Wake up - it's FRIDAY!!!! PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Wake up - it's FRIDAY!!!! PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:21 am

Good morning!

it's Friday, hard to believe
Let me spoil you and treat you like a queen!

I have flowers on the table and the table is set.
I have croissants and baguettes
Softened butter, jam and jellies
There is coffee or tea, a cold pitcher of water and a beautiful breakfast made exactly the way you love.

The sun is shining and the house is quiet - I told everyone to let you have this moment just for you!
Breath in - it's a new day - such a joy!
------------------------------------------

Poem I found:

It’s finally Friday – I’m so glad.
It’s been a crazy week.
I got chewed out on Monday,
and since then it’s all been bleak.

I lost my lunch on Tuesday
and a parent went insane,
which shocked me so completely
that I almost popped a vein.

I poked my eye on Wednesday,
and the nurse gave me a shot.
She sent me to the doctor
when I fainted on the spot.

On Thursday I was tardy
‘cause I kinda overslept.
And the snack that I was craving
came up missing in a theft.

And so it’s finally Friday.
No more pencils, no more books.
No more sitting in detention,
no more teachers’ dirty looks.

By Friday I’m exhausted,
out of energy and breath.
But that’s the day you’ll hear me shout,
“Rejoice, T-G-I-F!”

And twice a month on Friday,
I remember why I stay:
You see, I am the principal –
that’s when I get my pay.

— Paul Orshoski
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Wake up - it's FRIDAY!!!! PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:46 am

dh sounds so much better - he actually slept last night!
I have been up for awhile and it's time to start.

I have an appointment with older d dog at 10:15 am.

have a wonderful day!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:03 am

LOL, Bw2! What a start and thank you for the big laugh!

I'm at the Honda dealership and they're looking at my A/C. Probably an expensive repair but it's still cheaper than a new car. Mine is seven years old this month and I just crossed over to 60K a few weeks ago. (Remember I recently had to replace tires because they were dry-rotting.) :lol: :lol:

I flew out of the house this morning, left at 20 'til nine. Millie only got a one lap walk but that will have to do. I didn't make the bed yet, I was wanting to strip it and wash sheets but ddog was on the bed, and I didn't want her to start agitating for her walk until I was ready. So I didn't disturb her. :lol:

So glad your dh is feeling better, bw2!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:25 am

Good morning

Blessed - Thank you for the start.

I had every intention of sleeping in this morning, but my body insisted 8hr sleep was enough. I couldn't make myself lie in bed any longer. I was outside in the garden before the sun came up. Being a natural morning lark is not always in my plan but there is always joy in watching the sunrise.

I have a doctor appt this morning. Once I get that accomplished then i will have a clear schedule for the rest of the day.

Yesterday DS15 thanked me for setting up his cards. He likes the routine of doing his cards early in the day and then being free from chores the rest of the day. #Life Skills

I planned my meals for the day and entered into cronometer so I can check the nutrition targets. I tweaked them a little bit until every Macronutrient, mineral and vitamin hit my goals. Now the game begins. How close can I follow my plan?

Twins - hopefully the repair will be minimum.

I keep changing my mind on getting a different vehicle. The one I have is 9 years old with over 100k miles but runs perfectly without any problems. To me a vehicle is just a tool. I know it won't last forever but at what point do I switch to a different tool? Last week I parked next to a Tesla and was intrigued by its unique interior. I walked around the car looking at the 15" screen and glass roof. The owner of the Tesla was exiting the store and saw me. He offered to let me get inside the car and explained several of his favorite features. I have to admit I loved it, was fascinated and instantly tempted to get one. However my first priority for a vehicle is its height. I need to be in a tall vehicle so I won't be blinded by lights at night. Height is the only solution I have found because of the scars in my eyes from surgery. I was sad to walk away from the desire to get that low-to-ground dreamy techie car.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:36 am

Dh and I have been to Niagara Falls for meat and fruit. I had already gone to the store and purchased the milk and eggs before I posted that post yesterday. It was very foggy in the Falls this morning. I could just imagine all the tourists trying to see that view that they paid extra for and being very irked that they couldn't see the falls at all. :x

Supper tonight will be salmon with a home made lemon dill sauce. We were thinking about going to a "Pickerel fish fry" at a local legion tonight, but it would have been $16 per person. I got a huge filet of salmon for $22, so we saved money. ;)

LadyM where I live the firefighters don't put out a fire in an electric vehicle. Even if it starts off as a small fire, they stand back and let it go until it stops.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:06 pm

LM there are no charging stations where I live. Will your people and dogs fit in it?
Harriet thought of this with the far away house you could met half way some times for shipping lunch and fun days at the park etc.

I slept well had good dreams.
Have done some on my a m routines.
Enjoyed the sunrise today.
It is frosty outside here. 56* F. is our forecast high temp. today.

New books came last night Free Day Friday yea for that timing! LOL! :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:34 pm

Still waiting....(drumming fingers)

Dh called and he's invited A and V over for dinner tonight. :shock: Told him I hope I'm home in time to see them, lol. He's going to take something out of the freezer when he gets home from work.

I'm playing genealogy and I love it.

And I just found a coffee machine that makes lattes. That's a happy dance. I think it's been broken the last times I've been here so I haven't even looked at it. I can't drink coffee black and they don't have any milk out to add to just coffee, so a latte from a machine is a win. My favorite coffee drink.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:15 pm

Home from doctor appt. Got good test results. I'm thankful.

Being curious I looked to see if we had many charging stations here. Just as I expected the fly-over states are sparse with charging opportunities. That is two strikes against me choosing that tool/vehicle. However, it doesn't take away the fascination I have with all the techie capabilities it has. Ohs well....it is fun to dream.

I want to jump back into my hourly challenges.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:35 pm

d twins : I am to please :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:45 pm

I am back home via shuttle. The fix is expensive, and they have to order parts, and then it takes a day and a half to do. :shock: :shock: Although, parts will be there tomorrow, and they may be able to start working in it tomorrow. Sigh. This is replacing the condenser and some other related parts in the A/C system. (They would have given me a rental car, but OTOH I don't have to be out on my own this weekend, and we do own three cars.

I was planning to go to the grocery store before I returned home, so I am now instacarting. I might need a small nap. I'm stunned by the car. Still less expensive than new one.

Return to “Post When You Can”