Write it Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Write it Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:15 am

Write it down! Are you making a packing list, journaling, grocery list, or marking your place in a craft and making a note so you know where you were? Can't hurt to write it down!

While you're at it today, find an anti-procrastination task to finish off!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Write it Wednesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:58 am

Good morning

Question- Any suggestions, advice or experience with teaching how to not procrastinate? DD12 is 95% an easy child to raise but is struggling with being a master procrastinator. She does love to research and find solutions, so I have asked her to find ideas to help her learn to just do it instead of putting things off until later.

Today feels like an easier day with only 4 trips out of the house on the schedule.

DS15 and friend moved their four FOR SALE vehicles out of our yard to a business that is on the state highway. I do love having a long multiple entry/exit driveway but 7 vehicles in our driveway felt like overkill IMHO.

Salmon patties is one of the dishes I'm planning to cook today. Probably some sort of potato dish too. And mixed green salad of some sort. I'll decide once I get started in the kitchen. I made a big pot of my favorite soup yesterday, so I am well stocked with that. I also cooked a bag of cranberries and have them ready to eat. Supper with the church family tonight is hot dogs and chili.

My first 2 hourly challenge was near perfect. 31 cards completed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:33 am

I'm still following through on my list and prioritizing and I crossed two off yesterday - both related to the HOA.

We're supposed to have rain most of the day again. And won't see the sun again consistently until maybe Sunday. I'm trying not to move so dMillie won't pop her head off the couch and insist I put on a raincoat and take her around the block. I have our gas fire on and the house is very peaceful this morning.

I sometimes find procrastination is because there's "something" stopping me, even if I haven't verbalized it to myself. Lack of knowledge, not knowing what the first step is, not having what I need for that first step. Sometimes figuring out the "first step" gets me started. There are all kinds of strategies, tho.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:26 pm

waving at you all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:46 pm

Good morning! I’ve been peeking in the last few days, but for the most part, I haven’t had time to write. I did lose a big post the other day, though. :(

I really need to do payroll work. LadyM, I am absolutely no help in dealing with procrastination — unless you wanted to learn how to procrastinate, in which case, I could probably teach you! It doesn’t help that the thing I’m working on (a guide to how these documents should look) doesn’t have a deadline but does enumerate my flaws. :oops: There are things I’ve missed, and I’m supposed to be the final reviewer before layout.

Sorry to have missed helia the other day. Perhaps she’ll swing by again and give us an update of what’s new in her neck of the woods.

Hoping we hear some good news from blessed about her DH.

Enjoy your cozy spot, Twins!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:47 pm

My anti P. plan for today is to make a list 10 things was my goal.
5 very short easy ones 2-3 min. under five for low hanging fruit / success.
Then I get encouraged to do others.
Rewards included
also doing rounds helped.
Celebrate with a project is finished like the prayer shawl I did get done with the edging last nite.
I cheered clapped and did a little jig! It took most of the winter.

I was up in the nite just before mid nite. Thinking this happens this time of year.
I did my basement walk around and one of my anti P. tasks got done dusted the corners and wall edges of the sewing zone.
Then I finished a chapter I read half of last nite. Did my QT too.

Went back to bed and slept in till 7:35 :mrgreen:
It's sunny out and icy on my deck here.
Had my bfast.
Journaling is done.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:53 pm

Super-procrastinater here.

No internet wi-fi, either. Dh and I will be”sharing” this one phone with data plan. Sigh. Tech can’t be here till the 12th!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:59 pm

I've done a huge anti-procrastination job - not done, but have made a dent. I think I've told ya'll that at times I have over 300 notes in my "Inbox" in Evernote? Well, I've been filing them and am down to 167 and still going.

I stopped and walked the dog a lap, we had started another lap when she spied a cat! A dastardly Cat! In Our Neighborhood! And she became unruly so we turned around for home.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:05 pm

LucyLee - a week without internet?!!! (((Hugs)))

I didn't find the time to fit in trip to the city yesterday, so I shoved it into today's schedule. I detest going to the city but it is necessary. On the positive side - I was able to find the majority of plants for spring/summer vegetable garden. They are very good-looking healthy plants at what is considered to be a low price (99 cents each plant). OF course I remember previous years paying a fraction of that price but it is what it is.

Talked to DBro and DSIL for a while. They shared IRL details of rancher friends in the Texas/Oklahoma fire. Any fire is sad but the fire damage to the animals is beyond imagination. My mind can't grasp the horror of the decisions and actions that were required.

I forgot to take my drink with me. Four hours without my tea drink made me feel extremely fatigued. I'm playing catch up now to get hydrated.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:29 pm

CI ~ I have done my lesson and read a chapter.
Had my lunch.
Got my steps in for the first half of my day yea!
Glad for the sun was have and how the ice finally melted on the deck yea for that!
I declawed some paper and that was helpful it is so amazingly simple to do it when it comes in instead of stacking it up
to plow through later! Yea for that!
Dust under my bed. X

Return to “Post When You Can”