted into my trusty tray in order of next-use. a couple hours of work - time to rest the back.

I have a cat at my elbow. Is it noon???? Yes, he's right, 11:59. He and I need a meal and a sit-down.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:50 pm

I have done some desk duty steps.
Rounded up papers first step is done.
Swished bathrooms
mopped.
Mail is ready to fetch If I have any it was the bill I just paid. :mrgreen:
dressed to slippers shoes on first.x
Walked.

One month till spring!!!! :mrgreen:
Rain got to see a double rainbow twice this afternoon!
Had dinner & washed and put away the dishes.
Did a small section of knitting.
More rain showers have stopped again now.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:51 pm

Webinar is over, I always enjoy this speaker, I don't usually sign up for the webinars from this genealogical society. He did mention a few other resources that I wasn't familiar with.

I decided to start listening to a recorded webinar that's I've been putting off. I'm going to listen and see how far I can get with it while looking over some accounting stuff. Needed to turn the sound up, the Roomba is now working nearby.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:56 pm

I was excited

I am tickled pink

I was brave.

There are some very good vibes and things happening in the village today.

I'm making progress on getting digital data updated from the 8 day loss. It will take time to sort out. I do remember that one of the vital important tasks I did was going through DH prescription meds. I will tackle recreating the digital data for that next.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:17 pm

Supper update.

The last half of the cabbage, boiled. (Request from dh.)

The leftover pork chop in gravy is being reheated for dh. Plus I am cooking 3 New Orleans flavoured sausages for dh as well.

Mac and cheese from a box also requested by dh because sometimes I just run out of ideas.

Keeping up on pots and pans really helps. Dishwasher has been getting used almost every night and reloaded the next morning. Doing this has been giving me so much time to sit and read. Which is better than doing paperwork, although I will be seeing the accountant tomorrow to sign some estate paperwork so we can wrap up dh's uncles estate with the tax department.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:37 pm

DgdC called and she has new chicks. I guess their family decided to make decisions early this year. It should be too cold, but, well, it's not. So... maybe they chose correctly. These will live in the garage indefinitely, anyway, protected. HRH and I will likely go over tomorrow when dgdC gets home from her class play rehearsal, to see the little peepers.

Btw, jonquils are tall here. Not just up, but tall and blooming. It's just such a surprise. Will snakes be crawling next? Perhaps the little blue lizards want to come on out and sun themselves. :?

Thank you for pulling out those short quotes, LadyM!

blessed, I am tickled FOR you. This is something very helpful and could ease minds.
Thanks for the youtube of birdsong. I realize it is on a loop, of course, but I believe there must be a mockingbird, at least in part, to have so many non-repetitive songs ♪ ♫ so close together at about the same decibel level. Lovely.

HRH picked up the car, so we're set for driving the convenient vehicle tomorrow.

i've S2Sed so I won't have to be in the way of either dd or HRH in the a.m.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 pm

Oh, good grief. I thought by getting out of the way of the shower procession in the morning I'd fixed any problems. Now HRH and dd are arguing over who will be more helpful and get up even earlier than they need or should, in order to give the other the shower more conveniently. Sigh. It's like "After YOU", then "No, after YOU." Wasn't that a comedy sketch from the Disney chipmunks, Chip and Dale?

Oh, btw, blessed, I did get to watch David Tennant, Michael Sheen and the puppy in the comedy sketch the other day for the BAFTA awards. It's on yt now. Dame Judy Dench, too. Low-key ironic comedy, but very good.

lucylee, that's nice you only have haircuts on the agenda tomorrow. Funny about always calling your mother just as she sits to eat. I think I do that to dd44.

Return to “Post When You Can”