Solutions Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Solutions Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:49 am

As we calm down from last week and ready for the next, Sunday brings some time to contemplate. Were there puzzles or problems that need some solutions?

Hoping this can be a day of solving, with time for thinking them out. Maybe time for thinking OUTside the box. Or maybe realizing that we figured something out as we slept!

Are you putting solutions down on paper in the form of schedules, checklists or reminders?

Harriet

Re: Solutions Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:21 am

lucylee, I think the answer is whatever the widowed person thinks, and others couldn't possibly know. On the one hand, he really is like anyone else. Has he not cried enough tears yet - not met the quota? Does his heart not seem to have been broken into quite as many pieces as someone else's was, so that he's getting off easier? Did he sign on for more punishment in life, and was he supposed to know that he did? All that falls flat. On the other hand, he's a minister, so wondering if he might be one who hasn't prayed about it probably falls a little flat in his case, too. I think the possibility of happiness is just accepted and celebrated for him at whatever point he chooses to celebrate.

I've started a batch of broccoli sprouts photosynthesizing in the window. This works so beautifully in seasons other than summer, when the sun is directly above. By the summer, I'll be dashing them from window to window to chase sunbeams, lol.

The exact food items I choose to eat today are post-it-ed into my planner. Yesterday was surprise after surprise but not today. I will admire; I will absolutely clasp my hands in delight; I will compose long compliments for any beautiful, aromatic foods shown to me.

But if it's not what I said I'd eat, I ain't eatin' it.

(The above falls into the "solutions" category for me!)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:50 am

I had a productive week and hope to continue that trend. I think having warmer weather and longer days really improves my mood, except for day before yesterday of course when faced with spending money on my car and my dh inviting without my knowledge. I really must remember that when he suggests he'll see what V and A are doing, it can mean them coming to dinner at my house in his mind.

Dfriend M is having knee replacement tomorrow and will likely be home from hospital on Tuesday. I need to plan for a meal or two going there. I'm taking dRuby to boarding tomorrow morning after they have headed to the hospital.

Dh is feeling poorly, with a cold or allergies or the feared COVID. He's going to test, especially since he's supposed to visit out of town clients beginning on Wednesday. I'm counting on some time with him away, so will make me crazy if he's not able to go. (He's doing a COVID test now.)

Ugh, and it's positive. I'm pretty sure I have it too, in fact, I've been stuffing and have been attributing it to allergies. Ugh. And I worked out on Thursday and we were talking about all the ornamental trees being bloomed out then. So need to let dtrainer know from Thursday.

Later, he's cancelled his trip out of town and is getting his laptop to work from home. Instead of the break I thought I was getting, I'm getting more of him at home, lol. I'm starting some medicinal chicken soup. My test was negative but I'm not sure I believe it? OTOH, I didn't have my last booster until 14 January, a little more than a month ago.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:34 pm

hello d Harriet and d twins and all!

I just wanted to say hi before I take the dogs out. hello!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:15 pm

Checking In / Yes I have put pen to paper for the solutions I need and one of them is to have a self care day.
Not up to my usual self. Neck is improving, ear acting up a bit.
Exercise a walk and arm wts. plus get off the floor 2x is a goal might try doing it more than that like at noon ish time as well
and even work up to in the p m as well. Ddoggo has grown bored with "helping" me with that exercise lol!

I have a goal of trying the sponge roller thing.
Saw a walk of the pounds type of walking doing various steps out side interesting.
Not sure I walk in a quiet enough neighborhood but could do that in the back yard as a warm up possibly.
I need to write more on that in a journal I have one ___ left to fill in so I can add it there.

I have written out my meal plans.
Deciding what days to get fuel in my rigs is omm.
A call to make later....

Waving to all have a great rest of your day.
Twins take care of yourself and be sure to communicate that you need down time to your hubby when he suggests contacting others.
[We used to do every other week on things like that. ]

I made a pizza for my lunch yum! Some for a couple more meals left over.

How long before getting married again for me not option & I did not desire that, I did not want to loose ss.
My sis said that her friend commented that they want a nurse or purse.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:01 pm

checking - does someone want to do my work? I am trying to remember that doing a job is a good thing! 8-)
-------------------------
I had to laugh this morning
I woke up while it was still dark. The dogs needed to go out and ended up falling asleep on the couch, and turning on YouTube, after I let them in.
after a good bit of sleep, I started to wake. I gradually woke to birds were singing beautifully and the sun was shining.

