Tuesday Ta Das! Let's hear them!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Ta Das! Let's hear them!

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:43 pm

hi d Nancy - put away boxes from out front delivery for dd older
cleaned the one bedroom except for the floor - I need to vacuum in there
laundry flip flopped
I need to play with the dogs even though they have zoomed through the house with my shoe.
next me exercise.
I want to work outside but I need to spend time with dh.

look at card file bc I am starting to have a moment of:
If I start this, I will never finish it" instead of "just to a bit - no perfection and no finishing needed.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:33 pm

Taking a break to regroup and eat a cup of soup.

I added a couple more out-of-the-house trips to my day.
Voted.
Meet electricians at the church. They are doing a project for me.

On the way back from taking the dogs to groomers I had DS15 drive the less traveled country road to see if he could find his way home. These one lane roads have grass growing in between the dirt tire ruts. DS15 passed the challenge with flying colors.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm

LadyM... that's cool ds15 knew his way home. I love country roads like that.

I woke up to a smell in my house. Sweetie took the garbage out, but that didn't help. I hate when my house stinks so I figured it was coming somewhere from my kitchen. I deep cleaned the garbage disposal and made sure to scrub the flapper. Did the same with my dish washer and ran it with a cup of vinegar. Washed with soap and hot water all my kitchen counters after removing everything off of them. Finally my house started to smell better.

Went outside and spent time with my sunnies. They were planted last week and I had to rig some protection around the pots so the birds wouldn't eat the seeds. In an other area of my side yard, I planted some plants I grew from seeds. This was sort of a test garden as I wanted to see if the birds would go after my little tender plants. They are still up as of this morning...I planted them on Sunday.

Took a big breath and planted more tenders on the other side of the house. Hopefully they will be happy there. And right before I finished I found a beautiful butterfly sitting on some grass. Not sure if it had just come out of it's cocoon or not. My next door neighbor has many butterfly bushes in her yard and last year she raised butterflies and then released them.

Anyway, I gently placed my finger next to it's feet and it crawled up on to it. He kept flapping his wings but wouldn't fly which makes me wonder if his wings weren't dry yet. I took him over to one of the butterfly bushes and he crawled on to it. Hopefully he's happy now.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:26 pm

Back from town did an errand. Picked up my Rx. Got some fun art date things.
Thrifted a small corner shelf to paint and got 2 tea cups to set on it I have one cup and
it it a three tiered shelf so the will look great and be a fun project so I just need to figure out
where it will go so I know what color to paint it.
Got some things for Easter basket.
Found spring pillows for fun.

I left my phone in my vest in the truck so only did minimal shopping did not want to miss those steps.
Will go to the local market later on this week.

Saw some friends and sat and chatted with them half hr. or so.
Got take out and enjoyed that before walking the ddoggo.
Weather is nice outside now.
Found more vol. plants to dig out.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:48 pm

Nancy, that sounds like a perfect day out.

Lol, Ramblin', that butterfly will have a story to tell but who would believe him? Perhaps you offered a ride that meant the difference between having the strength or not. Who knows.

I've been working in the kitchen and cooking since chatting with ya'll.

Recipe-tweaking skippable
Instant Pot going at the moment with a savory Kitchari of multiple rices and lentils, onion and sweet potatoes. Changed my favorite recipe further (than I already had) to add even more sweet potatoes and to switch seasonings. I left the curry alone but added more smoked paprika and changed the multi-ingredient salt-free seasonings. I bought several of these to try but found the Mrs. Dash Table Blend to be very black-pepper-dominate and chili-pepper-dominate. (I love their Chipotle variety for Mexican-style recipes.) The Benson's Table Tasty is good, but I'm actually out of it now, plus it is rather moisture-susceptible :( and since it's also expensive, well... .. This time trying Bragg's Organic Sprinkles and the house smells like an entire restaurant. :shock: In a good way! So, at least this far in, I'm sold.

Will be listening out for a report from blessed! Oh, I feel the same way about trying chores in small amounts of time - if I don't judge their use correctly, I fear they will make me late! If others are inconvenienced because I'm late, I tend to really beat myself up over that.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm

I got through the HOA accounting for February and reconciled. I think I finally have a process. Most the bills are on autopay so it's just recording them in Quickbooks, and there were only two checks written in Feb. The former treasurer entered everything as the bills came and entered the due date for payment, so she always had them in accounts payable until the due date. I'm doing most of the accounting once a month - recording those auto pays then in one session working from the bank statement. Anyway, that's done.

I'm going to leave soon for my workout, will stop to vote on the way.

------------

and I forgot to submit this before I left earlier.

It has been raining like the dickens all afternoon. Voting place was at a church and instead of being near the parking lot it was all the way around in the back in the rain.

I worked out - always excellent workout. Then went by dfriend M's house for a visit. She is getting around without walker or canes mostly. Still has some swelling but it was a good visit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:39 pm

I got some more picked up
out of the back yard and
vol. plants dug out of the front yard too yea!
Did some writing as well for a plus!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:50 pm

We got a break in the rain so walked ddog two laps. That took care of my step goal for today. Saw dfriend M walking with two canes, she was walking one direction while her dh took dRuby around the circle in the other direction, then she walked home with them. So she didn't walk all the way around but just walked as far as she felt she could

Rain starts back up this evening and overnight. I might just put my pajamas on soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:34 pm

The Braggs product was a hit, adding so much to the dish for a late lunch. A definite hit of rosemary. The meal is always better the next day, so looking forward to that.

All the Tuesday chores are done well.

WonderBoy helped with recyclables and trash, having finished math earlier than he expected.

Dd25 texted in all caps that the appraisal came back on the house and will not affect the projected loan at all. In fact, it's better news than they thought, so maybe the young man can start breathing again. Oh, she says no he can't - he has to arrange insurance now, lol. All this adulting.

She and her Dad are having fish tonight, something that they sometimes eat but I don't, so I will go scrounge at bit in the kitchen soon. I want them to get to have their meal together with time to talk about all these doin's.

Actually, she says they made potatoes for a side dish and a lot of it, so I'll build on that.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:10 pm

Did some reading half of a chapter in one of my writing books.

Return to “Post When You Can”