A Thumbs-Up Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

A Thumbs-Up Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:48 am

Thursday's here!
Hoping we find things to approve; that make us feel positive.
As much as we can direct it, let's get Thursday to add to our plans and move our week along in the direction we (and our households) need!

By the end of the day, hoping we can confirm : our Thursday deserves a "Thumbs Up!".

Twins' Mom

Re: A Thumbs-Up Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:14 am

Thumbs up! Up and about, breakfast done, a.m. routine underway. Although, not an early start like yesterday, thankfully.

I only have a workout today. Our supper plans last night were ditched. Dh got home and I hadn't started yet - I had been distracted and lost track of the time and he had skipped lunch and was ravenous. So we went out to a nearby restaurant. I'm not high on this restaurant - it's expensive for what one gets and I'm not crazy about the menu. But we ate out and I still have the fish, baked sweet potato and fruit for tonight.

I tuned in to the webinar last night but didn't actively engage with it. I can rewatch it but my mind was done by 8 p.m. This was on using Word to format and shortcuts like auto formatting citations and having a stored template for charts. These things will be useful. So I did three webinars yesterday and need to start that spreadsheet with a listing so I can fill out that form next year instead of estimating.

Need to be moving!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:45 am

I was up at 4:45 today went to bed early I was done at nine turned in then, turned off phone at nine thirty and zonked out.
Good dreams of poser full engines.
Have done most of my planning stuff except for my brain dump for healing pages.
I have my bujo page of tasks for the day written down.
Moon was lovely when I got up now it is foggy probably from all the rain.
I want to look up what makes a double rain bow as we had em a couple times yesterday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:58 am

Thumbs up so far today. Three hourly challenges accepted, completed, and rewards enjoyed.

Early this morning I evicted from our home the HUGE metal container of flavored popcorn. A friend gave it to DS15 a couple days ago but it has proven to be quite a tasty temptation for me. After failing to resist eating the carmel popcorn I decided that it was time for action. It is either me or the popcorn. One of us is leaving the house today. I vote for the popcorn to go. DS15 can relocate it to his shop if he chooses. He usually has 1-6 teenagers in the shop with him each evening so I expect they could make the popcorn disappear quickly. I don't care where it goes as long as it doesn't go into my body.

Today has 2 trips to the city. We couldn't get the tires rotated until today so that will happen at noon. Then DD12 has appt with her counselor at 5:30. While in the city second trip I want to get DD12 in a body/bath shop for her to select some body wash of her choosing. Maybe some shampoo with a good scent that she likes also. FACT: even with daily showers teenagers smell.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:57 am

A happy good day to all of you!!!
Thank you d harriet for starting us!!!

hello d twins

hello d harriet

hello d Nancy

hello d lady

hello d everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:01 pm

Yesterday I had to stop everything as had blood sugar issues. I took a nap which like doing (unless it's a cozy Sunday).
I feel better today and hoping my sugars don't do that to me again. Hot flash and light headed yesterday.

I had so wanted to work outside!

I feel better this morning and dh is making progress - his breathing is better - I am taking dh's health one day at a time!
He didn't struggle last night with breathing as he had for the last few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egitXpClImA todays spring listening.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:40 pm

Got the journal stuff handled.
Did mix up rolls they are raising now.
Steps good for this part of my day yea!
Dressed to slippers
Declaw paper tiger on one desk / one pile tossed of notes no longer needed. yea!!!
Did some arm workout with wts. it's foggy out today.
At&t phones are having tech. issues I am seeing they are working on it.
Next three:
Paint basket with next coat
vac. bedrooms x
Dust something. x
call back to get ins. to stop calling about an option I am not wanting x = done yea!
More decluttering paper sorting happening now.
[ I was pleasant to the representative. ]
Watching
Foam Roller Exercises two people were talking about this in the past week so I decided to check it out.

Good for a self body massage & I have two yoga matts I can use for it. Dd uses a towel. Have any of you done this?

Waving to all!
It is my writing day thinking on that...
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:06 pm

going my way? thumbs out for others going on their home adventures.

one hour done - yay!
hello d Nancy

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:02 pm

bw2, so sorry you had blood sugar issues yesterday. Was there a reason for it to go crazy? (I know sometimes it just happens....)

Nancy, for rolling you can purchase a big hard foam roller, but my massage therapist also recommends using a pool noodle, also a small basketball. Both of those work well and are inexpensive to try it out. I often use the small basket ball for my gluteals (i.e. butt) by trapping it against the arm of the couch and rolling against it.

I'm with you on getting things out of the house LadyM. Dh brought me home a small box of Valentine candy last week - he asked the other day if I had eaten it all. I had eaten some, but then put the rest in the trash and took it to the garage. I didn't need it around. I sometimes send desserts to Dh's office for them to deal with, too.

I've been productive. I finished the HOA accounting for the 2023 year and produced financial statements for the board, and for our annual meeting later this year. I know that the other treasurer had this so together it didn't take near the time I've poured into it, but I'm just doing it my way. Working with Quickbooks hasn't been fun for me but I guess I'm beginning to understand it better.

I also started a spreadsheet of continuing education webinars and courses and pinned it in Microsoft explorer so I see it often. I have my weight spreadsheet and a step spreadsheet pinned also.

I've checked off a lot of what I had on my OMM list this week. Still more that I haven't checked off, but productive week. Tomorrow I need to be at the car dealership at 9 a.m. to get them to check A/C. No idea how long that will be so I'll take my laptop so I have things I can work on.

RR, so pleased your DAR application was submitted. The registrars can follow it through the process - I think they can "see" online what the arrival date was for applications being reviewed currently, so you'll know when yours is getting close.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:54 pm

nope - I just ate badly for the last week and the night before. I try to convince myself that it's okay to have things that I know will hurt me.

yay on being productive - can you send some my way d twins!

d Nancy - cheering you on as you do a great job!

another hour down but not much accomplished - I did go through things for trash and donation - I started emptying the hall closet - I want that simplified.

dd older flew out at 11 am for Florida - dd younger is thrilled - she needs a break.

Return to “Post When You Can”