A Thumbs-Up Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: A Thumbs-Up Thursday

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:43 pm

I had a busy morning and got things done!! Saw the accountant, took myself out for lunch and stopped at Costco for underwear for dh.

I called dh twice while I was out and no answer either time. Zipped home and discovered he was in bed sleeping. Asked if we needed milk or eggs and he said yes to both, so I had to go out again. One of his errands this morning was to go pick up eggs at the farm we always go to. They were out of eggs, but he didn't pick any up at a store on the way home. (Grrr... plus he knew we needed milk...) So I had to go back out to get milk and eggs. Sigh.

Supper tonight will be meatloaf and a box of mashed potatoes. Some sort of veggie.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:28 pm

spent the last hour in the garage - got rid of wood that I had planned to use for making a swing. I decided it has been 6 years and I don't want to keep thinking about the perfect time and tools that I would need to finish this project. dd's won't be happy but it feels like a weight has been lifted off of me. I have one more piece of wood to take care of.

The weather is supposed to get cold again.. I am trying to decide to continue working outside or work on dailies and put away.
I will bring up the st. Patricks day stuff.

I also cut up a bunch of branches with my new dewalt clipper - it's a dangerous tool but it works really well. ( I put the animals away)
I put out the compost bin and a bunch of branches for tomorrow. all the recycling is out there too.
I went through closets - found some trash and one donation.

I could work some more outside but I think I might play with the dogs, exercise, and work inside

dd older landed.

dh has been sleeping in his chair most of the day - he went to the grocery store, put the one garbage can out,, ate some lunch, and was asleep in no time.

hello again
hi d cathy sorry you have to go out again!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:47 pm

I'm been making good progress on cards today in between doing non card tasks.

** 97 cards completed
** electrolytes mixed and 62 individual daily containers filled. 31 for DH. 31 for me.
** 5 lbs of hamburger and sausage cooked. It was portioned into 5 bags with a couple in the refrigerator and others into the freezer
** 4 bags of shredded cabbage measured and put into the freezer.
** 5 bags of fresh spinach weighed, packaged and put into the freezer
Having these ready-to-use vegetables and meat makes preparing meals quicker.

Most of these non card tasks are mindless, so I watch shows while doing them. I caught up on my favorite yt channels.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:52 pm

We have had lunch & I did up the dishes.
Then we walked.
It's a luvely sunny day out 8-) today here.
The maple trees are starting to bud and my allergies are beginning to act up a bit.
Rolls are in the pan and rising now & later... turned out great!

I had chili for my dinner then cleaned up the kitchen.
While I was doing kit. duty all but one of my books showed up I was surprised yea!
So fun to have them show up and me be surprised.
I'd been reading the one that came in the us mail earler in the day.
Did some more dusting and glad to have most of that done now.
Today went by rather fast.
I could hear workers down the way on a driveway during that day.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:57 pm

Very grateful that THIS SITE allowed me to look up posts from me about a long-ago medical procedure and go to new Dr with exact dates and info. That helped me a bunch. They say the date was before electronic medical records were kept, so they had trouble piecing together. Today were two ordinary appts but I will need a scan in July to keep my thyroid monitoring up to date, not because there's any trouble. Another long morning comes up again in April. I do like having less and less going on.

There is another "maybe" house for dd and the young man. This one getting close to reality. There is one thing wrong with it - 45-minute drive from here. Sigh. It is neat as a pin, clean, small but 2 baths, and oddly has a large, detached garage, something that was not on the wish list. A bit of a red flag with attitude of one neighbor. Otherwise, pleasant. Needs flowers, of course.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:13 pm

I had a really good workout, and worked out together with the woman who works out at the same time. I know her slightly - she's a member of our congregation - and it was a great workout and enjoyable and I'm tired.

I need to head out with ddog to walk her. We have rain coming in but should be okay if I walk pretty soon. Dh called earlier and is having a drink with a client but will be home for supper a little later. So I have extra time before I need to start prep.

Better get on with the walk. I'm just sitting here kind of comatose.

