Write it down Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:00 am

Write it down! That system to capture the to-dos is an important part of any system. David Allen of Getting Things Done calls it part of the "capture" stage - identifying tasks and getting them into the system.

And writing it down - through a journal, our comments here, or a planner - is important to help us think things through, get ideas from others, and process all that "on my mind" stuff.

So join me in writing it down!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:20 am

Re: Painting I just paint fun stuff like wood items from thrifting adventures.
I've been watching how to vids. on it.
I got help for the basement when that needed done from dgd it was a big job and I could not lift the 5 gal. buckets.

Today I have written down in my Faith Planner notes and In my day planner some ideas info.
the bujo todo list for today is done as well as journal page.

No snow here today yea but it is a bit on the windy side 36*/50* F. today's temp. range.
Working on reclaiming the table for my Anti P task.
bfast x
s2s x
step goal is good.

I need a groc. LIst & to make a project list.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:48 am

Last week I found an awesome "keyboard" pad. It's maybe just over 2 inches from top to bottom and almost as wide as my keyboard. It starts with Monday on the left and goes over to Sunday. I've been using it every day then tossing at the end of the week. Plus I'm still using my "menu" calendar which was just a calendar from the dollar store.

Supper tonight will be a steak that we will share. Dh will have a yam and I will have a baked potato. Everything will be finished in the oven.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:09 am

Good morning

I am trying to get back into my groove after being away from home yesterday. I mentally, physically and emotionally thrive when i am doing hourly challenges. It is ME vs ME which feeds my love of playing a game. I love being the winner and getting a reward each hour. Yes, it is repetitive and might be a bit silly, but I stay motivated & productive so I'm going to continue to do what works for me.

I will be cooking 18 cheeseburgers sliders today. Our ready-to-eat food stash is low. Tonight is meal with church family. Pulled pork will be the main dish with several sides. I'll take a salad and maybe a dessert.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:38 am

a quick wave!!!! good morning
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:41 pm

I took brisket out of the freezer for our supper tonight. It's a full gallon bag but I suspect there's a lot of "juice" and not so much actual meat. I may be surprised, but I think that dh should be able to eat it - it's usually a fall-apart consistency. He's still keeping to soft foods or things he can but up small because his jaw still hurts. He had a dental appt on Monday but had to cancel because of COVID - he was going to get the mold made to cap off the root canal tooth. It's hard to figure out what's for dinner when he's sick of soup and lasagna and my go-tos are grilling steak, pork chops or chicken with sides.

By the time I got though ordering the travel CPAP yesterday and taking care of outside plants, dh had come downstairs. Soon he suggested we pour a drink and sit outside with the dog. Foreshadowing his retirement? It was quite pleasant actually but I was wanting to keep "working" at that point.

It's nearly 70 degrees here and we have a severe T-storm warning. Temp to drop after storms into thirties tonight. I think the rain will be through here pretty quickly actually.

I'm not moving this morning, unfortunately.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:28 pm

Sitting with DS15 while he does homeschool assignments. He works independently with an occasional comment or question. I will check his work later and he will redo anything he misses.

Twins - Does your DH like smoothies? They are easy on sore mouths and have endless options of ingredients. When I had multiple surgeries on my mouth a couple decades ago, I was so hungry for real regular food so I started putting it into the blender until it was soft. Fact - Pizza still tastes great but looks HORRIBLE after being in the blender.

DS15 just asked me "How do you stay so happy all the time? " I shrugged my shoulders and said I don't know. I'm not happy all the time because drama and sadness does happen. I try to process it and then accept the new normal and keep going forward. I wake up eager to start the day and give thanks for the privilege. Then i get up and get going. I told him about my hourly game. He said "I just want you to know that I admire what you are doing". Awe. IMHO Teenagers need to have these moments of kind and encouraging words so we remember them and get through their many times of foolish nonsense.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:05 pm

feeling lazy - working on going though my day gently.

One plan: wash off surface spots on walls - not great but enough.
go through papers as March is coming up.
Maybe empty some mail

Remembering to Be grateful

It is very cold. every time I go outside the dogs want me to stay - Nope! I don't want to change into warm cloths even though I love being outside.
I have the cleaning ladies come tomorrow - they don't do the 3 season room, laundry room, basement but sometimes dh won't let them work in his spaces.
-----------------------
d lady - I am curious - what do you do if you and ds can't figure out a class - say chemistry - do the classes have a tutor or teacher?
it's so interesting to me!!!!
the hourly's are helping me as well but when I am out of the house it throws me off a bit. It's not silly at all. Your system really works for my ADHD! The reward aspect for me has been wonderful (as long as I don't take more than 15 minutes) - enjoy your time at the church family meal.

"I just want you to know that I admire what you are doing
What a good man he is becoming d lady!

hi d twins enjoy making your brisket tonight. You know, I have never mad a brisket or even tasted one in my life. I hope he really starts feeling better!
we had that huge thunder boomer yesterday-lots of rain - hope it looses steam as it comes near you! We had 70's yesterday and 20's today. thank you for starting us today!!!

hi d cathy glad you found a keypad you like.

hi d Nancy good for you painting things you love!!!
glad you got help from your dgd.
wonderful

hello d everyone!!!!

dh has been moving about and eating. (maybe not cleaning up after himself but at least the dishes are getting in the sink. Before, if he ate, he left everything on the table etc. (not at all like him).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:16 pm

We spent a pleasant day at the zoo yesterday. Stopped on the way home for fish sandwiches and ice cream.

I slept in this morning cause I had a bit of a headache. Then planted some more sunnie seeds that came in the mail yesterday as well.

Received a phone call from the neurologist dr that specializes in aneurisms that he wanted to see me. Don’t know is that is good or bad news. After my MRI results came in, my PA said he was going to send them to this particular dr stating he didn’t expect anything would come from this.

Anyway the new dr is abt a 45 minute drive from here and his office wanted to see me as soon as possible. So I have an appointment is next Wednesday.

Twins… I was told last week at my DAR meeting that we may only submit 6 patriot supplements due to the back log of applications. I have 10 to choose from once I am officially admitted to the DAR
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:57 pm

what do you do if you and ds can't figure out a class - say chemistry - do the classes have a tutor or teacher?

Thankfully there is a wide selection of excellent teachers (online and IRL) who are experts at breaking a subject down and explaining it. Sometimes we have to go through several of them to find the one that explains so DS15 can understand. There are dozens of excellent curriculums (some that are free) that cover all the subjects. It is just a matter of finding the teacher & curriculum that teaches in the way that DS15 can understand. There are forums and FB groups for every class we have done. Years ago it wasn't this way but now there is an endless number of learning resources available.

I'm going to take a break and chill for a couple hours. Then I will start preparing and setting up for tonight's meal. The person in charge is not feeling well so I'm going to do her part.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”