March Forth Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Dove

Re: March Forth Monday PWYC

Postby Dove » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:39 pm

Thinking of & praying for you & dh, blessed. Hope doctors figure out why dh is having trouble breathing & that there is a quick & easy fix for it. (((Hugs)))

Morning routine is done. I'm seeing less wild birds as the weather warms up. Every year I start tapering off how many days I put seed out instead of stopping abruptly. Once in a while we get snow in April & every bird in the county shows up to eat :-). I always set some seed aside in case that happens.

Took yesterday off from kitchen decluttering, but will start on pot drawer after posting here. I know there is at least one large pot I haven't used in years, plus some misc items including a set metal skewers for the grill. I've found as I work on this project that ideas & solutions come to me out of the blue hours or days later. The container idea has been very helpful, too, whether I'm dealing with drawers or storage bins. I'm also allowing myself to store things I'm not ready to let go of yet.

Thanks, Harriet, for the picture idea. I was able to move several of the Corning pieces to a storage cabinet downstairs where I keep my crockpots & large stockpots. I had put some misc things that were in there into a donation box & the space available was just enough for the C orning. 8-)

Twins, I have to keep baking pans & other misc kitchen tools in other parts of the house, too. When I watch H GTV shows I drool over the houses that have a large butler's pantry! :lol:

Lady M, I'm late to the conversation but it recently crossed my mind that in regards to dson15, if he ever wants to go back to school as an adult it will be a lot harder to find the time & money to do so while paying rent & working full time. This was me at 23. I moved out of my parents house when I turned 18 & worked full time. I put myself through school a class or two at a time at night & it took years but I got it done. If I could do it over again I would have gone right after high school but I didn't have the money & my parents wouldn't pay for it.

Think I'll make up some chicken salad for lunch later, then take everything out of that pot drawer. This one shouldn't take as long to sort out as the other drawer (she said hopefully ;) ). No idea what's for dinner. Think I'll tell dh we are on our own. He's good about that & understands that sometimes I just don't want to cook. He'll be very agreeable if I promise to make chicken enchiladas in the near future as that is one of his favorites (mine, too).

~~~Waving to everyone & all who stop by later. :)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:28 pm

I have been trying to reach dh all morning but his phone is on silent. after I eat then I will head over there.
I tried calling the nurses station and they must be busy.

I haven't played with the dogs but they have the back door and gate open so they can run in back.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:30 pm

waving at you d dove
and you Nancy
and d lady
and d twins
and d harriet
and waving to everyone!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:35 pm

Sitting and waiting for DS15 to finish music lesson.
My view includes the rear end of a buffalo (10' metal statue).

I used part of my waiting time to hand wash suv at a car wash in this town. It is owned by a fella i worked with for a couple decades. I was hoping to see him but he wasnt onsite.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:45 pm

d lady - nothing like looking at a metal large bison statue fanny.
great on being able to do things while d son is at music lessons

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:37 pm

Home from body work. I've rebooted the laundry and started the roomba going. And need to have lunch next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:44 pm

nothing like looking at a metal large bison statue fanny.

See, you go away for a little while, you come back and instantly you realize the discussion in PWYC has taken its usual turn for the high-minded. Only the brightest and best conversation here, I tell ya'.

Dove, good for you continuing to pursue your education even when it was slow. We also have a diploma in the house that took a long time. HRH often jokes he has a 30-year college degree. As he would approach all the required subjects for a degree, one or two at a time, the goalposts would change : different courses were required, early course finishes became too old to count any more, or finally, the last straw, the actual major didn't exist any longer. At that point, he worked more quickly taking courses from home as well, and got a degree before anything else changed. His college counselor told him he literally took twice as many courses as someone who could have completed the degree in continuous work - enough work for a Bachelors but it is an Associate.

The grocery store was filled with cheerful people. I have no idea why, but it was just cheerful morning over there. HRH and the cashiers and baggers were having a happy laugh over lots of things. Folks outside waved or smiled.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:10 pm

I have walked ddoggo.
One load of laundry is ready to go in the dryer. x
Rolls are done could have used 2-3 min. less in the oven but golden brown I to no like em quite that done.
Cleaned off & dusted the dressers in my bedroom for zone work yea,.. but I still need to get some things off the bed and put away some jewelry.
Did a round on that and jewelry is off the bed now, still needs cleaned sorted to de clutter but that is low on my priority list.
When lh was feeling anxious in the hosp. I just asked the nurse to check and see if there was some thing they could give him for that. :mrgreen:
Just a thought & yes they have stuff for it.

I have swept mopped kit. dining rm. & hallway yea!
Maybe I can mop sun came out again now it's sunny outside.
This is me trying not to worry about a possible store closing I go to a lot actually two of them.
One is a craft store and I think I have a live time supply of planners! So I do not need to panic! LOL!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:37 pm

I've worked in the garage some. Got Goodwill stuff to the car, moved around some stuff dh had randomly stashed, put away the rest of the autumn things that were sitting around when dh started moving things around. I have the winter and spring bins of seasonal things accessible now.

I sat outside with the ddog and played a little too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:21 pm

Even I have marched forth today!
I have the second load of laundry in the washer, first load waiting to be hung to dry after quick tumble in dryer...
AND I even dusted the kitchen -- top to bottom. I didn't move everything off the counters, but I did go around everything with a Swiffer, and I even did the top of the refrigerator!
DH and I also went to the post office, and I have talked to dmom.
She wants to put off her birthday celebration till next week, when DST starts.

This led to long drawn-out conversation with ds, because dh keeps saying dmom doesn't understand that she will still be driving home after dark; next week coaches will keep dgrands longer at practice and we'll be eating supper even later than we would have this week.
DS -- rightly so -- told dh he was over-analyzing things; we don't even KNOW when/if dgrands will be practicing next Thursday.
I maintained that it doesn't matter; if the rest of us get hungry before ds & dgs get through with practice, we will just go ahead and eat... and if dmom doesn't want to drive home after dark, one of us can take us home and someone else can follow to bring the driver back.
DH often makes a big deal out of nothing. He wants to be so in control of everything, and it is really hard for him to deal with unknowns.
(This is the main reason hospital stays are so difficult for him.)

THEN... part two of long drawn-out conversation, this weekend at College Town. DH would love for ds to go with us, and ddil, but ddil's mom is expected to be two days home from hospital with back surgery. She probably will be needed at her mom's.
DS doesn't really want to go because of the ticket situation. We'd have to buy two more tickets if he went and we'd be sitting apart -- dh/dgs... ds/dgd... me. I don't like it either. Our current ticket situation is two together and one one single. DH has kinda promised dgd she could go to this one since dgs went to the last one -- BUT -- dgd can't sit alone with dh -- too difficult to manage concession stand, restroom, etc. DH thought, well, Lucy can most likely find an empty seat somewhere near us and keep an eye on dgd if she needs to go to the restroom, etc. But I hate doing that too. DH doesn't understand how awkward that feels because HE is never the one who is scrounging around for an unoccupied seat. :roll:
SO... dh finally decided, since ds and ddil aren't really all that into going anyway, we will sell our single and buy two more for dgd and me. We'll lose money, but it will be a more pleasant situation.
I do not really look forward to it... it's just a tiresome weekend for me and without ds, I'll have to do half the driving... but whatever. The dgrands do enjoy it, and dh LOVES it.

I can't top the bison fanny... y'all carry on with the high minded conversation. I've got to go take care of the laundry.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”