Simple Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Simple Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:10 am

Good morning to all! I overslept and need to get the dessert made for tonight!

I'm gonna try to keep it all simple today. Lots to do.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Simple Saturday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:59 am

good morning d twins and everyone!!! Enjoy your time tonight!!! Happy dessert making!

I need a simple Saturday as I have a headache. I made it simpler by moving dogs appointment to next Saturday.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Dove

Postby Dove » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:04 pm

Good morning, Twins. Thanks for opening the village today.

So sorry you have a headache, blessed. Hope it disappears soon.

I'm hiding from my kitchen, but let's call it taking a break ;) . I have two large drawers in there, one for pots, the other for casserole type dishes (many with glass lids) & misc oven safe dishes in several sizes. Only now every piece & lid is sitting all over one counter & on my kitchen table. How did it all fit into this one drawer? It was so crammed I was only using the items on the top. I need to declutter some pieces, but many are part of the same C orning set which makes it harder for me to make decisions about what should go. I am thinking of storing some of the largest, heaviest pieces I want to keep in a cabinet downstairs in the storage room.

This started out last month as a project to gather all my baking pans & gadgets into one place because they were stored in four separate areas in the house. It morphed into cleaning out & decluttering all the kitchen cabinets, & now I'm into the cabinets & drawers without baking supplies. Better get back to it.

Leftovers for dinner tonight. I had two crescent roll tubes to use up & found a recipe using cooked sausage, cream cheese flavored with Ranch powder, cheddar cheese & ?? that was placed between two layers of the crescent pieces with seams pressed together. It was tasty & I'll make a veggies to go with.

Better get back to it. ~~~ Waving to everyone. :)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:08 pm

Sitting here with my Simplicity of an oatmeal brunch, mango, cherries, blueberries, nummy.

I had another morning with dd talk-talk-talking about life and childhood and leg cramps and recipes, and showing me the ring guard-type ring the young man bought for the ceremony and telling about going to a rock store and the man there having a fit over her engagement ring and shining UV light on the stone and how it was just beautiful and on and on. That girl can talk. Then she was off like a whoosh to the inspection of the new house. She's stressing a little, hoping there will be no problems.

blessed, the breathing you describe as hiccup breathing, then a deep breath. I think that is what I have described with HRH as "incomplete" breaths, when he lies directly on his back and tries to sleep. It is as though he could just breathe right through normally in those moments, one or two times, but something stops it or gets in the way. Then after a bit he has to awaken slightly, take a deep breath and go back to sleep. I don't like it a bit and when he's with me I tell him about it right away, but sometimes when he sleeps part of the night without me, I wonder ... .. I nag him not to sleep in that position and he does listen, somewhat.

Dove, also you could take a nice photo of the set as you consider breaking it up into different storage. It could be nice to remember that you do have the set, you just store it more sensibly. Nobody ever promised us that our kitchen drawers and cabinets were the perfect size and shape, unfortunately! That doesn't mean the items we want to store were ever supposed to fit what even the wisest architect or carpenter created.

My back still hurts. This is a downer. I took a day off sewing to get better, you know? I think I will have to take a pill. Sigh.

Bathroom needs attention today. I noticed it falling out of favor. :| P and P used to say. "Could it use some Pine-Sol in there?"

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:28 pm

that makes so much sense d harriet - dh falls asleep in his chair and bends his head forward and I am sure he closes his trachea (it's very small from the scar tissue anyway). I am not sure what I am going to do. I wonder if a CPAP machine would work but he doesn't want to do that either. I try to tell him - he wakes up and goes back to sleep. His fear is that he will have to go back to a trac but will not - I can't blame him but...
thank you - that makes so much sense.

hope you back starts feeling better so that you can get back to sewing!
so sweet - I understand about "that girl can talk" - hope the stress reduces for her!

hi d dove!! thank you!
You have got this - thinning things out will make your kitchen feel easier to work in!
you are doing great!!!
waving

hi d everyone.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:44 pm

I need to listen to simple things today: believe it or not I am listening to a Nancy drew mystery, The clue in the diary, by Penelope Heaven's you tube page. Simple, no drama, no bad things - I think my headache can handle it better than my audible books.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:27 pm

How did it all fit into this one drawer?
Dove, I have casseroles dishes and such read around everywhere. I do use a lot of it but need to purge also. I also have a separate area in the garage for cookie sheets, muffin pans, cheesecake pan, things that will stand up on their side. This kitchen doesn't have enough room for those and I don't use them very frequently.

The issue with getting up late today was that the cheesecake takes 1.25 hrs in the oven, then should sit there another hour, then be refrigerated for six hours. I'll be short on the six hours but I'm sure it will be okay. I'm not a big fan of the keto cheesecake but dh is. Ugh. Texting this a.m. one vegan attendee tonight says "fruit is the best dessert." So the hostess has googled a vegan puff pastry fruit tart recipe. Sorry but no, maybe another time, lol.

Bw2 and Harriet, I listened to my father snoring with sleep apnea growing up, sometimes wondering if he would keep breathing. He lived to be eighty-eight and never had a sleep study, of course, or a CPAP. He sounded at times like he was holding his breath.

How exciting, Harriet, about the inspection of the new home!
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:34 pm

Good morning

I enjoyed sleeping until I woke naturally today. We had teenage boys in the house until 10pm last night in full active noisy mode. It was later than I prefer before I went to sleep.

I kept moving furniture until it became apparent what furniture would need to be removed from the room where my chair is located. AFter clearing the area and doing a deep clean of walls, baseboards and floor then DH and I teamed up to move his chair, tables and TV. We are currently in the same room now. Hopefully I will learn how to block out and ignore the TV sounds. The hassle of ignoring the TV is worth my peace of mind to be in closer proximity to DH.

I am on hour #5 challenge and am pleased with my effort and rewards.

I'm hiding from my kitchen, but let's call it taking a break

I love the way you said this. You deserve a break!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:40 pm

We are ordering Chinese food for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:32 pm

sounds delicious d cathy!
we had sushi the other day and it was delicious. I am not much for raw fish (sashimi) which my daughter loves. We had their Mexican version and it was very good (it's veggies slivered with some sort of Mexican sauce/seasoning and cilantro, avocado layered on top with sriracha. I was shocked on how good it was.

hi d twins
hi d harriet
hi d rose
hi d Kathryn
hi d Lucy
hi d harmony
hi d dove
hi d cathy
hi d Nancy
hi d mystery and hi to anyone I missed.

dd older is upset with me that I am not getting to the dr. with dh. she thinks his windpipe is swollen again and I agree. The radiation was good to get rid of his tumor around his trachea but the after effects of the thick scar tissue is catching up with him and is squeezing his windpipe. She thinks I am not taking it seriously but I see it. I think dh/dd's and I have to have serious talk about what he wants in the future.

okay I will keep moving forward today.

next - think think think what should I do!

Return to “Post When You Can”