March Forth Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

March Forth Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:33 am

It is March the fourth and we're assembling our marching orders for the day.

Forward March! One! Two! Three! Four!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: March Forth Monday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:46 am

The heads are up
The chests are out
The arms are swinging
And cadence count
Sound off (sound off)
Sound off (sound off)
Cadence count
1-2-3-4 (1-2... .. 3-4 ! )

I remember the squads marching past the roads, especially when my late dh was stationed at Knox, and we'd be on the way to the PX. But really this was more like a mumble and they also weren't this clever (or daring) to go by the lyrics, lol. It was a joy to hear it in the movie Stripes, said with pretty good diction and then Bill Murray led them into "Do Wa Ditty".

Today, many hugs going out to blessed, dh and dds as I'm hoping they get good news from doctors. I definitely must be thinking of blessed, because I'm in a poetic frame of mind.

Time to listen to Sarge Twins'.

I'm off to the groc-ry store
Comin' back to work some more
Get my gear all stowed away
Then I may just sew all day

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:47 am

When I woke up it was extremely foggy and there was no wind, so I took care of the 4 bags of paper and cardboard that needed to be burned. Perfect day for it.

Supper will be leftovers from pork roast last night. I need to cook more of the cabbage. We ended up with a lot of veggies last night. Carrots on onions from under the roast, plus dh wanted some asparagus. I wanted to start using the huge head of cabbage plus I boiled the last of the potatoes. There will be left over carrots, onions and potatoes getting fried together to go with the pork and cabbage.

Because I was so busy yesterday, there isn't any laundry to wash or put away today. The only dirty thing in the kitchen is the roasting pan, simply because I forgot to do it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:48 am

May the fourth be with you!
I am up put a letter out to post paper work I'd been stalling on not sure why glad it's done!
QT Journaling happened.
We had just over a skiff of snow in the nite.
Took my vits.
31* / 43* F., temp. range today here.
Did some stretches before I got out of bed that did seem to help.
Some one starting a car in the nite every so often woke me up.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:58 am

d harriet - I love it! Especially your own 1-2-3-4! You made me smile

I'm off to the groc-ry store
Comin' back to work some more
Get my gear all stowed away
Then I may just sew all day

hi d harriet
hi d twins! Marching forth - Yes Ma'am! Thank you for starting us!
hi d Cathy yay on taking care of things yesterday! No laundry today!
hi d Nancy have a great day! May the 4th be with you too!

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:51 am

Posting from reclining bike @ gym
Note to self: use it or lose it. Muscles and stamina are earned with exercise

The first 3hours of my day couldnt have gone any smoother.
I wonder what experiences the rest of the day will hold?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:54 am

charging my phone
hi d lady - yay on being at the gym! yay!
glad you had a smooth start to your day!

I have to do things before heading over to dh. I know if I am there all day and night, I will only get sick from not moving around. Sitting is not healthy for me at this point. I won't be any good for dh if I don't feel well.

I will call his nurse to see when his one procedure happens. I want to be there before the biopsy.

waving to everyone! have a good day!
It's another day and that's a blessing!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:24 am

I'm starting a second cup of coffee and considering the day. I have body work at 11:30. I'm so happy to have a quiet house this morning I'm afraid I'll just sit her basking in it today!

I've been working on an OMM list in Excel lately and using a column to prioritize, but I've had to resort to A1, A2, A3, priorities. Which takes me back to getting overwhelmed. I have fifteen things for this week and I've sorted them down to the sublevels. :roll: Will this help me get things done? Who knows!

Meanwhile, I've marched the dog around the block twice and a.m. routine is underway. Would love to make a goal of finishing it by "the crossroads of the day" as Harriet termed it once, but I can't seem to even remember to write that down. (Perhaps a preview of Write it down later in the week?)

Bw2, when I've been hanging out at the hospital with dh (before and after gall bladder surgery last year and pancreatic surgery a couple of years ago, I purposely go take a walk. Hospitals are usually huge places with long hall ways suited for a walk and no one there will frown on you stretching your legs and getting some exercise. I remember a procedure years ago for dh when the timing of the procedure kept getting pushed later in the day and (in touch by cell phone) I went for a walk outside in the neighborhood. That depends on the neighborhood of course, but it gave me a taste of the outside. Another trick is to park a long way away so there's a substantial walk to the car, lol.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:48 am

Home from gym and regrouping. I have 45 minutes before leaving for the 3rd of 5 trips out of the house today.

I found myself frustrated over and over yesterday with making myself take a break from using the cards. It was good for me to experience it because it reverified how much the cards help me stay focused and get things done.

46 cards were completed so far today, and I have confidence the most important daily things have been accomplished. 9 cards are planned for the next hour. I will do those before I leave the house to take DS15 to music studio.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:10 pm

LM I thought of you when yesterday I was looking for some thing in my desk came across the rings to clip note cards on after
punching a hole.

bfast x
Rx x

Next up
bfast dishes x
mop / not today
trash round up before trash day Tues. x
s2s x
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”