a new day - you can't ask for anything more - Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

a new day - you can't ask for anything more - Sunday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 am

It's a new day! How lucky we are for another day!

Happy Sunday to you all!

how will you celebrate today?

What's on your mind for this week?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: a new day - you can't ask for anything more - Sunday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:24 am

Good morning

Blessedw2 - Thank you for the start. I am thinking of you and DH today.

I slept 10 hours last night! That is unusual for me. DS15 worked two jobs yesterday and then went to a friends home when he finished working. I didn't wait up for him to come home. DS15 takes great pride in being trusted to be semi-independent and not do stupid things. I did wake up during the night and check that he was home then I went back to sleep.

I am going to try not to use my cards on Sundays. I can already feel my resistance to doing that so I am not sure if I will stick with taking a break from the cards once a week. Time will tell.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:16 am

good for you for taking Sunday and not forcing the work! I have to give up the cards two days a week or I get cranky!
happy Sunday d Lady! glad you could sleep in!
So cool about your ds!

have a great day!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:30 am

I was up at a reasonable time but I am just feeling tired today. Long evening last night with friends, lots of food and drink. I need some quiet down time today but not to be until much later when dh goes to bowling.

We are meeting the travel friends (M and S) for lunch and to talk about the upcoming trip to Europe (a couple of days in Switzerland before river cruise from Basel to Amsterdam and then five nights in Amsterdam. M loves to plan travel and always figures out the tours and museums and guides. She's amazing. She may run me ragged, lol. I know I'll enjoy seeing them tho.

Tomorrow dh will finally be back at work.

bw2, how is your dh doing this morning?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:56 am

Morning...

Harriet, I just got out of my shower using my electric scrubber. The battery on mine is pretty good. I have finished paying my monthly bills and will be helping Sweetie with our taxes later.

I read all of the Nancy Drew books starting with the Secret of the Old Clock. I would buy them from my Weekly Reader book order for 25 cents. Later I had to pay 35 cents. I would save my allowance and sometimes would be able to buy two at a time. Later when my school started having book fairs, I would save my money and buy three. I can remember riding home with the books in my basket trying to decide which book I would read next. I never got them from the library because I wanted to own them.

Back when I was around 9 I started reading in the abandon tree house not far from my home. I would spend hours up there, sometimes wrapped in a blanket if the winds were blowing, reading my books. It was a very special place for me where I could find peace and quiet. Once my clothes got stuck on a nail and I couldn't get down. The tree was on a dirt mound so it was pretty high up. I don't remember how Sweetie found me...maybe I saw him and called for help. Remember he lived next door from me and his home was close to the tree house. Anyway he came and was able to free my from the nail.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:04 pm

Nancy Drew books finished coming out in 2003 in that series, with 5 books coming out that year. Altogether there are 175 Nancy Drew books in that series and numerous others under slightly different sets, like "Nancy Drew Diaries" amongst others. Mildred A. Wirt wrote the first 23, getting paid $125 per book and having to maintain a confidentiality agreement. I haven't read any in many, many years. I do have numerous "Carolyn Keene" books in my library, including some with blue covers. Go to Fantastic Fiction dot com and type in "Carolyn Keene" for the author name for a very complete list of all the different books under that name. These are amongst the first books that I used to ask for as Christmas gifts back in the early '70's.

Supper tonight will be pork roast, asparagus for dh, cabbage and boiled potatoes with the skins on.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:31 pm

I slept well yea!
Have been doing my qt & journaling daily planner is filled in that helps future planning helps further out.
Bujo is filled in for today ~ not the rest of the week putting in topics later top three ; next steps; looking forward to later.
A breather is a good thing today I've had a busier than normal week.
34* F outside now / 27* / 43* today's temp range.

TV's are on sale not sure I want to deal with that currently but there is a need I could pay attn to.
I will need helps getting it inside and set up.
Dgson is other wise occupied on his spring break so doubt that is an option.
Might not need the other dresser so thinking on that. Well the dresser is not in stock and tv is less than that!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:40 pm

I had a lovely learning opportunity with the Chicago Botanic Garden. They offered a talk with Annie Guilfoyle, a landscape designer/Chelsie judge out of England. It was brilliant!
it's nice to be able to have an opportunity like this.

dh - he is bored so I will bring him a magazine. he can't walk without loosing is breath. they are doing a biopsy again on his scar tissue in his chest. They have done it two times before and it was negative.
They really don't know what's wrong with dh - it could be cancer, it's not his kidneys, they don't know if it's his heart. I am going over there from 2 - 7
dd is with him now.
One step at a time -

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:52 pm

it's time to take a shower and head over to the hospital
I am not as positive this time. Normally I always felt that he would be better - even if not like he was before.
I am not so sure this time.

My goal is to see dh and just be there for him. I want and pray that he will be able to breath better soon.

They don't know why is so out of breath.

I have to be positive and loving for dh. I need to Give it up to a higher power bc I can't control any of this. I know it, I can't.

I worked in the garage - it's 70 degrees after having a cold morning - 40 degrees up since this morning.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:49 pm

(((Blessedw2))))

My heart was lifted and my soul refresh this morning at small group and worship service. I'm thankful for treasured moments.

Lunch was simple. I put ready-to-use chicken bites into the air fryer for 10 minutes while I got the rest of the things ready. Two kinds of tortillas, lettuce, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and 3 kinds of sauces. We each made our preferred version of chicken wraps.

What happens when i don't use cards? I forget to do things. Basic things. I realized this afternoon that I didn't take my morning vitamins. I hadn't made my daily tea. The kids cards were not set out. The dogs didn't get taken out and fed on time. etc. etc. etc.

I was looking through recipes for inspiration to create a rice dish. I decided on making Hoppin' John. WOW! It turned out tasty. I didn't include any meat in the recipe because we will be eating this side dish alongside an assortment of meat. I also left some of the rice plain for the picky kids who think eating vegetables is a horrible idea.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”