Wake up - it's FRIDAY!!!! PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wake up - it's FRIDAY!!!! PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:49 pm

I am so happy you got good test results d lady!

d twins too funny that you had dry rot on your tires - lol I have never heard that before.
Hope the a/c won't be too expensive
so happy you are enjoying your time with your genealogy!

hi d lady it is fun to dream!

hi d Nancy
yay on getting your new books especially for your free day!

hello dear everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:34 pm

Just feeling frustrated at this point. I have been trying to get info from sleep doc - I need a copy of my script and I wanted to ask if they have recommendations for a travel CPAP but I keep getting the run around. And they're closed this afternoon so I left another message. Even if they can't recommend machines I need my script to order online. The local place doesn't handle them. :twisted:

On that note, I'm skipping the 2 p.m. webinar and napping. Whoops, looks like Instacart order will be here a little after two. I'll set an alarm for 30 min. Maybe that will be enough to improve my mood.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:52 pm

CI / Have read a chapter in two of my new writing books.
The last book came today instead of Tues. yea!
Got my step quota up to where I need / want it to be yea!
Walked in the basement & out to the mail box helped.
Had my bfast / brunch.

Walked
did some yarn crafting.
Picked up the back yard.

Did some more reading and got a few notes on a diff. book.
Set up the lawn chair out front.
Sat for a few min in the sun.
I will need to go move it wind in the forecast this weekend.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:29 pm

I hope you get an answer from your sleep dr. d twins.

yay on getting another book
d Nancy

hi everyone...

I had to go to the apple store to pick up new cords.

I can't believe how fast the day has gone and chores are piling up!
I didn't do the dishes after setting up meals - :shock: I came home and left again.
where is this time going?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:02 pm

I think I'm just in a foul mood this afternoon. Dh didn't ask before he invited A and V over - he says it was implied that he was inviting them. This isn't the first time and I'm just not happy, but can't even complain to V because then she will think we don't want to see them and we do. And I'm sick of lasagna, which dh wants to eat because he teeth hurt. V said she offered to bring spaghetti but he probably thought that was too many carbs?

Anyway, I'm hoping to do some research tomorrow. Also need to finish reviewing that darn DAR supplemental application. I can never get all the way through it in one sitting and I find myself reviewing it over and over again in the low generations just to get up to speed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:14 pm

DH said his CPAP mask broke last night and he rigged it to get by until he could get a new one next week. Instead of waiting I made some phone calls and arraigned for DH to get a new mask today. It required another trip to the city but we got it done.

Two medical appts in the same day have played havoc with my hourly challenges. It happens like that some days.

Taco Bell feed the family tonight. I was shocked tacos and quesadillas cost over $60. I could have easily made them at home for 1/4th of that price with higher quality ingredients. Ohs well.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:38 pm

Waking up is NOT my favorite subject at the moment.
We have to be at the hospital Monday morning at 5:15 a.m.!!! :!: EEEEK! I told my aunt today, I didn't know there were two of those in the day, LOL!

I need to call my other aunt too... she fell yesterday and had to have her grandson come help her up. She went to the ER then, and today, to the orthopedic doctor. Apparently, nothing is broken, but maybe something pulled or strained. They are sending her to out-patient physical therapy for a few weeks.

DH and I went to next town and picked up our income tax stuff from the accountant. He ate at the "greasy spoon" hamburger place that he likes and I ate at Chick-Fil-A.
(Have I asked before -- are any of you familiar with this particular kind of hamburger? I always call it a "greasy spoon," because it IS greasy, but the other distinguishing feature is that these burgers are mixed with bread -- just plain loaf bread, I think. I think they originated in the Depression era, as a way to stretch the meat further. The one in our town and the one in Next Town just mix bread and regular hamburger, but there is one fairly close by that is known for mixing pork sausage and ground beef with bread. There's one that's fairly "famous" in MS, but I don't know if they exist all across the country or it's a regional thing.)
I spent a LONG time on the phone with other aunt. She feels kinda out of the loop sometimes too. So we talked, then I helped dh with his meds for the next week, and then I got on the computer for awhile -- updated his meds, did my teacher group notes and email, sent message to pastor and to dh's friend who wants to come for surgery, and talked to ds and dbil.
Still need to call dh's cousin, who wanted to know surgery updates, and I really should call my dmom, but I'm kinda exhausted now.

DH -- on pins and needles. He was about to go out and drive around, then decided he'd wait till ds came by to drop off dgd. DS and dgd have been to the Daddy-Daughter Dance and are now eating supper at the local steak house.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:11 pm

lucylee, it must be Daddy-daughter dance time. Our local elementary had it tonight. Ds and dgdC attended. Ddil took a boatload of photos.

Today was Errand Day. I dropped HRH off at the dealership to pick up the truck from the service dept. I headed out to:
Pharmacy 1
Pharmacy 3
Grocery HT for much bigger shopping trip than I'd planned.

Certainly had to wait on one of the pharmacies.
Then learned that this grocery now expects .75 cents if you ask for cash back, unless it is $100 or more. Won't be doing that again. Otherwise, very pleased with shopping trip. They had great produce. Cara-Cara pink oranges, too.

Home again to put all away.
More laundry.
More dishes.

Supper was broccoli and Rotel in a recipe with vegan mac and cheese. This was the Kraft product and I couldn't tell the difference in a recipe.

So glad blessed's dh is getting well and sleeping.

Missing Kathryn and hoping her back is not causing concern.

Return to “Post When You Can”