--------------
Back from walk, above didn't post because Nancy and LadyM had posted.

LadyM, is the cabbage for soup?

Nancy, IKWYM about things blooming and the pollen. It's gotten to my eyes today.

Ah Harriet, so sorry it's so far away!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:24 pm

d harriet - I am so glad that your found the information!!! wonderful!

Praying that a nice house is for sale closer to you!

yay on the good work out d twins!
enjoy some time while your dh is out

hi d Nancy sorry your allergies are acting up!

hi d lady yay on your progress!

hi d all.
dh slept all day but he did pull his car back into the garage after I worked out there.

I lost focus for a bit! Now I am struggling to focus on dailies

dinner eaten and cleaned up after
sink cleaned
counters cleaned
cut up apples for the dehydrator
did some bills

5:55 listened to a bit of Call the Midwife. while I emptied the dishes.
swept the kitchen
dh has sat in the front room all day :( except when he went to the grocery store. He does sound better though.
hoping to watch Miss Fischer's mysteries at 7 pm.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:05 pm

Sitting in waiting room while DD12 is with her counselor. Im pleased with the direction DD12 is emotional growing. Although she is weeks away from being a teenager and that attitude is starting to show up. Even that nonsense is pleasing to me because it is normal teenage confidence and eagerness to take on the world.

We made the 45 minute drive here and had time to shop before her appointment. One minute she acts like a teenager and then she slides into little girl mode wanting more stuffies. One minute i am in parenting Mom mode and the next moment I slide into Nana mode and she gets stuffies just because it is fun to treat her.

Subway is feeding the family tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:14 pm

Was able to go to see dgdC's baby chicks. Ddil found a mini-brooder, electric, that lets them scoot underneath. So cute. They have two kinds. I was able to tell them a little about the sexlink (one breed mom and another breed dad) ones, but the others are Buff Orpingtons, which ds has known well his whole life.

Their Aunt dd25 got home from work just after, and was able to ooooh and ahhhh over them, too. She asked dgdC to be her flower girl, and this is just a delight to a little girl. So, happy all 'round.

She also showed her big brother photos of the likely house. The young man will still be fixer-upper-ing even though the house doesn't need much, and wants to remodel the large garage so that half of it is an art studio, mostly for dd. He is more of a graphic designer and videographer, so he needs a computer room in the house.

Still can't figure out how we'll see them much. I really have started thinking about some flowers for the front of the house, at least.

Need to follow Cathy to the grocery tomorrow, but higher priority will be getting the truck back from service, where it was inspected... late. HRH was mortified about that and is convinced we'll be fined or something. No. You have a grace period (ask me how I know). But I need to let him calm down about that, so service dept it is. If we feel we do have some time while out, maybe the grocery for a few things.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:24 am

I think it was a "Thumbs Up" day around here, with a lot of events that moved us along well.

So nice to see doctor's offices in the rearview mirror. So nice to see little chicks arrive. Wedding plans getting set and ddil and dd talking like conspirators in whispers, lol. Our green-eyed boy has a new (gorgeous) baseball bat. Household chores still getting done, although late. Vehicles getting up-to-date with inspection - oh, and a slow leak patched in a tire is a relief, plus knowing that brakes look good.

Dd25 broke the potential distant house news to her Dad and he was unhappy at first but has tried to find good things about the house. He made supper tonight, spaghetti.

Last thing today I did a load of laundry since we were away through most of the day. Have folded that.

HRH was advocating for WMart, but I decided to drop in to a different grocery (HT, likely) tomorrow after dropping him off to pick up the truck. WMart just doesn't have some things, especially produce. Their greens are very limited. Their mushrooms even more so. Sometimes the prices are better, but not always. The only sodas I am having in 2024 are the no-calorie ones sweetened with stevia or other natural sweeteners, and that has been important to me this year. But WMart has the highest prices on those. At HT, I can get them way cheaper.

lucylee, that's great that some of your dh's friends want to be around on the surgery day. It's no big deal, really, for someone to do that, but it is meaningful. You yourself may really appreciate it.

Return to “Post When You Can”