Leap-Worthy Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Leap-Worthy Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:43 am

Make the day leap-worthy! It only occurs every four years!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Leap-Worthy Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:36 am

And dh continues his stay-at-home status. I'm going to test today and if negative, which I expect, I will go on to my workout today. (Famous last words?) I'm also going to suggest that he tests, and if negative, I'll have dcleaning lady come tomorrow. I'll let her know he's been sick but if he's negative I hope she will feel okay about it.

And my test is negative! Yes! I don't know whether I had it or not, at all. Yes = runny nose, dh positive for it. No = two negative tests, booster last month.

I took brisket out of the freezer yesterday for us. It was from Rosh Hashanah (Sept!) and needed more time in a low oven then. I fished some tender pieces out for dh and I'll put the rest in the oven today on low to cook a bit more.

Leap worthy pursuits today:
-brisket cooked through and tender
-get extra chicken soup to freezer
-get monthly dividers for planner from upstairs
-bind 2023 planner pages together to hang onto for a year or two
-Grocery store after workout?
-dh test, check in with dcleaning lady

Oh, and I have the every other week Zoom mentoring session at eleven. I have a timer set so I don't forget it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:49 am

Hi!

Tonight's supper will be turkey thighs cooked on a sheet pan in the oven.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:58 am

d twins, I am praying your sweet dh gets better every day!!!

A huge yay for a negative test d twins!! enjoy your work out!

AS you leap into your day, may it be a good one!!

hi d cathy - have a lovey day!
---------------

As for me: the cleaning angels are here.

My goal today is to try to get dh to go for a blood test.

You know what? I honestly don't know which way my day will go. Thursday is usually my errand day but I don't have any errands. :D it's cold but not that bitter cold from the other day. right now it's 28 but is supposed to feel like 23 degrees
The city is supposed to get up to 43 but we are usually at least 4-5 degrees cooler in the winter.

have a good day all!!!

I tried to come up with other names (synonyms), for leap but they all made me giggle as I imagined myself and this body: sail-over, vault over, hurdle (that really made me laugh), skip over, high jump, entrechat -a vertical jump during which the dancer repeatedly crosses the feet and beats them together. (oh that would be so funny), spring, dart and of course lunge. :D :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:19 pm

I am thinking some things on my list are not yearly like defrost freezer or have not been yearly but
might need to be.
Other things like changes on things I learned yesterday.
Got a new Lavender colored hoodie with a zip front to enjoy yea!
I wanted one before when I got the others but could not find one.
I will embrace wearing it today.
Started a writing & used planner.

Temps. today F. 44* / 56* Rain in forecast so far has not happened.

Watching a squirrel outside. Review for the month done.
Drew new art for the new month. X
Planner pages old used ones out / new ones in. X
Bujo X

Food reacted on me last night so taking it easy on my food intake.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:24 pm

Done with mentoring. I'm upstairs at my desk wanting to do anything else but to sort these old planner pages. But it needs to be done. I'm discarding any before 2022.

Dh is on the phone about our water bill going a mile a minute, noisily.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:52 pm

hello d Nancy!
hello d twins!

hello d everyone!

cleaning angels are done. they didn't do any of the bedrooms - it wasn't needed
while the ladies were here I looked up the bug management slides. I didn't attend the online class bc I accidentally registered for a different class at the same time. I have to admit I am enjoying these programs. It's been fun!

I feel like eating but I ate already :roll: - I figure it's bc I must be bored in some way bc I haven't started on any chores!

I love that you are a mentor d twins! They are very lucky to have you!

d Nancy I bet that color will look lovely on you! good for you on getting a new hoody.
hope your tummy feels better

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:14 pm

Leap worthy pursuits today:
-brisket cooked through and tender
-get extra chicken soup to freezer
-get monthly dividers for planner from upstairs
-bind 2023 planner pages together to hang onto for a year or two

-Grocery store after workout?
-dh test, check in with dcleaning lady

I also did some paper purging on my desk up there.

DH is testing again now and I'm having lunch. I've heard more than I ever want to hear about our water bill last month. :shock: If the test is negative he's going to HD or Lowes to replace all the flappers on our toilets. This man is fired up!

And he's negative as well.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:08 pm

DS15 drove me to the city to get a couple of prescriptions. It is raining so that means I am always a bit concerned about hydroplaning on the interstate. We made it without any problems.

FACT - taking DS15 shopping means the bill will be quadruple or more. I shop with a list and rarely add anything else. DS15 is eager to try all the new things and keeps adding things to the cart. He did need jeans/pants and underwear so that was accomplished. He selected 7 possible jeans/pants to bring home and try. 5 of them will be returned and I will order more online of the ones that he liked. DS15 doesn't care if he wears stained and torn clothes but I do. Some of the clothes bought new are torn as part of its style however it isn't one of my favorites.

Someday I suspect I will look back and wonder how I did it. Doing homeschooling and mentoring driving with DS15 takes a load of courage and full-on commitment. We only have 3 more months of this homeschool schedule and then his last two years of his high school will have more electives.

A memory came up today. 10 years ago today (2014) I finished the classes to become Master Gardener certified.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:29 pm

I watched the fungi documentary from Netflix. I expected it to be different than it was.

Some theories of how man moved on in evolution bc they ate magic mushrooms was a bit far fetched for me. re: transcendental experiences etc to gain skills and wisdom. I struggle with the fact that they use psychedelics for experimenting on animals and people and I struggle with ideas of this film.

I don't know. I will stay open minded but I struggled with this one. Glad that it worked for one woman with cancer. They finally ended with good things about regular (helping bees etc), non psychotic mushrooms - I wish there would have been more on that. That was what I expected.

Maybe I am not as opened minded as I thought. I definitely found out how utterly clueless I am on helpful these are for pain and other issues. I needed my mind opened and I am grateful.

I would be interested if anyone else saw this documentary and what they thought.
------------------------------

time for lunch.
time for getting outside with dogs even though it's cold.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”