Ta Da - Rah rah rah - Tuesday February 27,2024

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Ta Da - Rah rah rah - Tuesday February 27,2024

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:42 am

Rah rah rah what is your Ta DA

Nothing big
Something Small
Get it done
or not at all.

Be proud of every step
you make today!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Ta Da - Rah rah rah - Tuesday February 27,2024

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:04 am

We teach children that they should be proud of themselves - just because they are who they are; not for what they do -just for being themselves.
Where does that message get lost - responsibilities, judgement from others and ourselves, comparison to others? it is time to feel that pride again.

The message is still for us!

a children's poem

I'M GLAD TO BE ME

I look in the mirror
and what do I see
I see the me
No one else can be

I am precious
I am glad to be me
My hair, my face
My personality

My size, my shape,
The color of my skin
All make up me
Outside and In.

----------------
“You is kind. You is smart. You is important.”
---------------
Children aren't the only ones who need to see that they are wonderful

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:33 am

alright - my brain is ready to go but my body is lagging behind :D

I have cleaning ladies coming on Thursday and I am considering letting them do my kitchen and bathroom weeklies. I didn't do my Monday routines as I worked outside. I think I will do a swish and swipe, vacuum again and dailies but no other weeklies. I think it will be okay!

Time to get started even though my body wants to continue sitting and having a nice cup of coffee. 8-)

have a great day!!!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:10 pm

Rah rah rah. Dh has left the house, with his mask, to go to Walmart neighborhood grocery for his keto bread. I keep telling him he can go wherever he wants if he wears a mask and he doesn't believe/trust me. He said he would work upstairs later today.

I slept in. Forgot (did I really?) to set an alarm, and when I woke up early I went back to sleep. Dh has already walked the ddog and fed her. And I got garbage out last night.

M's dh texted that she already home settling in this morning. I asked my dh to pick up some flowers while he's out.

I need to check in about my car today. (Update, ready soon, told them I would be there between 11:30 and noon to get it. And I will have my car back!

Yesterday my printer was frustrating me beyond belief and I walked a hundred miles probably reprinting DAR documents. Each page of documentation needs the info on the reverse with my name, chapter no., ancestor no., and date submitted. So once I have all the documentation right, it gets fed through the printer to get the reverse printed. And my printer skips documents, or jams, etc. So I need to reprint...and again...and again. Turns out the registrar is out of town beginning tomorrow and she has to print the actual four page application on what she calls her "fancy paper" and I wasn't going to ask her to review it and print it today to mail to me. So she will review and print it when she's home again and I'll send it then. So no, it's still not gone. But inching closer.

I must have a quick breakfast before we go to pick up the car.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:14 pm

waving to you d twins!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:51 pm

I am up on time more snow less than 1" & none on the road.
QT & journaling
trash 2 curb X
planned left over soup today
I am up to my goal for steps for today so far.
bfast x
s2sx
bring can back from curb x
fetch mail x
write assg. 2 pg.
lunch x
Done to here

Take is slow Tues. is my theme with the snow it is a great thing even inside slowly getting some things done.
Thinking it through is not a bad thing easier some times that is for the best.
Snow is melting and nearly gone except a bit in the shade on the north side.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:59 pm

Supper tonight will be Shepherd's Pie. Right now I am making myself some baked rice pudding, my ultimate comfort food.

It's a grey/windy day here to match my mood. There was a phone call this morning. I posted in M/O about that.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:09 pm

Good morning. Love that sweet poem.

I do not talk to mirrors. yet. ;) But I like winking into them - she knows stuff and I always get her jokes.

I've been working on tax stuff all morning. Well, not every minute. I've definitely tried to get up and stretch, or turn my attention when I could. Not my favorite pastime, but like anything else, it can be satisfying when complete. Maybe it can be my "Ta Da - Rah rah rah" by later today.

Sitting here now with brunch - later than planned - of a smoothie with bunches of good stuff in there. :)

Just reminded HRH that is it trash day in the morning, so we should handle that.

That means it's also Cleaning Day for the Mud Room and it's Kitty Potty day, etc. yay

Also, I had carefully laid out the next step in my sewing last evening, so it's ready for me to get back to it, knowing the plan. No reinventing the wheel!

Comment on that - I think often a reason we procrastinate a project is that some time has passed and we're not sure of exactly what we planned to do next. I think stopping in the MIDDLE of a project step might be a help - either leaving it laid out obviously, or writing notes with it as we put it away, (taking a photo maybe). saying "look at this, this is where you pick up again". It can be daunting to look at a project and feel inadequate in remembering exactly where you were. :( Yes, we can always reinvent the wheel with it and take a lot of time, but we're comparing it unfairly, then, to doing other things that might have clearer paths. More time passes, and the next thing you know it's Anti-Procrastination Day and we can't quite remember what we were procrastinating.

Why do I tell this thought now? Because I'll forget where I was in my thinking about it if I don't make notes.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:21 pm

she knows stuff and I always get her jokes. This made me smile d harriet!!!!!
oooo your smoothie sounds wonderful
love that you set up your sewing - I love not reinventing the wheel. I used to do that all the time as a young woman - it added so so much time to everything!
I love, absolutely love, when you and everyone shares their thoughts. I find I think the same way and seeing someone else's thought processes helps me get back to square one!

d cathy - I love shepherds pie! hope the nice weather we have here temporarily comes your way!

hi d Nancy good day to you! enjoy take it slow Tuesday!!!

hi d twins - sis boom bah! I am so sorry your printer issue is so frustrating!!!
inching closer! yay!
hope the car is ready when you get there and it works beautifully!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm

some outside work done - I ordered an un-witch
so I am taking some brain space to learn a bit while waiting for lunch!

Return to “Post When You Can”