March Forward Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: March Forward Friday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:21 pm

The feed organized by Navalny’s team was the only Russian one. It was the one I was trying to watch as it was translated, but it was blocked for a while. CNN was trying to broadcast but also reported theirs was blocked - they lost theirs 20 minutes before the funeral and got it back 10 minutes after the funeral started. At that time, they thought it was about the same timeframe as the other team, I think. So, since this was from outside the church a lot was missed. They said it was spotty after that, too. The team's broadcast was the one showing live the march from the church, which was very moving.

Thinking about HRH and me needing to be in the same room a lot - hmmm. Yes, television. Even when working at the computer, he also has some television on just about all the time. He says he tunes it out, but when I'm in the kitchen, where it's easy to hear his office, I often complain to him that way too many wars are being fought while I'm trying to cook. Sometimes I end up knowing more about a plot than he does. I like to be able to go to my sewing room/office and be completely different from the space where some car chase is happening, lol.

Back hurts some today, so I'm wondering if I'll postpone sewing for a day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:23 pm

I am proud of dd younger for seeing an unsafe situation for a woman and helping her.

DD younger went to a seminar that brought in a Schutzhund award winner trainer from Finland. The young woman was amazing but the man who ran the program and hired her was not a good man. dd younger said the man wouldn't let the woman eat much, and then cancelled the hotel she was at on the last day and told her she would stay in his attic apartment. dd said he was controlling and the woman was very naive (she came from a country town that was in the middle of nowhere in Finland).

Yesterday dd invited the woman to her air bnb and the man was not happy and tried to bully them to have the trainer stay with him. Dd having had something happen to her, said her gut feeling made her want to protect this woman. dd spoke to the other girls and together they got the woman's things and went to dd's car. Some girls spent the night with dd and this young woman. The man kept texting.

dd and the other girls said that even though he hasn't paid her that if she needs to go back have a police officer there for safety. They all suggested to not go back.

I am proud of her for trusting her instincts and protecting this woman. I am proud of all the girls. DD has come a long way from being unaware of danger.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:27 pm

Ooooh, that sounds very difficult, and I hope everyone in the situation stays safe. Good for your dd for trying to help.

blessed, I thought of you when I posted in A, C and N thread at end of last month. I'd been working with one of the fabrics for the wedding quilt and knew it had typewritten words on it in French. I finally decided to look them up and they are from WWI efforts, very interesting.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:07 pm

Dh got home from his meeting and we walked the ddog a lap (in a light rain) and I went to Costco with him. I thought it would be quiet today but it's still pretty busy. I would have gotten a hot dog except that there were a dozen people waiting to pick up food and I just didn't want to wait around in that crowd.

It's cold and rainy out. I think I'm going to nap. The house is clean. I think we're eating out tonight. First time in forever. I had chicken noodle soup for my lunch. The noodles are pretty overdone now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:25 pm

Blessed - Glad DD was being observant and responded to keep the visitor safe. That could have ended very differently.

Six errands accomplished. I stepped in a hole and landed hard on my right knee and hands on the concrete. Thankfully, I don't seem to have any long-lasting damage. A skinned knee and some skin off the palm of hand will remind me to be more careful.

We are now stocked up on ready-to eat main dishes. I need to fix a couple side dishes to have on hand. Green salad, fruit salad, Spanish rice and mac/cheese are favorites that I try to keep on hand. I have potatoes and eggs in abundance so that tips my decision about what to cook toward potato salad. My typical method is to just start cooking and sometimes be surprised what the outcome is. I tend to change my mind while cooking and make something different. Mashed potatoes? Scalloped potatoes? The downside of having a well-stocked pantry is I can make almost any dish. The possibilities seem endless. I cook something for the family almost every day but I rarely eat those things.

I am STILL stuck on eating soup. Every day. Day after day. Soup is STILL the main thing that I want to eat. It tastes sooooo good, I am enjoying the texture, and the nutritional value is maxed out. I cook a new pot of soup for myself about every other day and eat it until it is gone. Repeat. I remember when I was stuck on roasting pans of vegetables every day. I might be weird. ;)
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:26 pm

I have worked at a few things.
Put effort in to clean up on the defrosting deep freezer.
Picked up in back yard.
Painted 1st coat on a small project.
Heating water to help thaw freezer out.
Walked x
------
Freezer is 99% defrosted now.
I will have a load of towels when done.
Towels are in the dryer.
Freezer is defrosted & cold again & I have some things back in it now.
I've been crocheting edging on the prayer shawl I've been knitting on this winter.

Blessed so glad your daughter was able to help in that situation.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:12 pm

I just found the first purple asparagus spear in the garden. The 2024 asparagus harvest has officially begun. If it follows like the past experience I will be harvesting every other day for the next couple of months. When I have a yearly supply of asparagus harvested then I will let the rest of the spears develop into asparagus ferns for the rest of the summer. The ferns will grow about 8' tall.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:23 pm

I had a mini adventure that included several bouts of laughter. DBro called requesting help. He and DSIL stopped at the bank for a moment and both of them left keys inside vehicle with the windows up. They were not expecting the vehicle doors to lock and were frustrated with themselves for making this mistake. . They were in the cattle feeding truck with a 40' trailer. I grabbed a couple tools and headed their way. While enroute (7 miles) we talked on the phone discussing several possible solutions. One of them was getting local body shop employees or the local police to get vehicle door unlocked. The police arrived first and took less than 5 minutes to accomplish it. I took some pictures of DBro posed with hands on hood of vehicle as if he was getting arrested. He always knows how to make me smile.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:16 pm

so interesting d harriet! I love that you are making a wedding quilt! I can't wait to hear more!
I pray for Navalny's family and team.
I understand about listening to news and war - my d mom has one news station on all the time. Mom doesn't listen to our movies without sleeping and then missing most of the plot and the ending. - then she says it was a terrible movie. :D
hope your back feels better.

d lady hello - oh my goodness lol - I know what a cattle feed truck looks like - 40 ft. trailer - oh my goodness and not being able to get in the truck - I am sorry but I find that funny. It's nice that they met a nice policeman(men) - too funny about him putting his hands on the hood. (a good sense of humor) That will be a picture to talk about for years to come! Glad they could open the truck up!!!

how exciting to find a purple asparagus!!! ''
Oh my goodness - I am sorry your scraped your knees and hands on the concrete. fast healing!
yay on your cooking

d Nancy - yay on your painting, walking, back yard work and more!!!

studied for 2 hours. I had planned on 1 hour. I won't study again until Monday.
our windows and our gutters look beautiful. I was worried that all the leaves would block the gutters when the spring rains come. I had cleaned out the lower gutters myself in the beginning of October but at the end of November they were stuffed again with leaves and debris.

- praying that a little boy from Wisconsin, Elisha, is found healthy and alive.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:12 pm

Oops, I thought I posted earlier today.

Spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”