Thoughtful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Thoughtful Thursday

Postby CathyS » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:17 pm

We had liver and onions for supper with mashed potatoes (from a box) and green peas.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:29 pm

Done logging for today I have put the ladder away and cut up most of the branch I cut down.
I can look forward to a fire in the fire pit one of these days.
The crocked branch would make a great conversation piece for my next walking stick project! LOL!

Some times when LH was alive I had to just take a 5 min. walk to the corner and toss my troubles over the canyon,
I could then focus on my happiness I could not make others be happy.

I rested and then after dinner I vacuumed upstairs so glad for this progress! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:57 pm

So true, Nancy. Why do women so often feel RESPONSIBLE for EVERYONE around them?
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:02 pm

I am home without any disaster. DS15 is an excellent driver and astonishes me how easily he maneuvers pulling through tight places and backing up trailers. I can't say that I am relaxed while DS15 is driving but I am slowly becoming more accustomed to it.

I learned something new. I didn't know there were sinks with built in dishwashers. I was holding the paperwork while they were loading items into the trailer. When they said that was everything I pointed to the paperwork and said we don't have the dishwasher. They pointed to a 46" vanity top and said that was the sink dishwasher. Huh? When I questioned how a vanity top could be the dishwasher they checked again and decided they had loaded the wrong item.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:00 pm

That’s news to me too, LadyM! But this was not the dishwasher you wanted, right?
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:33 pm

I have STARED at the L owes page about the in-sink dishwasher. First 5 or 6 reviews sound great but then you do get to some questionable problems people have had. One reviewer says "standard US dinner plates" won't fit, so you have to get 10" plates or smaller. Hmmm... .. Another said the other side (the only sink) is a very shallow sink. Still, it is a possibility.

No, I didn't know it existed, either.

I am SO over believing this part of HRH's family when they say they are visiting. Time of visit changed, as usual, so my plan for my day was messed up. Quickly texted dd that it would be so late she would be on her way home and she texted, "Oh no". (She needed to do work tonight, which she actually did do, just excusing herself, but it was awkward) Sigh. They stayed until 7:45. I would have arranged my day so differently if I had known. I think HRH did enjoy the visit. They were sneezing, though, which worried dd.

Today cleaned in bathroom and vacuumed.

Ramblin', my spin and scrub hand-held thingie worked fine for me today, after dd had inspected it and gotten it to work.

As far as sewing, I only researched how to do the next steps, including measuring that was confusing. Some eye-rubbing and squinting, but I think I've got it figured out.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:05 pm

this was not the dishwasher you wanted, right?

No. The items picked up today from Lowes are for house renovation that DS15 boss is doing. I'm now curious to see what he has designed. I think this house has 6 bedrooms and 4 baths so i expect the kitchen would have full size dishwasher instead of one in the sink. I am usually surprised by what he designs when he does a complete renovation of a home.

Sweet Dreams to all
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”