Leap-Worthy Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Leap-Worthy Thursday PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:37 pm

Not sure I have anything leap worthy except my ability to change courses on a dime.

I had planned to dig in the dirt today but forgot the mowers will be out and about so instead I decided to do laundry ….which I always do on Thursday and clean my house.

Deep cleaned two of my bathrooms. Vacuumed every thing and have mopped 1/2 of the house.

I’m taking a break and then will finish it up. Think will take about 30/45 minutes. Then I get to fold laundry :D:

Blessed… magic mushrooms have helped many with Cluster Migraines in micro doses. They’ve also have been effective with PTSD along with stress and depression. There’s a lot of research being done about how mushrooms can help medically. In fact several states have now legalized medical mushrooms just like they did with pop

I know many people with cluster headaches also known as suicide headaches because of their duration and pain.. that are still alive because of mushrooms.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 pm

CI / Winds & rain make me glad I did out side gardening when I did while it was nicer mild and sunny out!
You can garden in the rain! Got the Star Gazer Lily bulbs I bought planted yea they were starting to sprout.
Made three calls 2 were productive one a n/a.
Sheets are in the washer now spinning out.
I picked a good day for an at home day. :mrgreen:
Bit more progress on some desk duty,
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:50 pm

Thank you d rose!!!
I wish the movie focused more on that! maybe my mind closed to it.
I am so happy they help you and others in pain!
This is exactly what I needed to understand! Thank you for opening my mind!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:59 pm

Leaping through the gift of an extra day. *

Feeling positive about the Twins' household negatives.

blessed, HRH started that film, but I believe he got bored and switched to something else. I remember he was amazed at some of the statistics on size and number of fungi. I was wishing he would get to parts about how healthy some mushrooms are to eat, as he still resists most. As far as theories on why we have complex brains, I'd put most of my opinion on that onto "fire" : gaining the ability to cook, especially cooking easy-to-find starches like root vegetables and legumes, opening up those available energy sources for concentrated nutrition. There are also social (cooperation) theories and environmental (escaping danger) theories, but I think the practical ability to just get enough nutrients for our demanding brains came first. Mushrooms? Sure, why not - I think it would be less widespread, but maybe.

Yesterday:

grocery order
more work (and emails, finding papers) on taxes
sewing
fielded phone calls from kinfolk
ate well, but too much

Morning today:
sewing, and not much else (leap-worthiness) *
belief (but we'll see) that this a.m. I got to the point of helping all that's possible on taxes (expert's turn)

mini-rant
Washed dishes 3 times yesterday. Today, utensils in the drawer are down to nearly nothing. How does this happen? If it wasn't so bad for the environment, I'd buy a bunch of plastic utensils. (I won't, but I'm about ready to choose a visually different spoon and fork and claim them for my own.) I do "claim" a glass by wrapping its base with colorful wide rubber bands, which helps keep glasses from posing a dishwashing problem around here.

I never told ya'll, but I sort of thought I was getting an apartment-sized dishwasher for Christmas when I saw a present with my name on it. Then I thought, no, it's a small printer for my office, which would kind of be helpful but worried me for space. Instead, it was more dishes. (not really a punchline, because they were replacements for some broken ones, but ... .. sigh.) I'm sure HRH would think, no, not an appliance for a special occasion! Husbands aren't supposed to do that! Maybe I'll get him a dishwasher for Father's Day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:21 pm

Harriet…
I do what your dad did when he experienced pain. I tell everyone I go into the pain and ride it, but not sure I could do it in a dental chair. The pain of hitting anywhere near a nerve is like a huge electrical shock throughout my body.

When discussing my migraines with my new PA I mentioned magic mushrooms to him. He says he has clients that have had great success with them when nothing else had helped. He’s very interested in the ongoing research because of his clients experience. During my worst times I would have gladly tried mushrooms… they are available in Europe and there are several fb dedicated to their uses, but I was a single mom and teaching. Had I been caught with mushrooms it would have been the end of my career.

Several of my FB friends who suffer from chronic clusters are moving to states where magic mushrooms are legal trying to live a normal life.

Btw Blessed… when done right magic mushrooms don’t make you trip. That’s why it’s call micro dosing
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:36 pm

I truly have learned so much from you!
I can see that my information is so outdated.
Thank you!!! The lack of understanding is amazing.
Again thank you with all my heart for educating me.

I know with dd's CRPS I wouldn't think twice if I new there was a way to get her out of her nerve ending flare ups; I would in a second! I wonder if they have used the micro amounts to help pain, burn victims etc.

thank you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:16 pm

Blessed my neighbors grand son got in a a test program for burns using pineapple
ans had great results! :mrgreen:

Sheets are back on the bed, top cover is in the dryer now.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:30 pm

isn't it wonderful - I wonder if there is an enzyme, acid or something else in pineapples that helps. I have learned so much today!

I wish they had had something when I was young to help with my migraines. I didn't meet the people who knew what to do. My mom, my grandmother and great grandmother had horrible migraines.

dd younger takes meds, from her neurologist, when she feels a trigger before the migraines hit. If she misses the timing then she will be out for days and at times it will start a flare with her CRPS.

When her migraine is more severe; she appears as if she is drunk bc it does something to her brain and she can't put words together or move well. She had been working at the beach and hadn't had her meds with her when one severe migraine hit her. Thank goodness one of the mom's that was there was a nurse who worked in neurology and guessed what was happening.

d harriet - d rose - d Nancy thank you for the discussion!

I truly have learned a lot today! Again I am grateful, I can't thank you enough.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:48 pm

dh cried today when I mentioned he may want to go and get a blood test. I was really nice but he became so overwhelmed with the idea that he got so upset that I would even mention it. He said he is fine but from previous experience I know he can't be if he is doing this. Sigh. He doesn't look good. He was good for about an hour after sleeping in his chair all day. He is still eating which is good.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:03 pm

You folks have been busy here! I worked out hard. She really challenged me on some of the weights and I may be a little sore in the back and upper body. LadyM, are you still working out? I don't remember you mentioning it lately but it may be that it's so routine you're not mentioning it, or my mind is skipping over it because it's routine.

I stopped at post office box for HOA and went on to the grocery. It took awhile. Finally home just a few minutes ago. Dh came out to help unload and I've gotten most put away. I turned on the the oven for the brisket (really should have done it earlier, but whatever). And starting p.m. routine too. And I need to walk the ddog. My steps are off this week because dh has been home and has walked her some, and sometimes she doesn't insist that I do it also.

I need to CUOP more carefully and see what's up with bw2's dh.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”