My eyes were still closed and I thought - wow I need to put bird seed on that side of the house if there is so many birds. (nope) It wasn't real birds, it was real sunshine though coming through the windows. It was a YouTube channel playing 8 hours of outside sounds - I didn't plan on this but it most of been in the queue.

Oh my gosh too funny. Before I opened my eyes, I laid there comfortably happy and waited for a spring/summer breeze to come from the window.
(window was closed and it's freezing outside) :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I have a good imagination.
-----------------------------
I spent the last half hour looking at flowers for the garden - seeds - I enjoyed that
---------------------------
dh looks so much better and he is starting to spend time outside of the front room. he still is wheezing - He stopped doing any of his jobs and I am happy to take over; there isn't much.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:09 pm

hi d harriet - thank you for starting us! Solutions and real work to get those solutions in place is what I need.
I like how you used the idea of a puzzle for solutions - what a positive way to look at it. I love puzzles!
you are a wise woman d harriet.
I will absolutely clasp my hands in delight
:D :D :D

--------------------
hi d Nancy praying your neck and your ear feel better fast.
enjoy your self care day.
lol too funny about the dog!
waving to you!!!
----------------------
hi d twins I am so glad you had a productive week! I do think that the change in seasons helps so much with our spirit!
praying for your d friend and that her knee surgery heals fast and helps her tremendously

Praying for your dh - 1. that he heals fast from covid and you stay free of it!!! 2. praying he feels better
------------------------
Hello to all of you!!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:31 pm

You certainly are wise, Harriet! Your answer is absolutely perfect.
(((Twins)))
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:44 pm

Home from a busy time at church and community potluck. I do treasure these moments and wish I could slow time down to fully experience the moments more. Everything seems to be moving at a faster speed than I prefer. I want to interact with more people but there isn't time available.

I have been on my feet for 5 hours preparing/serving/cleaning up. I'm ready for a break until TOTH before getting started again.

Hypothetically— preacher’s wife dies. How long is it respectful for the preacher to wait to remarry?

You probably won't agree with my answer.
Short answer - 2 weeks.
Long answer - I have instructed DH in front of family and friends that I expect him to wait for 2 weeks after my funeral before he remarries. Everyone laughed when I said that and thought it was a joke. I was not joking. DH states that if I die first then he is never getting married again. I responded that was an insult to me because that meant being married was a horrible experience DH never wanted to have again. I want DH to have someone to do life with. I would be super sad if DH had to go through the rest of his life alone. #MyOpinion...everyone has one.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:03 pm

interesting question.

I think it depends

I had an uncle who cheated on his wife, in their house while she was dying (still very alert) -but she knew what was going on. - That connection and trust was broken. He was a womanizer anyway but uncle couldn't see that the young woman was just as bad - taking things from him - his vanity was flattered and she was something else for me to deal with when caring for my uncle. I heard things I wish I never would have heard before from both of them. That wasn't love. him: lust not love, her: financial want, not love.

it doesn't mean it's right, but In my opinion, but again I tend to think literally, If a spouse got married 2 weeks later it would be very difficult on the children of that marriage. They would wonder why they moved so fast and was something going on before this. But again, I have seen a lot so it may have tainted in my opinion

I think it depends on the situation: illness/Alzheimers etc.

Life is meant to be lived. I would hope my husband would move on and enjoy the rest of his life with someone who respected him and loved him.

---------------------
dh was moving around more today but we had a scary moment where he didn't know how to work the gas pump for a bit. He kept trying to figure it out and he has been at this gas station many a time. He finally figured it out. When illness affects his brain then there is something to worry about. I saw this over 13 years ago. I am wondering if he is getting enough oxygen to his brain.
---------------
dog has Lyme disease again - bummer - she had it as a new puppy - they say that is why she may be limping. She sees the vet on Saturday. She had been on meds when she got a tick last year - it was dead when I took it off (small).
--------------
okay - time to be productive - it's starting to get cold again as the sun is covered by clouds.
the next right thing.

Return to “Post When You Can”