Thoughtful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thoughtful Thursday

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:19 pm

I have slept well and slept in till 6:30.
been thinking writing some stuff down as I do morning journals & had some great insights today yea!
Harriet thought of your dd and put those in needle work art thread.
I have been thinking of various ways to log some ideas and thoughts.
Cooked an egg fetched mail. & Got dressed. So my day is progressing along well.

Frosty out 26* / 46* F. today's temp. range.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:38 pm

It's nearly seventy and mostly sunny right now.

I laid flat on the floor for awhile and then stretched my back a little too. I can't find my ball that I use to press against my glutes to massage them. I'm going on to my workout - points for showing up - and will need some stretching and easy movement.

There are two tulip farms locally that are opening up this weekend.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:21 pm

I'm enjoying my slower day. A little productivity mixed in and alternating with feet up zoned out in the recliner.

I am thankful I am not the one dealing with DGS17 aut-oh that happened this morning. DGS17 was late for school and trying to leave quickly. It didn't go the way he had hoped. DGS17 sent us a video from the camera inside their garage that shows him starting the garage door to raise but in his effort to get out of the garage quickly he didn't wait until the door cleared the jeep. He destroyed the garage door. No one was hurt so it is just the hassle of getting house/vehicle repaired.

I am transplanting pepper & tomato plants into larger pots. I have a couple of weeks to wait before putting them into the raised beds so by putting them into larger pots it uses this time to give their root system more room to develop.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:42 pm

Good for you LadyM, in getting some down time today. Will your infusion leave you tired or out of sorts?

I had a decent workout - not a hard workout but more than going through the motions. Back has an area that feels achy but I'm okay.

Dmillie is enjoying the outside today. Very surprising sunny weather for "partly cloudy."

I need to work on what I hope are the last revisions to the DAR application. If it's good she will print it on the special paper and I'll get it from her on Wednesday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:51 pm

Walked ddoggo after lunch sunny & enjoyed it. 43* so wore my big coat.
Spicy tex. mix food helped my sinus / ear to clear out and I'm feeling better today yea!
Gotta luv planned left overs! Some I froze up!
after I cut the pizza slices in half and bagged em up.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:58 pm

Y’all, I have got to find some way to stop letting dh’s mood affect me so much. It’s like, he feels bad and/or he gets upset about something and it just sucks the life out of me!
Today was Character Parade at the elementary school. Dress as your favorite book character, and they had a parade around the block.
Dh didn’t go, said he had too much to do to get ready for tomorrow’s trip, etc etc. He just makes a big deal out of everything. If he doesn’t have time to read his Bible devotional and check his bp, check email, etc… in just the same way every morning, he just gets all out of his routine and it makes him feel nervous and rushed or something. Plus today he had to get his medicine all laid out for the next five days, I think… set up the kitchen stuff for lunch after church on Sunday (soup bowls, etc)… pack for the weekend.
Sheesh. Yes, it’s a lot, but nothing that had to be done before the parade.
Plus he feels bad. His arthritis is really bad and there’s lots of moaning and groaning every time he’s getting up and down. He is NOT a “suffer in silence” type.

I am sorry to complain but it really wears me down.
I had first thought I would get a lot done today, make the best of the situation with no internet.
I s2s, went to the parade, went to the post office, paid the phone bill…
And now I’ve eaten a bunch of junk and I just want to take a nap.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:42 pm

Lucylee, happens to me when he sits on the couch all day on weekends.
it just sucks the life out of me!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:48 pm

Twins, just imagine if it was 24/7! And he was unhappy!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:16 pm

I'm trying to decide if these are low stress activities or not. I might be flunking low stress effort
** ride with DS15 while he is driving dually truck pulling 16' enclosed trailer.
**observing the empty trailer is being affected by wind causing it to whip side to side while traveling on interstate. Slowing down the trailer started pulling straight.
** watching ds15 getting enough space for dually and trailer to switch lanes in city traffic.
** waiting what seems like forever for Lowes to find and gather the already paid for order. It was placed on January 29th so it seems like they have had plenty of time. They said it was here and ready. Their definition of ready to be picked up is not mine.
** dishwasher, refrigerator, doors and many misc items loaded.
Now to smile and sing while DS15 drives through city traffic at rush hour and then home
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:03 pm

LadyM, I’ve gotta say… it does NOT sound like a low stress ride.

I am now waiting on dgd at ball practice.

I kinda made a mistake, told dh how hard it is for me to be cheerful and strong and encouraging ALL the time…
And now he feels worse and he “doesn’t know why he is here, making everyone miserable.” Sigh.

I know he is in severe pain 99% of the time, but that doesn’t keep me from being exhausted.

And I also know my situation is absolutely NOTHING compared to what you are going through, blessed. You are in my prayers.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”